Really enjoyed the stay. traveled for two weeks with 18 months little boy in April 2010. The weather was nice and warm. The resort is friendly with nice animation. Rooms are really nice. The food is excellent with a lot of variety and fresh juices. The beach is beautiful. Guests are from all over. The pool is very nice with an area for children.
We had an excellent time and will return. My boy really enjoyed it and the kid's club is real fun.
As a single mother with little boy I had easy life. All is easily accessible and everybody kind and helpful. Babysitting provided through the resort.
It was nice to have shops selling many beach toys at a good price.
Sunbeds can be hard to find and all reserved by the sea.But it was not a great issue for us.
Expensive beautiful pictures from the photographers of the hotel turning around. I would definetely recommend it.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Catalonia Gran Dominicus is an all-inclusive resort located on the south-east coast of the Dominican Republic and overlooks the white sandy beach of Bayahibe; 25 km. from the famous Caribbean art centre Altos de Chavon and 4.5 km. from the tiny fishing of Bayahibe, close to the Natural Park of the East, home of the biggest remains from the Island's first inhabitants, the Taino Indians; only 30 minutes by boat from Saona and Catalina both wonderful virgin islands. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Despegar.com, Travelocity, BookIt.com and Jetsetter so you can book your Catalonia Gran Dominicus reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Catalonia Gran Dominicus Hotel Bayahibe
- Catalonia Gran Dominicus La Romana
- Gran Dominicus
- Catalonia Gran Dominicus Dominican Republic/Bayahibe