“Amazing family vacation and wedding/honeymoon!”

Viva Wyndham Dominicus Palace
Ranked #7 of 16 Hotels in Bayahibe
Reviewed July 9, 2012

I'll start with the good points and finish with not necessarily the bad points - just things that they should work on or suggestions to make the experience even better.

Some background information first. My (now) husband and I went there to get married with our two young boys (aged 4 and 5) PLUS his entire family (adults and kids) and my family in June 2012. So, we were a pretty large group (a total of 19 people). We were there a total of 10 days. It's important to note that we are all fluent Spanish-speakers, which may effect the overall experience one may have at the resort (although I did see that the staff at the front desk and guest services were all multilingual).

Overall, you can see by the rating we gave that we were ridiculously happy with our vacation at the Viva Wyndham Dominicus Palace. And when I say "we" I mean EVERYONE (the grandparents, parents, kids, EVERYONE!) Also, keep in mind that my review includes the sister-resort, Viva Wyndham Dominicus Beach, where we could use all of their installations, including restaurants, at no extra cost. I highly recommend staying the Palace mainly for that reason - the fact that you can have the best of both resorts at no additional cost. As I understand it, if you stay at the Beach resort, you can only use the Palace installations if you pay a daily fee (I think it's $10 but I'm not sure).

GOOD POINTS:

- The beach is AMAZING! Very clean - nicely kept (staff constantly maintaining the beach and keeping it clean) There's coral right off of the beach so you can get some good snorkeling in as well. There are palm trees EVERYWHERE so you don't have to be worried about getting up early to reserve a spot under some shade (especially important if you're a family of young kids and don't want to deal with painful sunburns). There are plenty of lounge chairs too...

- The resort grounds are SPECTACULAR! The gardens are just beautifully kept with native plants and flowers - there's a pond with huge turtles and fish swimming around as well as flamingos and even a huge iguana that you can pet!

- The staff are AMAZING! I really hope the staff at the resort are getting paid what they deserve, because they were just so great...Attentive, positive...always happy...always smiling...Especially Raul at the main lobby bar (he really turned the day around for me when I was stressing about the threat of rain on my wedding day) and Eileen and Barbara at guest services who helped make my wedding day just PERFECT and Yeraldine at guest services was especially helpful with our restaurant reservations and other activities. Also, Lorenzo at the omelet station in the buffet...your smile was a great start to my day! And Daniel, our waiter for our romantic seaside dinner reservation at Atlantis, was by far one of the best waiters I have had at any dining establishment! I have to also say that the front desk staff were great when we checked in...They even put the entire family together in the building that has a spectacular ocean-view, even though it was just my husband and I who paid for an ocean-view room...all of the other rooms were originally standard garden views but because they had availability and wanted to keep us all together, they gave them all ocean-view rooms without us even asking for it!

- The resort is ideal for young families (but also great for couples as there's plenty to do at night - complete with a great nightclub). We used their babysitting services a couple of times and were very satisfied with the quality of the service (although the fee was a bit steep - $15 per hour because we have two kids - otherwise, it's $10 per hour for one child)

- The food at the buffets were great as far as buffet food goes...I mean, really people, they're trying to feed thousands of people daily at the buffets - don't go there expecting gourmet food - it's not going to happen. But the food was great! There was something for everyone! There were healthy options for those trying to watch their weight (including a great selection of salads)...the fish was fresh and yummy....I have to say, towards the end, I preferred the buffets to the a la carte restaurants

- A reservation at Atlantis restaurant is a MUST! It's an additional $20 per person fee (or $35 if you want the lobster) and it's totally worth it (ESPECIALLY the lobster!)

- There's something for everyone! And there was always something going on...but the place is so huge that if you just want some peace and quiet, you can find that too.

- The rooms were perfectly acceptable...Beds were comfortable, air conditioning worked, large bathroom with good water pressure, a good size balcony with ocean view (our view was spectacular! We stayed in the building that starts with 58), mini fridge to keep your beverages cold and an in-room safe, which I highly recommend using for an additional fee (I think it was $2 per day but worth it for peace of mind). Although I have stayed in better rooms in terms of the decor, how long do you really stay in your room while at the Caribbean? The most important thing for us was a good size balcony with an ocean-view and a comfortable bed and an air conditioner that worked - and we got all of that!

- Entertainment staff were...well...entertaining! There's a nightly show, which my kids especially loved and plenty of activities during the day and night.

