“Wonderfull!!”

Bayahibe SUP (Stand Up Paddle Boarding)
More attraction details
Owner description: Stand Up Paddle Boarding (or SUP) is the new, eco friendly way to get out on the water and have fun. It's easy to learn and anyone can do it! Standing on your paddleboard gives you a unique view of the marine life below as you glide across the calm, crystal clear waters of Bayahibe Bay. Take a guided coastal tour, lesson or rent a board and experience this new watersport in a tropical paradise.
Useful Information: Activities for older children, Bathroom facilities
Eindhoven, The Netherlands
“Wonderfull!!”
Reviewed July 22, 2014

Been here last week and is was great! Mari and Baynodi are very nice, they gave us good instructions and we had fun talks. This was our first time stand up paddle boarding and we will definitely wil do it again! The surrounding was beautiful! Absolutely a must do when you are at the Dominican Republic!

Visited July 2014
Mari B, Manager at Bayahibe SUP (Stand Up Paddle Boarding), responded to this review, July 30, 2014
Thank you so much for taking your time to write us a review! We really do appreciate it!

I am so happy that you enjoyed it, we had a great time paddling with you. Keep SUPing, and I hope that we will see you here soon again!

/Mari & the Bayahibe SUP team

Mechanicsville, Virginia
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Super fun time SUP with Mari and Baynody”
Reviewed July 9, 2014

We just got back from an amazingly fun time with Mari and Baynody learning Stand Up Paddle Board. This was our first time but won't be our last. Thank you Mari for the wonderful pineapple and conversation and to Baynody for some Yoga practice ;-) You Rock!

Mari was so wonderful coordinating with us to arrange for us to be picked up and returned to the cruise pier, all we had to do was show up!

After our Paddle Boarding, we stopped in for a few drinks at the pizza place around the corner, amazingly good Pina Colada's and the few of the beach was so relaxing. We enjoyed watching the locals working and playing hard along the beach.

Can't wait to come back to visit!

Gil & Patsy

Visited June 2014
Mari B, Manager at Bayahibe SUP (Stand Up Paddle Boarding), responded to this review, July 15, 2014
Thank you very much for taking your time to write us such a great review! We really appreciate it! I am happy to hear that this was not your last time on a SUP, and we are looking forward to more yoga practice next year. ;-)
Oakton
“Amazing, fun and personalized!”
Reviewed July 8, 2014

My husband and I tried SUP on our honeymoon and loved it. You get personalized attention and it doesn't have that huge mass marketed excursion feel. We had so much fun paddling and it was a good workout too! We stopped by a little cove to relax and talk and Mari (owner) gave us some delicious pineapple (very welcome after paddling!)
I would suggest this to anyone and everyone, it was easily the highlight of our trip and didn't break the bank either!!

Visited July 2014
Thank you so much for your great review! It is very much appreciated! We are so happy that you enjoyed it, and that we could be a part in doing your honeymoon memorable. We hope to be able to do the same on your first anniversary. ;-)

//Mari & the Bayahibe SUP team
York, Pennsylvania
“Bucket List: Stand Up Paddle Boarding- Check!”
Reviewed July 6, 2014

When planning my vacation with friends to Punta Cana, Dominican Republic, I was determined to cross off one of my bucket list entries-Stand Up Paddle Boarding or SUP for short from my list. I searched SUP on Google and found http://bayahibesup.com/. I sent an email with my questions and Mari quickly responded. We booked the Paddle Board Surfari prior to our arrival in Punta Cana. Mari also arranged for a private transfer from our hotel Riu Bambu Punta Cana to Bayahibe SUP, so we didn’t have to worry about transportation. We were promptly picked up at 8:30 AM and set off to Bayahibe. It was great to see the countryside of the Dominican Republic. When we arrived in Bayahibe after a 50 minute drive, Mari and Baynody greeted us and we knew instantly that we made the right choice with Bayahibe SUP. Mari and Baynody were friendly and knowledgeable. Being first time SUPers we were a bit nervous to try this new adventure, but Mari’s detailed SUP lesson made us feel confident and ready to go for it. We set off in the beautiful blue Caribbean Sea. I paddled past Dreams La Romana resort like I had been an experienced paddle boarder thanks to Mari’s excellent teaching and Baynody’s guidance. We stopped to have a cold drink and some pineapple on a little beach off the ocean about half way into our SUP Surfari. There we got to see a Moray Eel swimming close to the beach. We chatted with Mari and Baynody and felt like we made new friends. One of the best things that Bayahibe SUP offers is photos of your SUP experience. Mari will take photos of you, so you don’t need to worry about losing your camera in the ocean! Mari was a great teacher and thought of everything to make our SUP experience perfect! It truly was a remarkable experience that I highly recommend and would absolutely do it again!

Visited July 2014
Thank you so much for taking your time to write us such a nice and detailed review! It is really appreciated! We had a great time too. We are really happy that you enjoyed it, and I hope that you will keep SUPing, and that we will see you again soon!

//Mari & the Bayahibe SUP team
Lexington, South Carolina
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 2 helpful votes
“SUPer Time!”
Reviewed June 19, 2014

We are experienced paddlers and wanted to be able to enjoy the beautiful blue Dominican water while vacationing in Punta Cana. While the ride from our resort to Mari's shop in Bayahibe was longer than we would have preferred, it was well worth it!!! Mari and Baynody were so friendly and accommodating!! Mari arranged for a service to come and drive us to her shop so that we wouldn't have any trouble. We were delighted to paddle Laird boards and enjoyed the breezy paddle out! We stopped on a beautiful secluded beach and enjoyed water and fresh delicious pineapple. We took some great pictures! Then we resumed our paddle back to the shop which was challenging against the wind and waves, but so much fun and definitely worth the effort. We saw some starfish and a pelican. We'd hope to see Mari's eel, but he was a "no show." It was an unforgettable experience which we will definitely repeat should we make it back to DR at some point!

Visited June 2014
Mari B, Manager at Bayahibe SUP (Stand Up Paddle Boarding), responded to this review, July 2, 2014
Thank you so much for taking the time to write us such a great review!

I am glad to hear that you want to come back, and you know that we have good resorts in the nearby area as well. ;-) We will be here, waiting for you!

And I have to tell you that on the Surfari yesterday, "my" moray eel was swimming around close to the beach while we were taking our break, so we could all see him. You should have been here!

Mari & the Bayahibe SUP team