Iberostar Hacienda Dominicus
$381
$298
Bookit.com
  • Breakfast included
Be Live Collection Canoa(Bayahibe)
$343
$271
Be Live Hotels
$337
Catalonia Gran Dominicus(Bayahibe)
$314
$259
  • Breakfast included
Hotel Villa Iguana(Bayahibe)(Great Value!)
$55
Hotels.com
$239
TripAdvisor
  • Breakfast included
Catalonia Royal La Romana(Bayahibe)
No availability for your dates from our partners
9,484 results
All reviewsstar friendslighthouse bardressel diversla geishacolonial restaurantlobby barla romanadominican republicmissing tileslight housespecialty restaurantslobstermain buffetpaellagourmet restauranttenderloinfront row
FilterAll languages
Reviewed May 28, 2013

This was our second to Hacienda and we felt so welcome. First, the check-in was really smooth, with refershing drinks. Our luggage was delivered to our room swiftly and even though we came after the official lunch time, there was plenty of food in the buffet by the beach, not just junk food, but a mini-version of the main buffet with many healthy choices. Also, we had received an invitation to a special dinner for the returning guests where we met the hotel staff, starting with the manager, Mr. Armando Pozo and his great team who keep the place running very well. The dinner was fabulous-fillet mignon and lobster tails, wow!!! We had two rooms this time in the Bldg 7, which is very close to the beach and the pool, again, our rooms were facing the gardens which was nice-close to the beach and pool, but quiet, but because I heard that the rooms in the same bldg facing the pool had way too much noise which might not be great for families with little kids who take naps during the day as there was a lot of activities going on in the pool during that time. The food was even better this time than the last, and what I really liked is that there were tons of options to eat healthy-various fresh veggies to make salads, grilled chicken and fish, other already-made seafood and veggie salads, and of course, the fabulous fresh-cut fruits! For dinners, we went to El Colonial, Geisha and Mexican, all were good with great service. The service everywhere was absolutely fantastic and some crew members recognized us from the last visit-Yan at the El Faro beach bar, Lady Gaga, and Hector from the main buffet were familiar faces, so hugs and kisses were exchanged.
The sole mild disappointment was the deterioration of the beach from the last time-there were quite a few huge rocks in the water and we stubbed our feet on them several times. Overall, the sea bottom is not as clean as it was in the Dreams La Romana resort, and while I understand that it's quite a job to bring in sand to cover the small rocks, it would be great if all the big rocks were removed. I would still, however, choose Iberostar over Dreams (see my Dreams review to understand why).
We have enjoyed ourselves here and hope to return in the fall!

• Stayed: May 2013, traveled with family
2  Thank babysladkaya
IberostarHotelsRD, Quality Manager Iberostar República Dominicana at Iberostar Hacienda Dominicus, responded to this reviewResponded June 3, 2013

Dear guest,
In the name of the Hotel Manager, Mr. Amando Pozo, we thank you for writing a review about your second stay at the Iberostar Hacienda Dominicus and for choosing our hotel once again for your holidays.
We want to express you how satisfied we are to read that you enjoyed another memorable experience during your visit to our premises and facilities from the first moment you came into our lobby. In Iberostar we aim to ensure to “enjoy being a Star”; we have congratulated Yan, Lady Gaga and Hector for making you feel as one.
We look forward to welcoming you once again and feel free to contact us to help you enjoy your next stay with us.
Yours Sincerely,

Reviewed May 27, 2013

We just returned from a 7 night stay at the Iberostar Hacienda Dominicus. We felt we owed the resort the time to leave a review so others may be influenced to stay at this resort. This was our first all inclusive vacation but we went with a group of 11 and some of them have stayed on other resorts but had nothing good to say about this one. We were a little nervous about getting there because we decided on this resort in less than 15 minutes of reading reviews here. But we were not at all dissapointed!!

