“excellent for the 3rd time.”

Iberostar Hacienda Dominicus
Ranked #1 of 16 Hotels in Bayahibe
GreenLeadersPlatinum level
Reviewed October 29, 2011

The 3rd time to this hotel, we love it, everything was just as good as the last 2 visits, the grounds beautiful, sea clear and blue, the lighthouse bar has been extended to give guests more room, food still just as good, the staff excellent, nothing is too much trouble, and all so friendly. What more can be said, only that we can't wait to go back again.

4  Thank Doc'n'Doris
There are newer reviews for Iberostar Hacienda Dominicus

Reviewed October 23, 2011

Now I never really looked into this site till about a month ago so I am posting my trips now from memory.I had went there April 2008

Now I had a great time at this resort, I went for a wedding and 42 of us where there.So to be fair no matter what the resort is like when you have a group that large the company alone makes the trip amazing.But I'll give my pros and cons for how I rate the resort.

Pros:
Room : Now over-all I would say the room was good, clean and when i was there I found it pretty good but if it's still the same I'll say it'll be getting dated.The only annoying part was the whole motion sensor that ran the a/c as it would turn off when you wheren't in the room.The fridge was stocked daily which was nice for times you wanted something like water or a pop/soda as soon as you woke up.

Pool: Found it to be very clean and a good size, being a large group we never found it to be a problem to get a good chuck of chairs together, the swin up bar was great service was fast and if I remember right they had 2 people working it maybe 3 I honestly forget.

Beach: Was very clean and had a nice ocean break when the tide came in, which was nice for picture's etc.Loved the beach bar as it looked like a lighthouse which was a nice touch.

Restaurants: The Buffet was great went there alot , good selection of food never had a problem finding something to eat, always fresh and hot when i went.The steak house was very good.And the late night sneak bar/restaurant was good went there after the disco a few times made steaks etc to order.

Bars: good drinks and the staff works hard to serve drinks fast, never had a problem getting my drinks which I have at some other places.

Cons:
Room: Ok I understand the whole not wanting the a/c to run 24/7, but the fact that I couldn't turn the a/c on till I stayed in the room made it hard to sleep right away after along day.Would be better if maybe they had a timer switch or something so I could atleast turn it on a couple hours early to cool the room down.

Computers/Internet: For what we paid to go to this resort I feel the internet should be part of the package.

Safe: I've been to lower star places which don't charge which I find to be weird for what you pay.

Excursions:
We did a couple different 1's I don't remember how much any of them where.

Crazy Wheels Excursion- ATV's & Dune Buggy's: Was a great excursion and was worth the money as I wanted to do it again but didn't have enough time, you drove the buggy's through a suger cane farm etc and where told about the history a little bit.Atv's was a blast went down a hilltop or what not to a lake area was a nice place to see.

Catamaran: Did this 1 as a group since it's hard to do anything with 42 people, but was a nice day was worth doing it once.Took you out to swim in a couple places and to an island.

Casino: Now there is a casino about a 5-10 minute walk outside the resort we did go there a couple times, not sure if I'd want to go there by myself as it is outside the resort.But it was fun with a friends and family :).

So anyways this is the best review I can give, given how long it's been since I went there.

• Stayed: April 2011, traveled with family
7  Thank Corey C
Reviewed October 23, 2011

Arrived October 1st till 16th
Where to start? The hotel is absolutely amazing.The grounds are constantly maintained the open air buildings give you an instant feel of what is to come. Our room was very spacious cleaned everyday and mini bar stocked up.You can request at any time if you dial zero more drinks if you run out. The food was excellent. I struggled to see what people complained about but I think the main problem is there is just to much choice. There was pasta pizza dishes. Fish and red meat and chicken almost every night. Along with a variety of vegetables,fruit you name it, I think you would be pushed to say something you fancied wasn't there.Along with that they have a fab French restaurant and Japanese which I loved. They also have a Steak house which was lovely and Mexican. The Mexican wasn't to my taste although I would say the food was tasty just a little limited on menu.I can honestly say I ate quite happily all the holiday so if you have any questions about the food please feel free to ask.
The pools are relaxing there is a swim up pool bar, jacuzzi,The beach is amazing the waves proved alot of fun with my lilo. The entertainment is your typical shows of an evening they don't start till 9:45. Which can be a bit late after you have experienced the big measures at the bar of rum and vodka.Lady Gaga(Angelo) you will instantly know who I mean bring atmosphere to the hotel which at this time of year(being quiet) was a pleasure. Overall hotel is great,I could go on for hours but I wont but if you have any questions please ask.The hotel is number one for a reason as they aim to please and I have came back very refreshed and happy.