- There's a kid's club which is especially useful if you want a break from your kids (but we only used it once) - but the one time we did use it, the kids enjoyed being there.

- The wedding was the ideal wedding for me...LOVED IT LOVED IT LOVED IT! I highly recommend getting married there...they bend over backwards making sure everything is to your liking (again, thanks to Eileen and Barbara!)

- Bartenders were great - drinks were great (I think they are told not to be too liberal with the alcohol but all you have to do is ask them to put more rum in or whatever and they'll do it with a smile!)

- The pools were fantastic at both resorts...The pool at the Beaches resort was especially good for toddlers! There were pools that had a lot going on (like music and activities) and other pools that were for those wanting peace and quiet. Just awesome.

- Snack bars were fantastic! Yummy hamburgers, fries, hot dogs, pizzas and even salads! Very useful for when you are hungry and the buffet restaurants haven't opened yet.

- I was pleasantly surprised at how accessible the place is for those with a handicap. My uncle has artificial legs and he says this was the first place he has ever gone to (and he travels a lot) where even the beach is accessible via stable and sturdy paths almost all the way down to the ocean! This resort in particular has made a tremendous effort in being accessible to all with ramps everywhere and they even have special water wheelchairs available to take people to the ocean for a swim! And regular wheelchairs were also available for those times that my uncle wanted to take a rest from walking from one place to another. The only thing I should say, though, is that during the time we were there, the elevator that took you to the main lobby was out of order about half the time that we needed to use it, but I'm thinking that was an isolated occurrence during our stay there and not typical (considering the effort they have put it in to make this place handicap-accessible!)

- Overall, we are all very happy with the resort and wouldn't hesitate to go back again (with or without the kids!)

Suggestions:

- The main suggestion I have (if anyone at the Dominicus Palace is reading this) is to seriously reconsider the pool closing times. I mean, really, a 6pm closing time for the pools is JUST INSANE! I mean, there's still PLENTY of daylight and they're closing the pools at 6pm! I know it has something to do with the fact that the lifeguards stop working at that time, but come on! You guys need to either hire more lifeguards or pay over-time or SOMETHING because the last thing you want to hear when you're on vacation and your kids are having a blast swimming is that the pool is closed at 6pm!!! Especially considering how hot it is...At least extend it until sunset (but I would highly recommend allowing SOME night-time swimming as well if you really want to score some customer satisfaction points!)

- I think it would be a good idea to have a team dedicated to groups staying at the resort to make the overall experience even better when a family is vacationing together...I found that although Yeraldine tried hard to accommodate for our reservations at the a la carte restaurants, for example, it was hard to get reservations in for such a large group (in fact, we only got one reservation in for all of us at the same time at the a la cartes) ...Also, whenever we did get together at the buffet restaurants, the waiters were quite resistant to us putting the tables together so we could all sit together...We ended up doing it anyways, but I had to discuss it with them each and every time and insist on it and ask to speak with the supervisor and only then did they say it was okay to put the tables together...I think this is where my Spanish-speaking was especially useful because anyone else would have just had to accept it and sit apart from their friends and family (I don't understand the problem with putting tables together since the tables were rectangular shaped and it was just a question of moving the tables together and then separating them when we were done). I think if they had a team that catered to larger groups and trained the staff to be especially attentive to large groups, there could be a lot of things that could be done to make a family reunion, for instance, all that much better!

- Although we only went to the Viva Cafe restaurant and La Roca restaurant, I have to say that the quality of the food at those restaurants could use some improvement - it's not to say that the food was bad but it was NOTHING like the food we got at the Atlantis restaurant (where's there's an additional fee per person to eat there). I would say that the food at the a la cartes were on par with the food at the buffet restaurants, which we enjoyed, but there's still the expectation that the food at the a la cartes will surpass that of the food at the buffet restaurants.

- The house wine DESPERATELY needs improvement! I may be a bit of a wine snob, though, coming from one of the best producing wine countries (Chile) but my goodness, was I ever glad I brought some of my own wine from home because the house wine was awful! The restaurants, however, do offer a wine menu where you can order a bottle and charge it to your room - the prices for these bottles of wine were reasonable and they had a good selection of Chilean wines :-)

