“i shall return”

GreenLeadersPlatinum level
Cleveland, Ohio
“i shall return”
Reviewed December 4, 2013

i just finished the best vacation of my life. me, my wife, and our daughter, we travel somewhere special every year. nothing has been as special as this. the hotel has a palace type design in the lobby and the grounds. a beautiful park like setting. unbelievable service from everyone on the staff, no matter what there position was for the hotel. we have been to many exotic places, and many cruises. nothing matches the experience we shared. you will not be bored. dissappointed or want for nothing. you should definitely go snorkeling on the reef right on the hotel beach. free snorkeling equipment at the dive center for one hour everyday. enjoy, and we will see you next year.

Room Tip: building 7 is across from the pool, close to spa, and beach.
  • Stayed November 2013, traveled with family
2 Thank mcbiii
IberostarHotelsRD, Quality Manager Iberostar República Dominicana at Iberostar Hacienda Dominicus, responded to this review, December 5, 2013
Dear guests,
Thank you very much for having chosen Iberostar Hacienda Dominicus for your family holidays and for posting a review about your experience among us.
On behalf of the hotel Manager, Mr. Amando Pozo, we would like to express you how happy we are to read your motivating lines about our varied gastronomy, the beauty of our hotel premises, our wide entertainment options and the beauty of our premises including Dominicus Beach. Those aspects are part of our guiding principles in Iberostar to ensure memorable stays to our beloved guests.
We are looking forward to welcome you back and remain at your disposition for any request you may have prior your return.
Best regards,

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (501)
  • Czech first
  • Polish first
  • Serbian first
  • Slovak first
New York City, New York
Reviewed December 2, 2013

i was there from 11/27 till 12/1. Had an amazing time. the staff went out of their way to make sure i enjoyed my stay. The beach is clean and free of people annoying you trying to push their products.

2 Thank thearsenalhenry
IberostarHotelsRD, Quality Manager Iberostar República Dominicana at Iberostar Hacienda Dominicus, responded to this review, December 3, 2013
Dear guest,
We thank you for having chosen Iberostar Hacienda Dominicus for thanksgiving holiday and for taking the time to post a review about your stay among us.
In the name of Hotel Manager, Mr. Amando Pozo and his team, we would like to express how glad we are to acknowledge your positive lines referring the beauty of our hotel grounds and the Dominicus beach. In Iberostar we are on the best beaches around the world.
We are already looking to welcome you back again; please feel free to contact us to assist you before your next visit.
With regards,
Brookville, Pennsylvania
Reviewed December 1, 2013

I traveled with my son (22), my dad (73), and my sister (45)...everyone loved it. This was my third time to DR. First time at this resort. My two previous times I stayed at Dreams Punta Cana. Rooms were clean and very modern, grounds were absolutely beautiful (probably the nicest I have ever seen), food was ok but we found the buffet at Dreams to be more of variety and selection, beach was GORGEOUS, water was beautiful and no rocks, staff was happy and wanted to please. Snorkeling is great.

The only con I can think of is that you have to make reservations for the restaurants and are limited to three. I don't want to wait in line on vacation to make reservations and I prefer to be more spontaneous as well. Food at the Japanese restaurant was amazing.

I would suggest flying into Punta Cana or LaRomana airports. Apple Vacations flew us into Santo Domingo (not sure why). It is very long drive about two hours to the resort. Puna Cana is only about an hour away.

• Stayed January 2013, traveled with family
3 Thank Kim L
Dear Guest,
In the name of Mr. Amando Pozo, Hotel Manager, we thank you for choosing Iberostar Hacienda Dominicus for your family holidays and for posting a review on Tripadvisor about your experience.
We are very pleased to read that our friendly staff and their excellent service made you and your entire family group to “enjoy being a Star” as we aim in Iberostar Hotels and Resorts.
We are looking forward to welcome you back again, please contact us before arrival to help you to enjoy your next vacations with us,
Kindest regards,
Long Beach, New York
Reviewed November 30, 2013

First trip to The Dominican Republic and I choose LaRomana because it was on the Caribbean side of the island. It was a great choice. Just arrived home tonite after a weeks stay at iberostar. I will break my review into pros and cons.
Pros - the grounds of the hotel are beautiful and great pride is taken Into maintaining the beautiful gardens, beach, ponds and every inch of this resort. The staff are amazing and always have a smile on their faces and a warm greeting every time you pass them, this is from the gardeners, housekeeping , waitstaff and entertainment. Beach is very nice, I didn't find any problems with rocks as others have posted. Food was excellent. I preferred the buffets to the restaurants. You won't go hungry or thirsty. Well stocked refrigerator in the rooms and food 24/7. Activities are what you want to make of it. State of the art gym, spa, and there are games throughout the day, volleyball, soccer, etc. the staff makes great efforts to get everyone involved which is nice. The nightly shows are a little cheesy, but I didn't go on vacation for the nightly entertainment. The staff are very accommodating to your needs.
Cons. Be patient when checking in. I would recommend that they staff the front desk with more people on Saturday and Sundays, the times when people are checking in. This was a little annoying, especially when you traveled 8 hours to get here. The other big issue I had was the beach chairs. Yes, I did go during a holiday week and I would expect it to be busy, but finding beach lounges after 7:30 am is impossible. The hotel has policy of no reserving chairs but they don't enforce. People go down at 6am and put their towels on chairs and don't come back until 10 or later. This was a big turnoff for me. I went for a beach vacation and found it difficult to find two chairs after 8am I probably wouldn't travel during a holiday week knowing this is an issue that the I hotel doesn't do anything about it. I even witnessed two guests fighting over some beach chairs.

