We have traveled to Iberostar Hacienda Dominicus last week of February. We stayed for 7 days. We were party of 3 (my wife, 3,5 year old son and myself). It was our third trip do Dominican Republic. Previously we stayed at Iberostar Bavaro (also great resort) and Dreams Palm Beach (just good resort).
We have traveled thru apple vacations on non stop flight from Chicago. It took 4 hours. Transfer from airport to resort took 40 min. It was nice and smooth ride.
Got to the hotel, got room in quiet building nr 3. It was close to everything.
Pools were very nice and clean.
Food was absolutely amazing, We mostly ate at the buffet or snack bars There was always plenty of choices.
Drinks were good, there is few bars in resort where you can get drink or cafe no matter where in resort you are. Are favorite was beach bar in lighthouse.
Grounds and gardens are very beautiful and extremly well maintained.
There is kids club (Lucy's Club) open during the day with little pool for toddlers and playground.
Entertaiment team goes beyond to make you happy there. Every day at 8.30 there was show and mini disco for kids and very nice show or disco with live band at 9 for adults.
Staff is very friendly and helpful.
Beach is very nice with lots of chairs but at the time ocean was not very pleasant and there were some big waves so we couldn't really swim.
Rooms are spacious and functional. A/C worked very well. Rooms were made up twice a day!
One day we rented out the car, which was nice expirence. We saw Bayahibe fishing village, basilica in Higuey, Boca de Yuma and couple other places. Gas is expensive there $ 5.5 per gallon.
In case you wonder if there is a doctor in the resort I have to tell you that there is one.
Very profesional, fluent in English, great doctor. Our son got bad cough and we went to see him. He gave him medicine and he got better fast.
There weren't many Americans in hotel. There were French, Germans, Spanish, Canadians, Russians, Argentinians. We made friends with Germans, they son at the same age as ours.
We tipped staff for their hard work, We suggest do the same. These are really hard working good people.
Overall it was 7 days in paradise. I would recommend this resort to anyone. Thank you Iberostar for another fabulous vacations.
I also have to say that when whoever writes bad reviews for this place will not be happy anywhere.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Directly on a fantastically beautiful, fine sandy beach. Around 5 km from the finish village of Bayahibe. Top 5-star luxury. Tropical gardens. Varied gastronomy. Water sports galore. Spa & Health Centre. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with VISIT US, INC. , Expedia, Hotels.com, Orbitz, Cancelon, Priceline, Booking.com, Travelocity, TravelUp, TripOnline SA, Hotwire, HotelQuickly, Evoline ltd and getaroom.com so you can book your Iberostar Hacienda Dominicus reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Iberostar Hacienda Dominicus Hotel Bayahibe
- Iberostar Hotel Bayahibe
- Iberostar Hotel Hacienda Dominicus
- Iberostar La Romana
- Iberostar Hacienda Dominicus Dominican Republic/Bayahibe