“Wonderful Experience to Saona Island”
Review of SeavisTours

SeavisTours
Ranked #1 of 44 Tours in Bayahibe
More attraction details
Owner description: SeavisTours (Bayahibe, Dominican Republic) is a small independent tour operator and specializes in Eco Adventures: small groups, remote places, no crowds, no "booze cruises" and a lot of attention to nature.... The Parque Nacional del Este includes 3 Islands: Saona, Catalinita and Catalina. We have an Eco-Adventure to each of the three islands. All our tours are guided by a multi-lingual and knowledgeable guide. Quality and personal attention are guaranteed. Have a nice holiday!
Useful Information: Activities for older children
Reviewed August 12, 2014

I would highly recommend this tour to anyone interested in viewing one of the Dominican Republic's most beautiful and serene natural attractions! Our tour guide, Ingrid, was absolutely fantastic! Apparently this tour caters to mostly Europeans (particularly Germans, I believe) because we were the only Americans on this particular tour. However, Ingrid did a fantastic job of explaining everything in German, as well as English. She ensured we were not neglected and we definitely felt we received the same experience as everyone else. I was speaking to her and she informed me she speaks 5 languages (English, German, Dutch, Spanish and French)! I found it to be remarkable that someone could master 5 different languages.

The tour itself was fantastic. We visited a sandbar where there were HUGE starfish we could hold and take pictures with. We then worked out way towards Saona Island and stopped for lunch. I can say this lunch, which is included in the price, was the best food I had during my entire vacation. We had a couple hours to eat, relax and do some snorkeling near the pier, which was pretty good. Next, we moved on to a local fishing village, which was remarkable. It is amazing to me how content these people seemed with little to no earthly possessions. We spent about an hour here and were able to see some baby turtles! The last stop was at a secluded beach that was probably the most beautiful place I have ever been. The water was a vibrant light blue, which allowed for some great snorkeling amongst some of the coral! It truly was a treat and I was so sad to leave!

Overall, it was a great experience and I highly recommend using Seavis for any tour that fits your desires.

Alex4499, Manager at SeavisTours, responded to this reviewResponded August 16, 2014

Hello Julian. Thank you very much for this nice review!! We appreciate it!!! You went with our guide Ingrid to the Saona Vip Tour. We are happy that it was a Wonderful Experience for you!!! We take English, Dutch and German speaking clients on all our Tours!!! Thanks for your recommendation and hope to see you again!!! Marion.

Reviewed August 12, 2014

First of all the communication, booking and paying ahead of time was great! All went smoothly without any problems. We got directions since we drove ourselves from Ingrid and everything was just smooth. First we got into the River boat where they served fruit, cake, and drinks. The tour guide spoke many languages so he went to each group and explained what we would be doing. We then stopped at this jungle where it had many different species. Again the tour guide translated for everyone. This was a bit tiring. After he spoke to you, you had to wait for him to translate to other people so we would just stand there waiting. We then got back on the boat and went to another area where they served authentic food. It was fresh and so good!! You can see how they cook it outside and it was a great experience. Afterwards you walk around, to learn about everything there or you can go to a Jacuzzi ( I wouldn't suggest, it's dirty they really need to clean it). It's a beautiful view though. Then you can go Kayaking or wait on the boat. Afterwards when they come back from Kayaking you can though yourself off a rope into the river. My kids really enjoyed this. What I liked about the tour is that you can do or not do what you want. I was so tired from horseback riding the night before but I was able to relax and enjoy the view and I was not under the blistering sun. it was a nice breeze. Again the staff is the best! It's an informative tour.

Hello Mr and Mrs G. Thanks for your review. We are happy you and your family had a nice time on the Rive Day excursion!! Happy your kids loved the rope swing!!! Maybe until another time!! Marion.

Reviewed August 10, 2014

Uncle Chuck here once again and Boy is this gonna be a fun one to write. Why you ask???
Because SeaVis Tour of Saona Island was Sooooo Much Fun that the next time Dragon Lady and I get back to La Romana, this is the first tour we'll take.
The Folks at SeaVis Really know how to show you a good time on Saona Island.
Our Guide for the Day, INGRID {of the annoyingly Fabulous Tan} was THE BEST! Her sparkling personality and Professional yet FUN demeanor made this a trip to remember. Her Crew were also tops in helpfulness and courtesy for all our group.
While the half hour ride to Saona was a bit bumpy [Read that VERY Bumpy] in the front of the boat, the beach, the buffet, the starfish tour and all were more than we expected and enjoyed by all and the ride back [in the rear] was fabulous.
While there are many other things to do in La Romana, DR, SeaVis tours is not to be missed.

Hello Uncle Chuck. Thanks for your nice and amusing review!!! You went with our very nice, professional and tanned guide Ingrid to Saona Island!!! We are very happy you and Dragon Lady had such a nice time!! Of course we hope to see you back at your next visit to this beautiful Island!!
Thanks again!!! Marion.

Reviewed August 9, 2014

We had a great day, we were taken to some lovely locations away from the masses. Ingrid and the staff were very friendly and informative.

Hello Keith. Thanks for your review!! You went on the Saona Vip Tour with Ingrid!! We are happy you had a great day!!! Maybe until next time!! Marion.

Reviewed August 8, 2014

This was an excellent excursion by Seavis tours. We were on the Carnival Breeze and I had booked this ahead of time through Seavis directly. Had a great time and would highly recommend it. Everything went smooth from picking us to on time and returning to the ship on time. The pre-booking was also a breeze. We were a large family, (13) of us who wanted to do the excursion together and Seavis was very accommodating with us. Would definitely do again if returning to D.R. Great Job Seavis Tours!!

1  Thank Christy B

Hello Christy. Thanks for your nice review!! We are very happy your family of 13 had such a nice time on our Saona Special tour!! Thanks for your recommendation and hopefully we see you again!! Marion.