- I think something has to be done about the pricing strategy for additional services at the resorts (like the souvenir shops, photography and videography services, etc.)...I understand that resort prices will always be higher than what you would find outside the resort, but I think the service providers and shops there took it to another level. It was a bit offensive, actually (I found that I needed to buy some sandals at the souvenir shop and was horrified at the prices - and forget about essentials like tampons, over the counter medicine, condoms - PEOPLE, make sure you bring all of the stuff from home unless you want to pay over $20 for a small box of tampons! - OR even worse, charging $10 per photo at the Photo Shop! That to me was ridiculous because even $5 per photo would be a bit much but at least understandable! I mean, please, $10 for a digital photo on a CD Rom, what could possibly be the reasoning behind that?! Plus, the photography store there has exclusivity so I couldn't even hire my own photographer from in town to shoot my wedding! It was either settle for no photographer or pay a ridiculously high price for digital photos they give to you on a CD or print and forget about it if you want both print and a CD!...I really think the resort should have more of a say in the prices that are being charged by this particular provider because it is frankly a rip-off and it may effect the impression a guest has of the resort even though it's another company offering the products and services.)

- I think it would be a good idea for the resort to consider having a teen club - like a mini disco for them...Don't get me wrong, the teenager that traveled with us had a blast, but he didn't really make any friends there because there was no place where kids his age gathered together for fun activities and such...It's definitely something I would implement if I were in charge :-)

- If possible, I would consider moving the gym to a more open space that has windows either looking out into the beautiful lush gardens, or better yet, the ocean! I think more people would use the gym facilities if it weren't in a windowless room. Plus, the gym REALLY needs a couple of elliptical trainers :-) I used it once and then opted for the dancing and aerobics classes offered throughout the day by the main pool to get some exercise in...

- If I were in charge, I would have a "make change" station at the front desk, where guests can get change for larger bills so that it's easier to tip the staff. This is more for employee morale and retention purposes - I think most guests would tip their chambermaids, wait staff, etc. if they had smaller bills, but it was almost impossible to get change to tip bartenders, etc and show our appreciation for their great service!

- Definitely in this day in age in-room accessibility to wi-fi is a MUST!.Although wi-fi connection was fast and reliable at the main pools and main lobbies, I would pay an additional daily fee for the convenience of internet access in my room.

So, that's about it. I really loved this place and highly recommend it to anyone, young and old, looking for a fun and relaxing vacation!

Room Tip: - Ask for an upgrade to an ocean-view room and they may just give it to you if it's available...
  • Stayed: June 2012, traveled with family
27  Thank Penny O

Reviewed July 7, 2012

I think this hotel was very up to date and clean. i booked this hotel from their website and never had to show my credit card when i checked in. i was put in the 59 building as i had reserved oceanview room. my room was freshly remodeled. ice cold a/c , comfortable beds ,good water pressure and plumbing in a nice sized bathroom. the room had resonable storage for the 7 days we spent there and flat screen t.v. with digital cable and a/v inputs for external gadgets.
When you do hotel booking on viva website you are considered vip and have full access to this huge property. I was able to eat ala carte 5 out of 7 days for dinner . the mexican resturaunt had the best atmosphere hacienda style setting, and the italian was pretty good as well. the buffet was decent at the yuca for a simple breakfast. we had dinner at the buffet 2 nights, the dominican night and the asian night. not too bad. anything pizza dough related was very good too.
the hotel is divided into 2 sections ,but its more like 4. from west to east you have vip courtyard, trapize with beachfront bungalow , beach plaza area, the village area, then the palce area.palace was quieter as the beach area was party central. i prefered the beach side for park like settings and action, and access to the many shops, and the gym. the vip area all the way at the end of the beach side, becomes very quiet and is great for pictures and sunsets. the bungalows in this area seem pretty tranquil with minor people traffic. the trapize is located in this area as well. the village area ,had the best beach and pizza pool area.
the beach was great . shallow with nice fun waves. you would walk out 20 yards the water would be 3 feet deep. the palace had a hot spot for light breaking waves and a weeker section seperated by rope. the beach in the middle in front of the village rooms had 2 of our prefered sections as well. never had an issue getting loungers under the trees.the pools where clean and cool ,but getting loungers could be an issue in the palace side, but easy in the village area. .
now the bad parts, the palace nightly show sucks. all in italians. kid and adult show. the host apologizes and says "thats the way it is !!!" we slept early most nights as " we" are mom dad and a kid.
I found the picture people to be kind of offensive as there were dark skinned employees dressed in leapord print acting like stereo -typical " savages " to take pictures with people.
I also had an issue checkin out. I asked for late check out 3 times and was advisded it will be 25$ until 6 pm. when i went to return the remote and stuff i was asked for 75$ for late check out, then 50$. my wife had a few words with the front desk staff and the problem was resolved very quickly. all the employees here were very polite and professional in every way .
overall everything was great hear. awesome value. good tip if your into playing sports, soccer ,tennis and running seemed good. also bring your own sun / skin supplies from home as its expensive at the resort. 1 big tip ,get to the airport early so you can eat and shop at duty free as prices are very good.( my wifes tip)

