“Family Paradise!”

Hotel Weare Bayahibe
Ranked #8 of 16 Hotels in Bayahibe
Reviewed August 1, 2013

We went to Cadaques, after a 3-day stay at another resort in the area. Had we known how nice Cadaques is, we would have spent the whole time there.

Positives:
1) Water Park Feature (our kids loved this).
2) The Food: We had a GREAT Paella. Fresh & Delicious!
3) Presidente Beer was always chilled to perfection.
4) Employees seemed to care: They were very nice, attentive, and courteous.
5) We felt very safe.
6) Great Bang for the Buck!
7) Did I mention the Beach? :-)

Negatives:
1) The Water Park is open only Mon, Wed, Fri, Sat, Sun. It would be great if it was open the whole week; and also if it had longer operating hours.
2) It could benefit from additional restaurants, or eating options.
3) It would be great if they offered more aquatic sports, and tours to the Saona island for example, and other interesting spots.
4) The inside shopping options seemed limited to us.
5) No "all inclusive" package available.

I hope this review helps. Despite the negatives, I sincerely believe that the positives overshadow the negatives. Our overall experience was GREAT, and we are planning on returning to Cadaques again.

All thumbs and toes up! :-)

• Stayed: July 2013, traveled with family
2  Thank Pedro R

Reviewed July 26, 2013

I¨m think the person wrote a review have the reason because I was at the beach restaurant and they serve me fish smelling really bad I ate a seafood combination but during nigth I get sick for a few days when I was leaving from the hotel I told to the reception person and don¨t put me atencion
was a horrible experience in cadaques , but the small italian restaurant have a very good pasta
a the gay is pleasant person
the people at the admistration in this hotel the don¨t idea at hospitality busines
also at the poor I have to paid my money a segurity gay and he say have to be in cash is normal this situation. I was with my family invite for frieds three weeks ago.

Room Tip: Poors are dirty at the main restaurant
  • Stayed: July 2013, traveled with family
4  Thank microfaradio01
Reviewed July 7, 2013

We booked this hotel thinking it was in Bayahibe town, becuase the address shows Bayahibe. Don't be fooled - this hotel is at the very Southern End of Dominicus Americanus beach, 5km away from Bayahibe town. This is not walkable, and public transport/taxis seemed to not exist, so you are pretty much stranded there unless you have the means to drive 10 minutes to Bayahibe town. Dominicus Americanus beach is made up almost exclusively of all inclusive resorts along a 2km stretch of really pretty beach, but because nearly everyone there is staying at an all inclusive, there are very few options for eating or booking trips into the Parque National Del Este, and what is available is horribly expensive ($50 USD for 2 plates of food and 2 beers at a beach bar in the sand!?). I won't judge this review based on this because I should have researched it more thoroughly, but just wanted to warn others not to make the same mistake we did.

Cadaques Caribe seems to be a relatively new resort - it doesn't actually show on Google satellite map at the time of writing. It actually sits further South than the BeLive Canoa which is on Google Maps. They've spent a lot of money making a pseudo-Spanish colonial village resort. The place seemed nearly empty when we stayed in early Jul '13, with almost more staff than guests. The first room they booked us into was on the ground floor and the only window opened out onto the walkway outside, meaning we couldn't' open the curtains or there would be no privacy. When we called to complain about this, they upgraded us to a second floor two bedroom suite, which looked out at the pool which was very nice. The pool, beach, etc were great, but had no atmosphere due to the almost total lack of people. It appears they sell some of the rooms outright, or as timeshares (according to their website), and the whole place did have a timeshare feel to it. For the cost, this place was pretty decent, but because it wasn't an all inclusive, you pretty much are forced to use their restaurants for your meals/drinks or drive to find another option - the closest public restaurant was a good 20 minute walk on the beach away. They did offer a 'food included' option for around $60/person/day extra, but this didn't include drinks.
We booked a snorkeling excursion at the front desk, and after making a few phone calls, the receptionist booked us for the next day. On being picked up and driven away we found out we were actually booked on a mini-speedboat excursion. There was a small amount of snorkeling on this trip but very close to shore, with no live coral and very few small fish. This was a total let-down because we had specified our request for a snorkeling trip to the reef. I don't think this was intentional by the receptionist, just that he didn't really know what the trips really offered. For this level of resort, I thought this was below par.
I wouldn't stay here again, but can see it being OK if you are fine with staying in-resort for the whole time and eating all your meals there etc.

• Stayed: July 2013, traveled as a couple
2  Thank AMP-TA
Reviewed June 30, 2013

i suggest to viasit Bayahibe in Dorminican Republic to get in touch wit the pleasure and majesty of the caribbean. in order to have great time in a resort please visit CADQUES CARIbe, wou wont regret one single thing that happens in this paradise, better yet you wont think about coming back, you gonna wish your job woulfd have been in this country to have the chance of enjoying this hotel at lease 5 times a year. i Bet you will do anything to come just for 24 hours if that would have been the condition for you to visit such a beatiful and interesting place of tranquility.
i highly recommend this hotel to all humans.

• Stayed: June 2013, traveled with friends
Reviewed June 22, 2013

I've been several times to Cadaques with my family, it is a great place to go with the family, the food is good, the beach is beautiful, staff is capable, and kids attractions are very cool!
I recommend it to everyone who wants to have a family vacation or couple vacation.

• Stayed: February 2013, traveled with family
Reviewed June 20, 2013

I went there and was amazing tje thing is that is too far, the beach is not that bad but has nice pools... it is very clean by the way, the food is delicious and the beach games are really fun, and you can go to isla saona from their own pier

• Stayed: June 2013
Reviewed June 14, 2013 via mobile

I stayed here for four nights in June. This place is amazing if you are looking to relax and unwind. I stayed in a 2-room apartment that had its own kitchen and living areas which was perfect for my family and I.

The beach has fun toys to play with and a fantastic gazebo at the end of a boardwalk where you can jump in the crystal blue waters. The hotel also has a really large pool and a waterpark for children. However, they don't turn on the waterpark every day due to cost so if that is your only draw then you might be disappointed.

The location of the hotel is fantastic. It is very near to Playa Dominicus, which is by far my favorite beach...crystal blue waters, white sand and no rocks to sift through when getting in. There are a couple of restaurants that bring you food and drinks right to the beach and you can rent chairs once you get there for a little under $4 for the day. There's ample parking at the beach as well.

The town of bayahibe and dominicus are beautiful and offer everything you might need during your stay. Both are about 5 minutes away.

My only reservation about cadaquez is the restaurant...the food is not very good, though they do try and the servers are very nice. Save yourself some money and indigestion by heading into bayahibe (mare nostro) or dominicus or even la romana (about 20 minutes away).

• Stayed: June 2013