My husband and I were looking for a quiet, beautiful place for vacation and we found it at Cadaques Caribe. The resort is absolutely beautiful. We loved the Spanish villa style of the resort and the quaint buildings spread out like a village. Definitely very unique and not the typical cheesy tiki huts and coconuts style you see at most other Caribbean resorts. It was very quiet which was perfect for us since we don't like a whole lot of loud random music and don't need "animation" and dance lessons. We like to manage our activities without having them inflicted on us, if that makes sense. Cadaques is definitely a private place and we loved that.
Our room was great--the bed was supremely comfortable and large. We had a superior king room which had a balcony and that was a great feature of the room. The bathroom was nice and clean and everything was fairly modern.
The beach is a little rocky, but the water is DIVINE! I was mesmerized by how turquoise the water was---stunning!
We ate a lot of meals at the restaurant grill and everything we had was delicious. I got the Lambi Criolla the first night I was there and it was awesome. We had breakfast at the resort everyday and the prices couldn't be beat. THE PINEAPPLE JUICE SERVED WITH BREAKFAST WILL CHANGE YOUR LIFE! Seriously, it was that good. The prices on the resort were very reasonable for the portion sizes and taste of the food.
The hotel staff were all friendly and always willing to go the extra mile when it came to service.
I've read some of the reviews and was a bit apprehensive--so to anyone considering this resort, I say, GO! Other reviewers have mentioned that it's not a good place for Americans, and that the staff is difficult to understand, etc. But what it all comes down to is EXPECTATIONS. All I expected was a nice beach, clean facilities, a quiet place to detach, and decent food. I got all that and more when we stayed at the Cadaques. You can't expect everywhere to be like the United States...It's the Dominican Republic--people speak Spanish and have a much more laid back way of life down there. It's a different world entirely--in a good way. We will definitely be back to stay at Cadaques and are recommending it to everyone.
As an aside, if you are driving from the airport in Santo Domingo, be advised that the road conditions may not be the best on the way to La Romana. Some parts were well paved, others had potholes and pits. They're definitely not the worst roads in the world, but you should definitely be careful, and know that drivers and people on scooters drive a bit erratically. Just be alert.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Cadaques offers you the opportunity to escape into a different reality. Our little nook in Bayahibe, with crystal clear waters and sandy beaches, has a diverse set of activities for the whole family. Cobbled streets invite you to enjoy the unique combination of daily Mediterranean life and relaxed island feeling of a small village. Take a walk with us and see our chapel, its tropical gardens, and our different entertainment areas. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Expedia, Hotels.com, Priceline, Orbitz, Travelocity, Hotwire, Evoline ltd, Cancelon, HotelQuickly and getaroom.com so you can book your Weare Cadaques Bayahibe Hotel reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Cadaques Caribe Resort & Villas Hotel Bayahibe
- Cadaques Caribe Resort And Villas
- Weare Cadaques Bayahibe Hotel Dominican Republic