Room Tip: choose village oceanview, bungalow ocean view or palace ocean view (58 or 59 building) recently remo...
  • Stayed: July 2012, traveled with family
6  Thank kapitan95
VivaDominicusPalace, Guest Relations Manager at Viva Wyndham Dominicus Palace, responded to this reviewResponded July 27, 2012

Dear Guest:

We appreciate your review regarding your recently stay into our facilities, it is our pleasure and we are more than glad to read all the positive points mentioned that will help future guest to choose our hotel for their vacations.

Regarding the negative points we thank you for pointing them to us in order to better improve the quality of the services for our future guest.

Reviewed July 5, 2012

Stayed for a weekend June 2012.
Arrived Fri evening 7pm after a 2 hour drive, to be told that our reservation was at Dominicus Beach. "No" I said and again showed them my correct reservation voucher (from my travel company) for the Palace. I was told a mistake had been made by my travel company and that I had no reservation and that they were completely full.
I had heard that the Beach hotel was not great, so I was not too keen to change hotels.
So to cut a very long story short, and being a Brit, I argued, hassled, remained glued to reception and eventually 2 HOURS later I was given keys to a room.
The hotel caters for large groups of Italians, so it was obvious that my reservation had been accepted when they were not full, but they then took a group reservation, hence I was to be "shunted" elsewhere.
Anyways, the hotel:
-food is ok, not great just ok.
-drinks are ok. They show premium branded bottles at the bar eg Bombay Gin, but trust me, it is diluted local stuff in those bottles. Red wine drinkable, white wine is suitable for vinegar only.
-most of the staff are pleasant and want to please
-pool area is busy and noisy
-very nice beach area at fron of hotel
-upgraded (US$20 per person) to one of the better restaurants one evening and it was very good. Great food, very attentive staff.
-room was clean and with nice with of garden
-free wifi near reception, but very slow.
-I was there for the Euro 2012 final, which was screened in the Disco at 2.45pm local time. It was full at KO, but at 0-2 most of the Italians left to go back to the beach !!!
In short I won't be revisiting, unless I get offered a free weekend !!

Room Tip: Don't book as an independent traveller.
  • Stayed: June 2012, traveled with friends

Dear Guest:

Thank you very much for apprise us with your comments regarding your stay into our facilities, we thank you for time taken to share your comments which are very important to us in order to improve our services for future guest.

Thank you for choosing us to spend your vacations.

Reviewed June 23, 2012

I just got back yesterday ... Let me start by saying I am not a high maintenance person and this is not a high maintenance resort. It's extremely well priced and you get what you pay for. If you need room service (doesn't exist) drawers in your room (ours didn't have any, so clothes stayed in my bag whole trip) and a snazzy, decorated, new room with amenities (ours had a few chairs, a bed, couch and a divider, the end) go somewhere else.

We are a young, middle class family. We get away from the kids once a year and always go for the most bang for our buck. Although not fancy, this place is beautiful. The beach is beyond gorgeous (has the softest sand, bluest water) the pools are gorgeous, the setting in general also gorgeous. The water is not calm (picture wave hopping the entire time) but its surprisingly enjoyable and I would stay in it for 30 minutes at a time. It was a bit hard for us to get a towel the first few days. We kept getting told to come back in an hour, again and again. We eventually got a pair and just held onto them (we'd put them out to dry every night).

The food is not the best but it's good. We got there after 3 the first day and were told that all reservations for the restaurants ended at 2 (which sucked) so it was general buffet for us. You can definitely find something there. My appetizer at the outside restaurant on the beach (forget the name) was frozen (con) but eating and drinking outside while the sun was setting in the DR (pro). That's how it is here, for every con there is a pro. The Mexican restaurant was my favorite, the Italian restaurant came in at a strong second (gnocchi to die for!) If you want a solid home run every time, eat the pizza at the pizzeria. So damn good!

The entertainment was actually fun. The people hired are amazing. They were great with the little kids all day and you can tell they actually loved their jobs. At night there are shows. It's not American humor but super random and funny ( they kind of throw a male trannie prostitute into everything. Don't ask.lol) They do mainly speak Spanish but I didn't find it a problem (and I only speak a bit of it). They will work with you on the language barrier and all the front desk and guest relations people speak English.

