“Excellent/Excelente!”

Bayahibe SUP (Stand Up Paddle Boarding)
More attraction details
Owner description: Stand Up Paddle Boarding (or SUP) is the new, eco friendly way to get out on the water and have fun. It's easy to learn and anyone can do it! Standing on your paddleboard gives you a unique view of the marine life below as you glide across the calm, crystal clear waters of Bayahibe Bay. Take a guided coastal tour, lesson or rent a board and experience this new watersport in a tropical paradise.
Useful Information: Activities for older children, Bathroom facilities
Monterrey, Mexico
“Excellent/Excelente!”
Reviewed October 7, 2013

I was there on sept. 21 and had a great time and a lot of fun with Yumiko and Wilson which are great hosts and help you and make the experience fun and relaxing in the calm beautiful waters of bayahibe, republica dominicana. They offered me a good deal on the transportation from my hotel in punta cana to their location in bayahibe but i decided to rent a car instead and had a very nice driving through the new coral highway. This is a must do experience if you like kayaking or water sports or simply the sun, you will have a great time with them. Tks again Yumiko and Wilson for your atentions. Muchas Gracias!

Visited September 2013
YB1, Owner at Bayahibe SUP (Stand Up Paddle Boarding), responded to this review, October 9, 2013
Thank you very much for taking the time to post us a great review! We're delighted that you enjoyed SUPing with us and hope that you and your wife will come back again one day :-)

Northport, Alabama
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 2 helpful votes
“Loved it”
Reviewed September 8, 2013

We have just returned from our August 31st Breeze cruise and we also did SUP boarding in La Romana. The reviews are spot on. Only me and DH on this excursion and we were given so much attention and guidance.

Yumi arranged for the taxi to pick us up at the port and we were at Bayahibe beach about 20-25 minutes later. Yumi met us and got us all set up and Wilson was our instructor. He did a fabulous job and went beyond to help us feel comfortable before taking us down the coast line.

We took a beach break on a secluded pert on the beach that Wilson referred to as Secret Beach. That part of the beach had underground springs feeding into it. You could actually feel the "cold" spring water in some areas and Wilson found one spring and let us feel the flow coming up with our toes. We were also given fresh cold pineapple and all the water we could drink.

We really enjoyed the SUP boarding and would like to continue it at home.

Don't hesitate to booke with http://bayahibesup.com. You won't be disappointed.

Visited September 2013
YB1, Owner at Bayahibe SUP (Stand Up Paddle Boarding), responded to this review, September 11, 2013
Thank you so much for the great review! We really appreciate it. It was lovely to meet you both (Wilson says Hola!). Don't hesitate to contact me if you ever need advice about SUPing back home or buying a board, I'd be happy to help.
Coquitlam, Canada
“A surprising experience”
Reviewed August 1, 2013

This was the first time my wife and I had tried paddle boarding. The conditions were not ideal because it was quite windy. Yumiko and her assistant Wilson were patient and supportive and made the whole experience a lot of fun. Neither of us had every tried anything like surfing, wind surfing or stand up paddle boarding but by the end of our time we were able to stand up and paddle around even in some considerable gusts of wind. To top it off, during a conversation when taking a water and fruit break, it turns out Yumi and I grew up in the same suburb of London hanging out in the same areas and going to the same secondary school 2 years apart. All in all, one of the highlights of our trip to the Dominican Republic. I would recommend that anyone heading down this way sign up for Bayahibe SUP.

Visited July 2013
YB1, Owner at Bayahibe SUP (Stand Up Paddle Boarding), responded to this review, August 19, 2013
Thank you for taking time out to post us a review, it's much appreciated. You both did really well as it was pretty gusty on that day. Amazing coincidence that we share the same small hometown, the world is small! We hope you'll come back to SUP with us again one day.
Charlotte, North Carolina
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 3 helpful votes
“Highlight of my DR Vacation!”
Reviewed July 28, 2013

This was my first time paddle boarding, and I am so glad I was able to do it in such a beautiful place, and with such a great instructor/guide! I would highly recommend this excursion to anyone visiting DR! Our resort had no water sports, as it was on the Atlantic side of the island, so Bayahibe was a real treat for us. Yumiko went above and beyond from arranging the transportation (and being so patient with me before our arrival with all of the changes in our plans!) to recommending a wonderful place to eat. She even gave us a little tour of the restaurants and stayed with us to help us order the local food in Spanish! I can honestly say this was the highlight of the week for me, and that I will be SUPing again soon, somewhere! Loved it! Thank you, Yumiko!

Visited July 2013
So happy to hear you enjoyed your first SUP experience with us! It was fun paddling with you. Thank you for posting us this review. Don't hesitate to contact me if you need any SUP advice for back home.
Santa Monica, California
23 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 62 helpful votes
“Great Experience!”
Reviewed July 21, 2013

First time ever paddle boarding. While I'm not the best in the water or with coordination, Yumi, the owner walked me thru the process and gave me a very memorable experience.

Visited July 2013
YB1, Owner at Bayahibe SUP (Stand Up Paddle Boarding), responded to this review, July 22, 2013
Thank you for taking the time to write us a review. I really appreciate it. Having confidence in the water is definitely an advantage for doing any watersport, but I thought you did really well considering you didn't feel at completely at ease in the water. As for your coordination, it was pretty good! Our photos of you standing up and paddling make you look like a pro! Well done and thanks for trying SUP with us!
Yumiko

PS: note to other readers of this review: All our clients MUST be able to swim. However, some people can swim ok but just don't feel 100% comfortable in the water. If you are like this then please let us know when you contact us to make your reservation, that way we can schedule your SUP session to ensure you get a bit more attention.