“Scubafun is #1!”

Anchorage, Alaska
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 6 helpful votes
“Scubafun is #1!”
Reviewed December 7, 2012

We spent 2 days of our Dominican Republic vacation diving with Scubafun, and it was the best part of our trip! We chose Scubafun after reading their reviews on tripadvisor and communicating with owner John and Ingrid the office manager. John went above and beyond to find us affordable transportation from Hard Rock Hotel in Bavaro on the north side of the island to the dive shop in Bayahibe. From the time we arrived, we were treated like personal friends of the entire crew.

The first day, our private driver spoke very little English, and we speak limited Spanish, but with the help of a smart phone translator we had awesome conversations, learned about the local culture and shared many laughs. We had not been diving in almost 5 years, Igor and Neil were great getting me reacquainted with the equipment and sea-life. We dove Penon 1 & 3, near Saona with a group of great folks from around the globe. Nice reef and colorful sea-life! Between dives we visited Piscina Natural, which was cool, but crowded with big resort tour operators (we're really glad we were not among them!).

The second day we rode on a bus that picked up divers at other hotels in Punta Cana. We dove the wall and aquarium of Isla Catalina with a bigger group of divers, yet still received top-notch, personalized service from Paul, Igor and the rest of the Scubafun crew. The dives were amazing! We bought the full day island excursion with a lunch buffet. The food was delicious and the rum was flowing! We had a relaxing and sunny day at Catalina while it was overcast and raining in Punta Cana. Our only regret is not getting to spend the entire week with the crew of Scubafun. As Terminator would say....... WE'LL BE BAAACK!!! :-)

Visited December 2012
1 Thank Rose B

Chicago, Illinois
“Great Crew”
Reviewed December 5, 2012

I was looking for a friendly local crew to go out and dive the nearby reefs and found it with scubafun. Competitive prices, cautious, and friendly all around. Ingrid was well organized and sent a driver to pick us up at 8:30am sharp. Tyler was our dive master and he was really patient and watched after my wife and I. He had his underwater magnifying glasses ready to point out any marine life that we would of missed. Thanks Tyler and the friendly crew of Scubafun. Definitely, recommended!

Visited December 2012
Chicago
4 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 25 helpful votes
“Great scuba diving operation in Dominican Republic”
Reviewed November 28, 2012

Excellent choice for those looking into diving in La Romana, DR area.
1. Big thanks to Ingrid who is an office manager, and who is very responsive and helpful. As a part of selecting the scuba operator for this trip I've exchanges number of emails with Ingrid and she provided me with every piece of info I was requesting for in regards to the diving itself, as well as a lot of information not related directly to diving but helpful with the trip (car rental, cell phone etc...) She was always quick with her response, courteous, helpful, and funny.
2. Another highlight of the Scub Fun was Igor, owner's right hand man, overlooking all daily operations, man who know things both in the shop and under the water. Felt really safe with the guy around. Rest of the crew was very professional as well.
3. Also a good, reliable equipment, great spacious boats.
4. Location, short walking distance to the boat.
I dove several times before, and never had any issues in the past ( I guess I was lucky with my choices), but Scuba Fun definitely stands out. Highly recommended!!!

Visited November 2012
1 Thank 0po98i
Rome, Georgia
3 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 11 helpful votes
“Best diving operation ever! Do not dive with anyone else!!!”
Reviewed November 17, 2012

My family and I visited the Dominican Republic in October and stayed at the Iberostar Hacienda Dominicus near the fishing village of Bayahibe.

Based on the TripAdvisor reviews and communication with Ingrid at Scubafun, we decided to dive with them instead of the resort dive center. I cannot recommend Scubafun, John, and his staff highly enough.

Ingrid was the best in assisting me in arranging a private taxi to and from the Punta Cana airport. While the drivers did not speak English, they were smiling and a joy to travel with.

Now about Scubafun; every morning a smiling taxi driver picked us up for the 5 minute ride to down town Bayahiebe and the dive shop.

Our dive guide was Igor for all 3 days and he went above and beyond any other dive operation I have used (I worked at a dive shop while in college and I know how much work is involved).

Igor was attentive, patient, and enthusiastic as well as all of the staff. My daughter is a new diver, my wife had not been in the water in a while, and Igor went out of his way to insure a SAFE, fun experience every day for all of us. The reefs are in fantastic shape. All the dive operations take good care of the natural resources. The actively spear lion fish as it is an invasive species

The last day we got the opportunity to dive the St. George wreck. John, the owner, and Fredrico (a dive master in training, sorry, I hope I spelled your name close to correct) went with us. Awesome, Awesome, Awesome. 3 divers and each with our own private guide at no extra cost. This is the best deep dive I have ever done.

If you go to the south shore of the Dominican Republic, don't dive with anyone else! John and his staff are the best anywhere!

One word of advice: DO NOT TAKE TRAVELERS CHECKS! NOT EVEN THE BANKS TAKE THEM ANYMORE. John graciously did but he was going to have to cash them back in the USA. The hotel exchanged some for me but the exchange rate was not great.

Visited October 2012
Sorel, Canada
4 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 43 helpful votes
“Scubafun ! Great company, great diving experience !”
Reviewed November 15, 2012

Just got back from a one week vacation where I had the chance to dive in beautiful Bayahibe. For the second time, I chose to dive with this great company and group of divers that is Scubafun. John, Ingrid, Igor, Paul, Teddy, Tyler and all boat crews are just professional and take good care of you and make your dives unforgetable. Had the opportunity to complete my AOWD and Nitrox certification with these guys and I am very happy with the excellent service of Scubafun ! They have very nice equipment and boats and get you to great diving spots. Will deffinately dive again with Scubafun :)

Visited November 2012