If you can .. bring EVERYTHING with you. I didn't stress on the toiletries thinking the room would come with the basics. Wrong. We had a teeny thing of shampoo and that was it. I went to the shops thinking I would buy them all there no problem and did. I bought a small beach bag, shampoo, conditioner, a teeny thing of toothpaste and body wash for $78. Yes the same Pantene here is apparently worth $20 at the resort. You get my point. Nobody needs $20 dollar Pantene.

There's "The Club" that's opened from 12-2 every night. It was so wrong, it was right. There were maybe 30 people in it at a time and I will say, it was an experience.

Hmmmm what else? Oh yes, I saw something in my room the first night. I am not crazy and have never seen anything like this in my life before but there was a definite solid looking man in the hallway of our room that night. My husband got up to go to the bathroom and woke me. When I looked around the divider I saw my husband approaching what I saw as a dark form of a big man. Then I saw my husband walk right through him. Needless to say, I was freaked and we slept with the light on the rest of the trip. I repeat, I'm not crazy. The oddest thing is, we met two really nice girls and as I was telling them my story they froze. One of them had seen the same thing (man?) in their room also. They were 2 floors directly below us. I'm curious to know if anyone else has had this experience? If you are looking to see something like this, ask for room 5323 or 5123.

Things you should know ... the hotel is about 2hrs from the Santo Domingo airpot and driving in DR is outrageous (pay for roundtrip transfer). You CAN NOT drink the water whatsoever, keep reminding yourself. The Beach hotel is prettier, cooler and the party hotel BUT the Palace is cheaper and you can go back and forth. I went on the Sanoa adventure and LOVED it (def. try to get out of the resort).

So, would I go back to DR? Yes. Would I go back to this particular hotel? No. Did I have a great time? Yes. Was it worth the money spent? Yes. Did I leave happy? Definitely.

Stayed: June 2012, traveled as a couple
4  Thank T K
Management response:Responded July 6, 2012

Dear Guest:

Thank you very much for your nice comments about our property, we are more than glad to know that we meet your satisfaction with our services, facilities and entertainment program.

We look forward to be your selected destination to spend a second vacation in the near future.

Reviewed June 10, 2012

Viva Whyndam is a small chain that has several resorts in the Caribbean. The service is not 5 star, but neither is the price so, you get what you pay for. If you contact the hotel in advance they can get taxi from La Romana airport for $30US each way.

I am not an American and so I am not about complaining about every little detail. You are in the Tropics, there will be bugs! The rooms are not fancy or grand, you have a bed, a bathroom that works, flat screen TV with lots of channels and it's cleaned everyday. The grounds are absolutely gorgeous, there are small lagoons with fish, ducks, turtles, and my 3 year old really enjoyed feeding them. There are also a few peacocks on the compound, as well as four really nice pink flamingos.

Everyone was very friendly and even though they don't all speak english (hello its a spanish speaking country duh) they really try to understand you.

There are all kinds of activities going on all day, I did the stretch and aqua. The nightly shows aren't all G rated so put the kids to bed early! Too much tasty food, lots and lots of booze, plenty of beach, sun and if you walk around to the Viva Whyndam Beach resort; you have you pick of 4 large pretty pools (2 noisy, 2 quiet), 6 jacuzzis (not hot), and lots of places to eat.
We enjoyed the La Roca for lunch, the Viva Cafe for dinner and the buffets for breakfasts.

You can choose to do nothing but relax... or do as much as possible. We thoroughly enjoyed it.

Room Tip: Rooms starting with 55, or 56 will have internet access as they are close to the WiFi hotspots. But...
  • Stayed: June 2012, traveled with family
4  Thank TT_Momma
Reviewed June 8, 2012

we stayed at the Palace for 4 nights during the last week of May. we flew into Santo Domingo and took a pre-arrange ride to the resort, it took more than 2 hours to get there because of few drop offs along the way (but it will take at least 2 hours even without stopping). the check in was a little long, there was only 1 person working behind the counter. the grounds of the resort was nice and clean but the room we got was only average (i don't think it deserve even 3 stars). we were put into room 6328 (2nd fl) and it's a little dated, there were no towels or soap in the bathroom. we had to call house keeping to get the basic things we needed. we also encounter ants infestation near the patio door in our room. we were not moved to another room but they sent house keeping for a special cleaning to get rid of the ants. it was all over the chair by the patio door which was pretty gross. we were very disappointed with that. there are a lot of different kind of birds at the resort but they got really loud at night and we had a very hard time sleeping. also, most of the staff in this resort did not speak English.