Overall I would recommend and would go back but not during a holiday week. Remember to tip!! Just because it is all inclusive doesn't mean you shouldn't tip. The staff work 16 hours a day so set aside an extra 100 dollars for tips, they deserve it. We had the same waitress everyday and gave her 5 dollars a day, some days I gave her 10. She knew what we drank by our second visit at the buffet and our names by the third visit.

If you can fly to la romana airport that should be your first choice. Punta Cana airport which is an hour away would be second choice. I flew into santo Domingo an fits a two hour trip to hotel.

Room Tip: I stayed in building 7. It is centrally located, near the pool. Would recommend this section.
  • Stayed November 2013, traveled with family
2 Thank LBSurfGirl
IberostarHotelsRD, Quality Manager Iberostar República Dominicana at Iberostar Hacienda Dominicus, responded to this review, December 1, 2013
Dear guests,
We thank you for your time to write a review about your experience at Iberostar Hacienda Dominicus and for choosing our hotel for your first holidays in the Dominican Republic.
We are very pleased to know that you had enjoyed from an unforgettable experience at our beautiful premises thanks to the friendliness and excellent service provided by our staff members and our varied gastronomy. In Iberostar we aim to ensure our beloved guests to “enjoy being a Star”. Likewise, we have taken good notes from your feedback regarding the Front Desk service on the weekend and have shared it with our Management team.
We are looking forward to welcoming you again; please do not hesitate to contact us before your arrival.
With kindest regards,
La Paz, Bolivia
Reviewed November 26, 2013

If you are looking for an intimate setting for your vacation, this is definitely not the place for you. This has the feel of a timeshare resort, where it's at least a 10-15 min walk from the reception to the beach. That being said, it is a great all-inclusive resort if you are looking for this type of experience. Several restaurants open for dinner (Mexican, Japanese, Italian, Steakhouse) where you have to make reservations in the morning if you want to dine at these places. The buffet that is open during the day is good (not great), but the breakfast buffet is really great, with a good variety. (I recommend the Mexican restaurant).
The pool area is huge, and we always found chairs to lounge in, as opposed to the beach chairs. The beach was always very crowded, but that didn't bother us. Tons of families and kids (we had our one year old with us).
The check-in process was SUPER slow, so that was a disappointment. Service is good (not great), and overall I would recommend this place.

Room Tip: Rooms on building 4 are the closest to the beach (and super close to the pool too), but bear in mind...
Stayed November 2013, traveled with family
1 Thank P T
IberostarHotelsRD, Quality Manager Iberostar República Dominicana at Iberostar Hacienda Dominicus, responded to this review, November 27, 2013
Dear guest,
On behalf of the hotel Manager, Mr. Amando Pozo, we thank you for choosing Iberostar Hacienda Dominicus for your holidays and for posting a review about your experience at our hotel.
Your intention to come back and to recommend our hotel as your publication lets know shows us that you enjoyed your holidays among us as we aim in Iberostar.
We will be glad to welcome you once again and remain at your disposition for any request you might have prior your return.
New Jersey
Reviewed November 25, 2013

My husband and I traveled to the Dominican Republic in the beginning of November and thoroughly enjoyed our stay. The grounds of the resort are beautiful-loved all the birds roaming around. The gardens are spectacular and well maintained. Everything was clean and spotless. The service was wonderful. All the employees were friendly and tried very hard to accommodate any issue. The food was good and plentiful. Chairs were always available at either the beach or the pool. My only suggestion for improvement is the choices of alcohol. We did not like the one beer served throughout the resort and did not care for the rum. Other than that, I would recommend this resort to anyone!

2 Thank Heather D
IberostarHotelsRD, Quality Manager Iberostar República Dominicana at Iberostar Hacienda Dominicus, responded to this review, November 26, 2013
Dear guest,
In the name of Mr. Amando Pozo, we thank you for choosing our hotel for your holidays and for taking the time to post a review about your stay at the Iberostar Hacienda Dominicus.
We would like to express how pleased we are to acknowledge that our services and facilities, our varied gastronomy and the service provided by our staff ensured you a pleasant stay as we aim in Iberostar. Likewise, we welcome you suggestions regarding our bar which has been shared with our Food and Beverage Manager.
We are looking forward to welcome you back and remain at your disposition for further assistance.
Hamilton, Canada
Reviewed November 25, 2013

We travel Caribbean region many times and this was our 4 trip to La Romana. We stayed at this resort Nov 01-08 2013.Overall resort is very good .Excellent service,good food . Beach is spacious and enough room for everybody at anytime.You can go for long walk along the beach if you wish.It is plenty of room for swimming . We did snorkeled
On a left side of the swimming area (seen alot od different fishes)
We live in Building 2 on the second floor,room was nice and clean. Housekeeping was excellent..Did not go to any a-la cart restaurant, buffet was realy good with plenty of choices.
I'd go back there.

2 Thank evgienira
Dear guest,
First at all, we would like to thank you for taking time to post a review about your experience at Iberostar Hacienda Dominicus and for choosing our hotel for your vacation.
In the name of the Hotel Manager, Mr. Amando Pozo, we would like to express you our satisfaction to read that our hotel premises, varied gastronomy and excellent service are the reason why you are planning to come back. In Iberostar we want our valuable costumers to live unforgettable experiences.
We are looking forward to welcome you back again. Please feel free to contact us before your aarival.
With kindest regards,
Also consider these accommodations in or near Bayahibe
Casa de Campo Resort & Villas
Dreams La Romana Resort & Spa
Dreams Dominicus La Romana
Catalonia Gran Dominicus
The Reserve at Paradisus Punta Cana
Iberostar Bavaro Suites

Been to Iberostar Hacienda Dominicus? Share your experiences!