Once I got there I soon realized that the pictures online had not done this place justice. This resort is very beautiful. It is well maintained and the people are very welcoming and friendly. When we arrived there was no room available with all the the things we wanted but the front desk guy worked his magic and after a little while he had fulfilled our wishes.
We found the rooms were very clean and each day the maids had some kind of towel art and flowers left. We did have trouble with our air conditioning in our room but it was seen to right away! We requested a pool view room and we think we must have had the best room in the resort! They put us in #3 building on the top floor and it was a corner room which gave us the double balcony and it gave you a view of all the pool area...it was beautiful!

The food was good. We recomend the lobster at the gourmet restraunt. We didn't take advantage of all our al la cartes, we found it wasted a couple of hours of our evening and by going to the buffet it saved us time that we could be doing something else. There was always something at the buffet that we liked equally as much as at the restraunts. We did do the steak house and the food was good there as well.

The pool and beach area were very clean. We never had any problem with gettingchairs. Although we were hoping to book at an adult resort...this was a family resort...the way everything was laid out, like the pool...there was lots of space that if you didn't want to be around children you didn't have to.

There was lots of entertainment. Each night there was a different show, which were amazing! There were lots of daytime entertainment as well if you wanted to take part. Lady Ga Ga is always on site to give you lots of laughs!! They have a disco on the resort. For anyone who likes to take night walks...the grounds here give you all you need...its well lit and has lots of security. The grounds are beautiful in the night. We liked to hang out in the lobby for a while in the evening...they had someone playing piano there for entertainment, which was lovely.

There are tons of excursions you can do in this area as well...I highly reccomend the Saona Island Excursion...we did the more expensive one...not sure what its called but there are several stops before you get to the island. We took a speed boat and the first stop was to snorkel if you wanted. Then they took us to a live pool in the ocean, which was amazing. Then it was of to a coral reef, which also was amazing, they had fresh pineapples filled with homemade pineapple juice. Yum... We were also dropped of to the last remaining virgin island in the Dominican Republic. There we were treated to coconuts with coconut juice and rum! Then it was of to Saona Island where we spent a little time, treated with a great meal and more drinks! We took the catamaran back to our resort! We did 3 other excursions and this was the most satisfying for me. My boyfriend did the deep sea fishing which he loved. We also swam with the dolphins and zip lines. I reccomend if you decide to zip...do the morning one as it is very HOT!!!

I would highly reccomend this resort to anyone...The people there are very friendly and they all go out of their way to make you feel welcomed. Alot of them remembered us. Maybe it was because we had them moving tables around everywhere we went to seat all 11 of us together but they didn't mind. When they would see us they would welcome us as the big Canadian Family!! We tried to leave tips and gifts whenever we could and it was greatly appreciated. Some people say if you tip you get better service...I didn't find this resort like this...you get great service if you tip or not!

We went to celebrate with my best friends 25th wedding vow renewal and hats of to everyone who helped make their day so special. It was such a great day and well planned event.

All in all I have nothing bad to say about our stay at this wonderful resort and I would for sure return!! Thank you to all the Iberostar Hacienda staff for giving us a wonderful vacation!

Room Tip: Keep your door shut as much as possible to keep your room cool! I liked the top floor corner room #3205...we didnt have beach view but had an awsome view of the pool. We didn't find it noisy, the bird in the tree outside our room made more noise than the people at the pool...lol
  • Stayed: May 2013, traveled as a couple
1  Thank Jackie K
IberostarHotelsRD, Quality Manager Iberostar República Dominicana at Iberostar Hacienda Dominicus, responded to this reviewResponded June 2, 2013

Dear Guest,
In the name of the Hotel Manager Mr. Amando Pozo, we would like to thank you for taking time to post some comments about your experience at our hotel and for choosing Iberostar Hacienda Dominicus for your vacation.
We would like to express how satisfied we are to acknowledge that your positive expectations about the beauty of our hotel, the variety of our gastronomy, the friendliness of our staff and the amount of activities proposed by our Star Friends were met and ensured you a pleasant first all-inclusive holiday as we aim in Iberostar Hotels and Resorts.
We kindly invite you to contact us before your next visit, we will be glad to welcome you back.
With best regards,

Reviewed May 22, 2013

Overall we had a really lovely time at Iberostar Hacienda Dominicus. This was my second time staying at an Iberostar, and I would recommend them as the best bang for your all-inclusive buck.

