The hotel is definitely not a luxury hotel. The rooms are older and the bathrooms are in need of repair but I was rarely in the room as there was so much to enjoy. The buffet is not good either but the food at the restaurants and snack bars is a lot better. The beach is beautiful with plenty of chairs and shade. I loved the pool which was pretty large and with different levels. The entertainers do a great job and even their night shows were enjoyable. I loved the atmosphere by the pool bar at night. It was conducive to great conversation and a fun time dancing. There is plenty for the kids to do. The staff is so nice and attentive, they catered to our every need. The resort is small which in my opinion helps you feel more comfortable and allows for people to get to know each other and have a more intimate experience. I had a wonderful time and would recommend it to any of my friends and family.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Catalonia Gran Dominicus is an all-inclusive resort located on the south-east coast of the Dominican Republic and overlooks the white sandy beach of Bayahibe; 25 km. from the famous Caribbean art centre Altos de Chavon and 4.5 km. from the tiny fishing of Bayahibe, close to the Natural Park of the East, home of the biggest remains from the Island's first inhabitants, the Taino Indians; only 30 minutes by boat from Saona and Catalina both wonderful virgin islands. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Booking.com, BookIt.com, Travelocity, Hotwire, TravelUp, Cancelon, getaroom.com and TripOnline SA so you can book your Catalonia Gran Dominicus reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Catalonia Gran Dominicus Hotel Bayahibe
- Catalonia Gran Dominicus La Romana
- Gran Dominicus
- Catalonia Gran Dominicus Dominican Republic/Bayahibe