“A True "PADI 5 Star IDC Dive Centre"”
Review of Coral Point Diving

Coral Point Diving
Book In Advance
More Info
$350.00*
and up
PADI Open Water Diver Course in La Romana
More attraction details
Owner description: Coral Point Diving is a PADI 5 Star IDC Dive Resort located in Bayahibe, Dominican Republic. We offer beautiful dives, quality training and devotion to the ocean.
Reviewed April 1, 2014

I recently returned from a trip to the Dominican Republic and had the pleasure of doing eight dives with this professional group of dive instructors. I spent a lot of time on trip advisor researching reputable dive operations before leaving for my trip and found that this company actually surpassed all expectations.

I stayed at Dreams for the duration of my time in the DR and "el capitán" from Coral Point picked me up in the boat daily at 8:15am just outside the resort property. This was pre-arranged with Gianluca, who always answered my e-mails within hours of sending them. Upon arrival my tank would be ready with my name taped to it and I would prepare my equipment for the days dives. I brought my own gear, but the equipment which is included in the cost of your dives is well maintained and in very good shape. It was easy to pick out which customers had not dived in while, they were the ones having problems putting their equipment together. I wasn't the only one to pick up on this. The instructors would be on deck watching everyone and assigned an Intern/DM to help the people having issues. Interns/DM would then accompany the person during the dive to keep watch/refresh the persons skills during the dive. All equipment was placed on the boats by the Interns. No slugging your equipment back and forth to the boat. Remember SAFETY is a priority for this group.

The Instructors -Gianluca, Daniel, Val, Fabrizio, Allessandro, and Laura, where just amazing. Every morning they had big smiles on their faces, and were genuinely happy to see the customers. I had the pleasure of having Val as my Instructor/Dive Guide for all eight dives. Our daily groups were always small and a briefing was completed before we hit the water. We always stayed within our decompression limits, holding as much bottom time as possible

I had the opportunity to complete two PADI Specialties (Instructors Val & Laura) while I was there and found the instruction to be right on par with all of the courses I've completed in Canada. There were no corners cut, all skills were completed and my knowledge reviews were marked. I enjoyed my time with this group so much that I've decided to head back in November to complete my Dive Master Course.

You will absolutely enjoy your time diving with this group. Without a question they are the most knowledgeable on the Island. It doesn't hurt that Gianluca is also a Marine Biologist who is a huge supporter of Project Aware and is assisting a local group in Bayahibe with preserving the reefs. Do yourself a favour and dive with this group.

Lastly...This group of men and woman love what they do for a living and don't make a tremendous amount of money doing it. Do them a favour, treat them right and give them a tip for all their hard work. This is common practice around the world. They give so much, give a little back.

1  Thank BARRY B

Reviewed March 24, 2014

Enjoy diving with Gianluca, Daniele, Valeriano, Fabrizio and DJ!!!!!
They are funny and professional, able to organize beautiful divings in bayahibe and surrondings.
They can offer you even different type of specialty and professional courses and let you enjoy with one of most interesting activity you can do in Santo Domingo.
Contact and visit them, you' ll find what you are looking for!!!!!!!

Reviewed March 22, 2014

We did some looking around on the Internet for diving in Dominican, found Coral Point in Bayahibe and I am so glad we booked! The entire dive shop staff was enthusiastic and I don't think we could have found a more competent dive-master than Gianluca. My sister was just mending from a broken back and required quite a bit of extra attention and Luca had incredible patience and confidence which made for some great diving. I guess I should mention that the diving in Bayahibe is wonderful, water so clear every dive we could see bottom from the surface and when diving we saw some amazing seascapes, corals and critters. Luca was also training a new dive master Jennifer, who was a joy to have along. I would not hesitate to recommend Coral Point and I will definitely book there again as soon as I can arrange it.

1  Thank PrairieSunset2014
Reviewed March 16, 2014 via mobile

I did my IDC at Coral Point with Course Director Gianluca Lamberti.It was excellent value for money for the course and very cheap to live. I was worried about the physics part of the theory exam but Gianluca was a brilliant teacher and went above and beyond to help us all and I passed it with flying colours.There were 6 of us on the course and we all passed the IDC and IE to become diving instructors.The dive centre is in a beautiful location and the area feels very safe and the locals are very friendly and helpful.I couldn't speak any Spanish which wasn't a problem,although I am trying to learn the language.I would definitely recommend this dive centre for doing your IDC course.

Reviewed March 11, 2014

We chose Coral Point Diving through Trip advisor ratings, and we were more than satisfied !!!
We wanted to pass the open water certification, Miguel (our instructor) was so professional, patient and rigorous, that we ended up by doing the advanced open water as well.

All the team was welcoming and nice, with always a great mood, and very helpful. They organized everything for us, such as the daily pick up at the hotel (5min drive), even putting us in contact for a Humpback whale excursion !!!

Last comment on the diving center : the fares are including the equipment, and the boat is human sized, the maximum number of divers was 5, and the farest diving spot at 10 min !!
So, thank you Daniele, Gianluca, Vittali, Marco, Katarina, Valeriano, and Miguel once again!!