The grounds: were stunning and impeccably maintained! Beautiful gardens and wildlife, super clean, and a real attention to detail that I think most other hotels miss the mark on.

The resort: I really appreciate the size of the hotel. Big enough to provide variety for a week, but not so big that you felt lost or crowded. Our room was spacious, though a little outdated compared to the other Iberostar I stayed at in Montego Bay. However, every room has a patio or balcony that overlooks their lovely grounds. There are 4 restaurants to choose from, three buffets, two pool bars, two beach bars, a lobby bar (best drinks served here!), and a disco. Our room was in building 7, which was closest to the beach and pool. Try to get a room in 7 or even better, building 4 if you want any hope of an ocean view. Security was present at every building and on the beach at night, which was great, but felt necessary because the fences around the resort looked easily to penetrate. There was no real lock on our patio door so we made a habit of pushing a chair against it so that we could sleep at night. Do NOT drink the water!!! Sprinklers in the morning sprayed water that smelled like feces!

The food and drinks: decent. Steaks are good, Geisha was the favorite restaurant. Get the lobster at the Colonial, skip the Mexican. Do the paella fiesta because it's fun. Drinks were watered down, but you can always ask for extra strong or stick with the Presidente or wine. The beach and pool bars couldn't get the frozen drinks to freeze either due to heat or volume...use that blender! We did get upset stomachs on day 3 despite avoiding tap water at all costs. Stay away from veggies washed in water and away from chicken, which was raw in the middle.

The staff: all the staff were lovely, with the exception of some front desk staff. The woman who checked us in was frigid, and others were rude, seemingly because we were Americans..at one point I watched one staff member speak to a German guest in English, and the next minute he was telling us he didn't speak English so he couldn't help us. This refusal to speak English was prevalent, including some menus and hotel information that omitted English translations entirely unless you pushed them to provide it. By the end of the trip, when some of my Spanish was getting better, one of the front desk staff asked me how I could live in NYC and not speak Spanish when there are so many Dominicans that live there, so there seemed to be a defensiveness about this that was particularly strange given that all their prices were in USD. That being said, the entertainment staff were amazing... Super fun, really welcoming, and spoke at least 4 languages, which was really impressive. Also, the housekeeping staff was excellent. We tipped them well every day and not only did I feel our belongings were safe, but we would be excited to see what beautiful room designs they left us every day. They also were great about restocking towels and the mini-fridge.

Overall, I really love this chain of resorts and trust that whenever I'm looking for a really relaxing and fun beach getaway, Iberostar is the way to go. I feel like Iberostar is what made this trip and the Domincan was what provided the down sides, so I don't think I'll be returning to the DR anytime soon, but I do think I'll return to Iberostars elsewhere.

Room Tip: Building 4 and 7, and be ready to ask for it en espanol!
  • Stayed: May 2013, traveled as a couple
1  Thank AGHnyc
IberostarHotelsRD, Quality Manager Iberostar República Dominicana at Iberostar Hacienda Dominicus, responded to this reviewResponded May 23, 2013

