“Amazing food, lovely ambiance”

Mama Mia Spaghetteria - Caffetteria
Ranked #3 of 61 Restaurants in Bayahibe
Cuisines: Italian
Reviewed February 21, 2018

I found Mama Mia's in Feb 2016 when I visited Bayahibe for the first time. Their spaghetti carbonara blew my mind. I returned in May 2016 but they were under renovation and it took me until Feb 2018 to get back there. First dinner stop? Mama Mia's. I was not disappointed! The carbonara was still on the menu (thank god!) and it surpassed 2 years of anticipation! We also enjoyed their bruschetta and ravioli with cheese sauce. Both were amazing.
The food is prepared in a home style kitchen and there is a scattering of tables that spill outside under full sized umbrellas.
There is a reason this place is full of customers and some places around it are not. The service can be slow, but you definitely get what you wait for.
For 3 people sharing an appetizer, 3 pasta meals and 3 glasses of wine we paid under $2000 pesos including a healthy tip.

Reviewed February 3, 2018 via mobile

We walked the beach from Dreams to Bayahibe and found Mama Mias. Wow... fantastic meal! We had arrabiata and carbonara... wonderful food at great prices!! Such a charming place!

Reviewed September 5, 2017

My first time to visit was January 2017. I was delighted how good the food was! I will go back for Dinner again! Very easy to find, go early they do get busy!!

Reviewed April 10, 2017 via mobile

Had a nice dinner with family. I ordered the sausage spaghetti with red sauce. I enjoyed my dinner and would go back again. Great view of the sea!

Reviewed December 1, 2016

The food is amazing, the prices are low, the beer is ice cold (red wine also chilled - nice touch on a warm night) and the staff is friendly. Family owned & operated - wife is an excellent cook (everything is made to order), and husband & young son make a great serving staff (son liked practicing his English with us). We tried it out because we saw a lot of locals eating there. It was hands down the best food we had in our 2 weeks traveling through the Dominican.