5  Thank kerrylwhiteuk
Reviewed October 22, 2011

We are a married couple in our early thirties, there are kids there, and very beautiful rooms, family oriented and night life oriented all in one. The place is so large no thing was a bother either way you come to spend your vacation weather as a family or as shows and drinking w.o family. The staff wonderful. We felt safe during the day and night alike. The grounds are paradice! Must see for your self. Come to have a great time. Rooms are imaculate and up kept every day. I took computer, cameras, video, and much more, it all made it home fine. LRM air port is only 15 min. away and get through fast. 5 star place for sure. The beaches wonderful the specialty restraunts great. Have told everyone we know about it. The pictures do not do this wonderful place justice. It is so bright, no humidity, great weather, no bugs. Everything you want to do you can do here, every sport close by. Rooms quiet, beds and pillows compfy, we had walk in shower with hot water right away each day. International calls only 1.00 a min. through hotel.

1  Thank iowamom37900
Reviewed October 19, 2011

Absolutely loved this place hotel was clean food could be a bit boaring and the menu needs a little updating but all in all a great place to just chill and unwind. Staff extremely friendly and helpful. Saona Island trip is amazing a trip to pure paradise loved it. Would recommend this hotel to anyone.

Room Tip: All rooms have nice views and always clean
  • Stayed: July 2011, traveled as a couple
3  Thank SHERYLL M
Reviewed September 26, 2011

We cannot praise this hotel enough, the staff in every department were exceptional. The grounds are beautiful, the accommodation is set in quadrants with different centre themes all picturesque and tranquil, the rooms are large with good bathrooms, balconies, flat screen TV, mini bar, quiet efficient air con and kept immaculatly clean.We wish we could have taken the beds home![and we have got memoryfoam] we have never slept so well on holiday.

The blocks of rooms are connected with a covered walk way, Ideal for anyone with mobility difficulties and the occasional tropical down pour was never a problem to get to the lobby bar theatre and restaurants.

We have to praise staff who dealt with the aftermath of a tropical storm on our 4th night. A river had burst its banks and all the debris were washed up on the beach, staff worked around the clock for 48 hrs to barrow branches and cut up huge tree trunks to clear the 3ft wide catastrophy, by the 3rd morning it was as if it had never occured.

The pool's are safe and kept clean [staff were out very early to maintain them] the pool bar is fun and you get a big smile and welcome from Morela.

The buffet resaurant is as good as we come come to expect in an AI and better than some we have been to. They cater for a lot of different nationalities, on a personal note we did think there was room for impovement. We would recommend themed restaurants The Colonial and Geyshia for service and quality. Word of caution check the prices of bottles of wine as they work out quite expensive.

Entertainment is nationality encompasing, hard working, tallented dancers with some really good singers [Angel is actually a little devil!]

We watched 4 weddings during our stay, one in the grounds and three on the beach [while we were floating in 30deg waters!] all the brides were beautiful and any of the participants we spoke to said they had a wonderful time.

We have fantastic photos of stunning sunsets and very happy content memories to keep of our holiday, which is our second time in Dominican Republic.

Overall we would recommend this hotel and would certainly look at any Iberostar's in the future

Room Tip: Block 2 is quiet and central for all areas
  • Stayed: September 2011, traveled as a couple
13  Thank Brenybren7
Reviewed September 24, 2011

We were offered a `fully inclusive' package, which supposedly meant not paying for anything except tours out of the hotel. We found this simply wasn't true: at the hotel, we found that even using the safe in the room means paying a fee, using the wifi (which only works in the lobby, a long walk from many of the beach front rooms) had another fee, virtually everything was excluded from the `fully inclusive' promise. The only things they didn't try to charge us for were the food and drinks, but then again, we found ourselves being forced to plan our day around fixed meal times or go outside the resort and pay extra to eat in the town. We had already paid for meals through our fully inclusive booking: but there were so many rules to make `bookings' in the restaurants that it felt like we were in boot camp rather than on holiday. At checkout, we found ourselves scammed again, the good old currency switching trick: things like massages had been promoted with US dollar price lists, but at 4am with our airport transfer waiting, the hotel staff tried to make me sign a credit card authorisation for an amount in pesos, using some unofficial exchange rate that presumably puts another 20% into the hotel's profit margin.

• Stayed: April 2011, traveled as a couple
21  Thank objective_feedback
Also consider these accommodations in or near Bayahibe
Casa de Campo Resort & Villas
Dreams La Romana Resort & Spa
Catalonia Gran Dominicus
Dreams Dominicus La Romana
The Reserve at Paradisus Punta Cana
Melia Caribe Tropical

Been to Iberostar Hacienda Dominicus? Share your experiences!