My husband and I were staying at Gran Dominicus in October 2011. We had really great time, the surroundings are amazing. The choice and quality of food is of the highest standard as well as the choice of drinks (we loved Cuba Libre and Mojito). The service is great. Everything in and around the hotel is very well mantained and clean. We spent most of our stay on the beach which is quite wide and really nice, but we also enjoyed the swimming pool very much. We also bought two additional trips from the hotel rep. We went to Saona Island and to Santo Domingo. The excursions were well organised and there was absolutely nothing to complain about. ;) And finally - the animation team - they are really awesome, thanks to them we enjoyed our holidays even better. All in all, it's a great place for holiday and we hope to come back there sooner or later.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Catalonia Gran Dominicus is an all-inclusive resort located on the south-east coast of the Dominican Republic and overlooks the white sandy beach of Bayahibe; 25 km. from the famous Caribbean art centre Altos de Chavon and 4.5 km. from the tiny fishing of Bayahibe, close to the Natural Park of the East, home of the biggest remains from the Island's first inhabitants, the Taino Indians; only 30 minutes by boat from Saona and Catalina both wonderful virgin islands. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Despegar.com, BookIt.com, Travelocity and Jetsetter so you can book your Catalonia Gran Dominicus reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Catalonia Gran Dominicus Hotel Bayahibe
- Catalonia Gran Dominicus La Romana
- Gran Dominicus
- Catalonia Gran Dominicus Dominican Republic/Bayahibe