“Much ado about nothing”

Cuisines: Central American
Dining options: Late Night, Reservations
Dining options: Late Night, Reservations
Reviewed August 21, 2018

Location and appearence are good. Service is awkardly sloooow. It took ofertan hour for two main courses to be served and the restaurante was almost empty. Dishes were not bar at all, but extremly expensive.

Personnel seems to be unexperienced and careless, I was served a closed bottle or wine and waited almost ten minutes for it to be opened while waiters were discussing between each other.

In the end the bill I got was almost double the one I expected.

Wasted time in there. Fail.

Reviewed August 20, 2018 via mobile

Wow
Never had such a bad experience
My son and I went for a quick dinner
I order a daiquiri and my son a sprite
They brought us empanadas
It was ok
So I asked them for some bread
I also ordered lasagna
I wasn’t too hungry so I asked for to go lasagna
Their version of lasagna was horrendous
I can’t even explain it
It looked like ravioli
There was no layer of cheese or meat or pasta
I told them I wasn’t paying for it
Well well
Then check came
They charged me 200 pesos for the bread
I got pissed
Then the dude tried to threaten me by calling the police
200 pesos for 4 pieces of bread
They rip you off because you are an American
Do not go
Con artists

Reviewed August 6, 2018 via mobile

Excelent location, nice food, a good variety, two.levels and ambientations. Just in front of the sea. Italian management. The only little negative aspect is the quite high pricing.

Reviewed January 5, 2018 via mobile

Rating by 2 because of the good waiter that assumed the mistakes by the restaurant and took responsibility.

My rating is based on my bad experience . Maybe it was a bad night , and also it can be because our order could be not their specialties in the restaurant ..
also we know Dominican timing is different but comparing versus other restaurants in the area I think this rate is totally fair , as it was what we experienced.

1 hour after order we get on table the first dish .Empanadas ( we ordered them as main dish)
The empanadas wasn’t the ones we ordered , but do not claim as we were starving. need to say that they were no filling inside the empanadas, a little of creme cheese and 2 or 3 pieces of ham.
Also they were too fatty( too much oil)

We wait another 10 min to get our starter . As we see the possibility to not get it , then we asked again . Lambi a la criolla .
The sauce was nice but lambi qty on the plate was very very low...

This 3 dishes plus one bottle of water plus one coke was 1650 pesos (34$).i will say quite overpriced vs other restaurants in the area which offer similar service and food.

Not coming back to this one during our week in Bayahibe

Reviewed December 5, 2017 via mobile

We stopped at this restaurant for the good view. It turned out to have rude staff, not good food and being expensive compared to other restaurants in the area. Better to go for one of the many other restaurants nearby!!!!