the pool at the palace is not very big compared to other resorts we stayed in when in caribbean, but since we went there during a slow week, we didn't have much problem getting chairs. there is a bar next to the pool and some snack food like french fries, hot dogs etc. there are some tables and chair setup by the bar area that is shaded, so it's a pleasent area to sit to have a drink or some snack. a short walk from the pool leads you to the beach area, it's a nice beach and plenty of chairs under palm trees. the beach is not very big but it's pretty and nice. the beach is broken up into different sections and it's connected with the beach and facilities at Viva Beach resort. you may use the facilities or the beach at either resort.

food was disappointing at this resort, we tried 3 specialty restaurant during our stay and the only 1 that's decent was the italian restaurant, Il Palco. i would not bother with the Viva Cafe and La Roca Grill. the restaurant settings were very pretty, right next to the beach but the food at these 2 places were terrible. the food at the main buffet was only ok, not a lot of variety but still better than the 2 specialty restaurant mentioned above. very disappointed with the fruits there. the main buffet at the Beach resort is nicer than the Palace one, it sits right next to the beach. very nice and pretty!

we were there to relax, therefore, we didn't go with any of the tours or activities that they offered. we got a great deal for our trip, so i can't really complaint too much about it! if we ever go back to DR again, i don't think we will pick this resort again.

• Stayed: May 2012, traveled with family
2  Thank jyc823
Reviewed June 8, 2012

FOOD:
-La Terraza food is HORRIBLE. Its the same food every night and has very limited options.The only good thing there is the pizza.
-Atlantis has a nice atmosphere but the food is lacking variety and taste. My shrimp cocktail still had the vein!!! They weren't accommodating when I asked to have a different side other than mashed yuca. Its not worth the extra money.
-La Rocca for dinner had the worst beef I have ever had..I'm not even sure if it was even beef because of the color discoloration and elasticity. There's a serious problem if they can't even cook chicken and beef skewers correctly. I only recommend this place for lunch.
-Viva Mexico has the best food at the resort.

All the restaurants other then La Terraza and La Rocca (lunch) require a reservation made at least a day before which is silly because I noticed that the restaurants that required reservation barely had any people. I mostly ate at the pizzeria because it was convenient and the best food around. Overall the food at this resort is HORRIBLE!!!!!! You would think that a European resort would have really good food but this is not the case at all!!!

ROOMS:
The standard room is bad needs to be updated ASAP. The bathroom ceiling had rust and the tub was discolored. Even the window in the shower had spider webs and dust, obviously has not been cleaned in years. The A/C and toilet have a mind of their own. The toilet flushes on its own and the AC turns on when it wants too. DO NOT FLUSH PAPER IN THE TOILET! I know based on experience that it will flood!

DRINKS:
The drinks are watered down and are served in small cracked plastic blue cups which makes you constantly get up to refill.

BEACH/POOL:
The Beach is BEAUTIFUL!!!!!!!
The infinity pool was nice but I noticed that the pools had mold on the tiles.

ENTERTAINMENT:
The animation team gets a 5! They are really fun and interact with the guests. The shows are exciting to watch and planned well BUT when they announce countries they didn't even mention USA which is ridiculous because 50 percent of the people there were from U.S.
Best entertainment team I've seen compared to other resorts in D.R.
The party by the pool is fun and they even have an after party at La Locura. If you want a fun place to party this is it!!!! The animation team even goes to the club and dances with guests.

I noticed that the staff caters to europeans A LOT! They go out of their way for them.

EXCURSIONS:
The olympic tour excursion that included zip lining,horse back riding, ATV, go kart, and lobster was a pretty good deal except the lobster was not too big.

NEED TO IMPROVE FOOD AND ROOMS ASAP!!!

Room Tip: Get a room close to the Beach resort and make sure its close to the reception because that's wh...
  • Stayed: May 2012, traveled with friends
3  Thank OhsoElla25
Also consider these accommodations in or near Bayahibe
Catalonia Royal La Romana
Hotel Villa Iguana
#4 of 16 in Bayahibe
Viva Wyndham Dominicus Beach
Iberostar Hacienda Dominicus

Been to Viva Wyndham Dominicus Palace? Share your experiences!