“Great Experience!”

Bayahibe SUP (Stand Up Paddle Boarding)
More attraction details
Owner description: Stand Up Paddle Boarding (or SUP) is the new, eco friendly way to get out on the water and have fun. It's easy to learn and anyone can do it! Standing on your paddleboard gives you a unique view of the marine life below as you glide across the calm, crystal clear waters of Bayahibe Bay. Take a guided coastal tour, lesson or rent a board and experience this new watersport in a tropical paradise.
Useful Information: Activities for older children, Bathroom facilities
Reviewed July 21, 2013

First time ever paddle boarding. While I'm not the best in the water or with coordination, Yumi, the owner walked me thru the process and gave me a very memorable experience.

YB1, Owner at Bayahibe SUP (Stand Up Paddle Boarding), responded to this reviewResponded July 22, 2013

Thank you for taking the time to write us a review. I really appreciate it. Having confidence in the water is definitely an advantage for doing any watersport, but I thought you did really well considering you didn't feel at completely at ease in the water. As for your coordination, it was pretty good! Our photos of you standing up and paddling make you look like a pro! Well done and thanks for trying SUP with us!
Yumiko

PS: note to other readers of this review: All our clients MUST be able to swim. However, some people can swim ok but just don't feel 100% comfortable in the water. If you are like this then please let us know when you contact us to make your reservation, that way we can schedule your SUP session to ensure you get a bit more attention.

There are newer reviews for Bayahibe SUP (Stand Up Paddle Boarding)

Reviewed July 18, 2013

We can not say enough wonderful things about Yumiko! She went above and beyond during our tour with her. It was just my husband & myself and we'd already had one prior experience SUPing in the past. Yumiko tailored our experience to us and was very informative about the local community. We both felt like we were out enjoying the morning with a friend rather than a tour guide. I would recommend her services to anyone, no matter your level of experience. Yumiko is accommodating and service minded, with the ability to put anyone at ease. This was hands down one of the highlights of our trip to Dominican Republic.

Thank you sooo much for such a complimentary review! We're very happy that you both enjoyed SUPing with us. We try to keep our groups small and/or private, that way we can devote plenty of time to each person - and that includes time to chat! We love the fact that SUP can be either a quiet and zen-like experience or it can be a social activity where you can talk to each other whilst paddling along or, as your husband did when he paddled ahead with our guide Wilson, it can be a full on workout where you don't have much breath to talk ;-)
It was a pleasure to meet you both. We hope you'll come back to SUP with us again one day.

Reviewed July 5, 2013

Yumiko and her right hand Wilson are top notch Paddleboard Tour Specialists. What a great experience! Yumiko is truly a great host. She is very professional and went the extra mile. If you are vacationing in the DR and you enjoy paddleboarding, the trip to Bayahibe is a must. I've been visiting the DR from the states for the last 15 years and this has been by far the best experience on any tour or water activity. My wife son and I were given the royal treatment. We've paddle boarded for a while and they tailored our tour to our level. If you are a beginner, no worries, Yumiko and Wilson are dedicated to their customers.
JM
Orlando, FL

YB1, Owner at Bayahibe SUP (Stand Up Paddle Boarding), responded to this reviewResponded July 7, 2013

"I've been visiting the DR from the states for the last 15 years and this has been by far the best experience on any tour or water activity…"
WOW! What a compliment, thank you! We do work hard to keep our standards high and receiving feedback like this makes it ALL worth while :-) Thank you for taking the time to post us this wonderful review. We really appreciate it and hope you'll have an even better SUP experience with us next year!
saludos from sunny Bayahibe

Reviewed June 16, 2013

Thank you Yumiko for a wonderful time paddleboarding in Bayahibe Bay! I have SUP'd before, and this was one of the many water activities I did while in the DR. In addition to arranging a super fun morning SUPing, Yumiko provided (in advance via e-mail) a lot of advice/guidance regarding my 10-day trip to the DR. My mom and I planned on renting a car and driving around the country, and while I was trying to figure out all the logistics before leaving the U.S., Yumiko offered assistance with driving directions and tips, restaurant suggestions, contacting hotel owners, etc. The YouTube link she sent me that showed how to get from Santo Domingo airport to the tourist highway was golden! There's no way we would have found our way without her help. When you read about how lacking the DR is in signage, it's no joke. I told her she was my "DR angel" and I meant it!

Anyway, regarding Bayahibe SUP: It was the first time my 73-year old mom would be on a paddleboard, and Yumiko provided very thorough yet easy-to-understand instructions and demonstrations on how to SUP while we were still on land. My mom never quite made it standing up (she's not particularly athletic), but she was able to paddleboard while sitting on the board. She even made it out of the marina and towards the Dreams resort. All I can say is, Yumiko was so patient with my mom! She made sure that my mom was safe and never alone the entire time, which my mom appreciated so much. Yumiko has such a warm and bubbly personality; she's one of the nicest people you'll come across in the DR.

I paddled with Wilson, Yumiko's tour guide of approximately 18 months, past Dreams resort and to the secret beach, which was lovely. Wilson was super friendly and great at SUP. He is Haitian, which I found very interesting after meeting so many Dominicans. He speaks French, Spanish, and a little English, and I was very happy to practice my Spanish with him during the tour. Likewise, he seemed to enjoy practicing his English with me. It was an easy paddle out to the secret beach, but with the headwind, it was a bit tougher getting back to the marina. I enjoyed the challenge though, as it gave me a bit of a workout. And Wilson was very obliging in paddling as fast or slow as I wanted to go.

I brought my own camera, and both Yumiko and Wilson too great pics of my mom and me. She'll also take photos with her camera and post them to an album on Facebook, which I thought was cool. She provided bottled water and delicious pineapple towards the end of the tour, which was a refreshing way to end the trip.

Thanks again Yumiko and Wilson. My mom and I had an awesome time!

YB1, Owner at Bayahibe SUP (Stand Up Paddle Boarding), responded to this reviewResponded June 18, 2013

Thank you so much for taking the time to post us such a nice review. It was an absolute pleasure to meet and SUP with you and your mom. We keep our SUP groups small so that we can give extra attention to those who need it. We love SUP and want all our clients to enjoy their time on the water, whether they be standing or sitting on their boards! I'm happy that my travel tips helped you explore this beautiful island and we hope you'll come back to visit us again one day.

Reviewed June 6, 2013

Yumiko was great from the start. She responded immediately to my emails and we got a time set up along with transportation from our resort (Secrets Royal Beach, Punta Cana). She was a great teacher and we all learned pretty fast. We all loved it and had a great time. Bayahibe is a beautiful little town and it was fun to hang out and walk around once we were done with the SUP. We would all definitely recommend Bayahibe SUP to anyone!

YB1, Owner at Bayahibe SUP (Stand Up Paddle Boarding), responded to this reviewResponded June 9, 2013

Thank you very much for taking the time to post us such a nice review with your photos! It is really appreciated. It was lovely to meet you all and we enjoyed SUPing (and chatting!) with you. We hope to see you back again one day. Don't hesitate to contact me if any of you would like advice about SUP back home.