Dear Guest,
On behalf of Mr. Amando Pozo, Hotel Manager, we would like to thank for writing a comment on Tripadvisor about your experience at Iberostar Hacienda Dominicus and for your loyalty towards Iberostar as your hotel chain destination.
We are satisfied to read that your generally positive valuation about our hotel premises, gastronomy and services. In Iberostar it is our goal to ensure memorable experiences to our valuable costumers. We welcome your feedback about our gastronomy and it has been delivered to our Executive Chef and our Food and Beverage Manager.
On the other hand, we would like to point out that we always listen to the voice of our beloved guests. We extend our apologies for any misunderstanding related to the service provided by our friendly staff in the Reception. In fact, our Front Desk and Guest Service Teams are well trained to speak several languages to help our valuable and largely international customers in their needs. In Iberostar we want our guests to “enjoy being a Star” without any discrimination. We regret that you left our premises with an opposite idea in mind.
We are sure that our teams in any of our more than one hundred hotels worldwide will be pleased to welcome you and we remain at your disposition for any further assistance.
Kindest regards,

Reviewed May 19, 2013

My husband and I went for our anniversary. The resort was beautiful, the staff was great all very nice. The only thing that I could say is that if you don't tip the bartenders some times they act like they don't see you. So a dollar here and there helped with that situation. Food was good (lunch &dinner) breakfast could have been better but we always found something... We had a great time! A combination of a fun and relaxing vacation. Oh and I wanted to mention our housekeeping lady Esmeralda did a great job always left little towel decorations and our room was cleaned early every day. Overall amazing stay & will definitely go back and maybe next time will take my kids! :)

Room Tip: We were in building 3 close to beach and pool. I recommend building 3,4 or 7 for a good location.
  • Stayed: April 2013, traveled as a couple
1  Thank NYDRGIRL
IberostarHotelsRD, Quality Manager Iberostar República Dominicana at Iberostar Hacienda Dominicus, responded to this reviewResponded May 20, 2013

Dear guest,
Thank you for having chosen Iberostar Hacienda Dominicus as your holiday’s destination and also for taking the time to post a review on Tripadvisor.
In the name of Hotel Manager, Mr. Amando Pozo, and his team, we would like to express how satisfied we are to read that you had a memorable holiday at our hotel premises and facilities. In Iberostar we are committed to offer a wide gastronomical options and the best service to our valuable costumers. We appreciate your positive valuation of those aspects. Likewise, we have communicated your feedback to our Executive Chef and the Food and Beverage Manager to evaluate our performance in the bar service and our breakfast.
We are looking forward to welcome you back; please feel free to contact us before your next visit.
Best regards,

Reviewed May 16, 2013

Fabulous resort on the south side of Republica Dominicana, close to Bayahibe, go there if you want to see true Caribbean :) Now, after completion of the highway from Punta Cana to the south it takes only 45 min from the airtport. The hotel is beautiful, clean and quiet with perfect animation team (ask for Lady Gaga <3 ). We stayed in block 7 which was close to the beach with a view on pools. The room was nice and big, with terrace, huge bed, clean bathroom, coffeemaker, AC. The cleaning was sometimes very tardy, but who cares? :) The beach was breathtaking blue, with sunbeds and umbrellas, beach bar, and NO SANDFLIES! Food was perfect, you can choose what you want in many restaurants, drinks were superb in many bars. Directly from the hotel you can take trip to Saona or Catalina island. IHD is comfortable resort with many facilities, great animation, tasty food, just visit and you will see ;)

Room Tip: Ask for block 7 or 4 - they are close to the beach, beware of block 1 - it's close to the theater, it may be noisy and disturbing.
  • Stayed: October 2012, traveled with family
5  Thank Lucia A
IberostarHotelsRD, Quality Manager Iberostar República Dominicana at Iberostar Hacienda Dominicus, responded to this reviewResponded May 19, 2013

Dear guest,
On behalf of the hotel Manager, Mr. Amando Pozo, we thank you for posting a review about your experience at Iberostar Hacienda Dominicus and for choosing our hotel for your holidays.
We are very pleased to read your positive valuation about the beauty of our premises including Dominicus beach, the variety of our gastronomy and the excellent service of our staff. In Iberostar we are on the best beaches worldwide.
We are looking forward to welcome you back and remain at your entire disposition for any assistance prior your next visit.
Best regards,