First trip to The Dominican Republic and I choose LaRomana because it was on the Caribbean side of the island. It was a great choice. Just arrived home tonite after a weeks stay at iberostar. I will break my review into pros and cons.
Pros - the grounds of the hotel are beautiful and great pride is taken Into maintaining the beautiful gardens, beach, ponds and every inch of this resort. The staff are amazing and always have a smile on their faces and a warm greeting every time you pass them, this is from the gardeners, housekeeping , waitstaff and entertainment. Beach is very nice, I didn't find any problems with rocks as others have posted. Food was excellent. I preferred the buffets to the restaurants. You won't go hungry or thirsty. Well stocked refrigerator in the rooms and food 24/7. Activities are what you want to make of it. State of the art gym, spa, and there are games throughout the day, volleyball, soccer, etc. the staff makes great efforts to get everyone involved which is nice. The nightly shows are a little cheesy, but I didn't go on vacation for the nightly entertainment. The staff are very accommodating to your needs.
Cons. Be patient when checking in. I would recommend that they staff the front desk with more people on Saturday and Sundays, the times when people are checking in. This was a little annoying, especially when you traveled 8 hours to get here. The other big issue I had was the beach chairs. Yes, I did go during a holiday week and I would expect it to be busy, but finding beach lounges after 7:30 am is impossible. The hotel has policy of no reserving chairs but they don't enforce. People go down at 6am and put their towels on chairs and don't come back until 10 or later. This was a big turnoff for me. I went for a beach vacation and found it difficult to find two chairs after 8am I probably wouldn't travel during a holiday week knowing this is an issue that the I hotel doesn't do anything about it. I even witnessed two guests fighting over some beach chairs.
Overall I would recommend and would go back but not during a holiday week. Remember to tip!! Just because it is all inclusive doesn't mean you shouldn't tip. The staff work 16 hours a day so set aside an extra 100 dollars for tips, they deserve it. We had the same waitress everyday and gave her 5 dollars a day, some days I gave her 10. She knew what we drank by our second visit at the buffet and our names by the third visit.
If you can fly to la romana airport that should be your first choice. Punta Cana airport which is an hour away would be second choice. I flew into santo Domingo an fits a two hour trip to hotel.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- The IBEROSTAR Hacienda Dominicus Hotel offers 5-star All Inclusive accommodations in Bayahibe, a picturesque village on the Dominican Republic's southeast coast. This is the perfect beachfront locale for indulging in a comfortable, luxurious Caribbean vacation. Designed with both couples and families with children in mind, our top hotel's entertainment program includes activities for young and older alike as well as a modern spa for serene relaxation and high quality dining options. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Orbitz, Expedia, VISIT US, INC. , Booking.com, Hotels.com, Travelocity, TravelUp, Priceline, getaroom.com, HotelPower, Hotwire, Cancelon, Evoline ltd and HotelQuickly so you can book your Iberostar Hacienda Dominicus reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Iberostar Hacienda Dominicus Hotel Bayahibe
- Iberostar Hotel Bayahibe
- Iberostar Hotel Hacienda Dominicus
- Iberostar La Romana
- Iberostar Hacienda Dominicus Dominican Republic/Bayahibe