“Best day of our trip”
Review of SeavisTours

SeavisTours
Ranked #1 of 44 Tours in Bayahibe
More attraction details
Owner description: SeavisTours (Bayahibe, Dominican Republic) is a small independent tour operator and specializes in Eco Adventures: small groups, remote places, no crowds, no "booze cruises" and a lot of attention to nature.... The Parque Nacional del Este includes 3 Islands: Saona, Catalinita and Catalina. We have an Eco-Adventure to each of the three islands. All our tours are guided by a multi-lingual and knowledgeable guide. Quality and personal attention are guaranteed. Have a nice holiday!
Useful Information: Activities for older children
Reviewed March 5, 2014

I booked online weeks before I was in DR. I was very happy with the quick email response to my questions and concerns! My boyfriend and I went on the VIP Saona island speed boat tour. It was seriously the best part of our trip. Ingrid knew everything there was to know about the places we visited, and I learned so much while relaxing on many different beaches ! We also checked out the town on Saona island, and that was really interesting, we got to see lots of puppies which was exciting for me! The food that was supplied was great! Amazing time snorkelling and swimming, relaxing on the fine white sand beaches. The only complaint I have is that you are kind of pressured to take pictures (40$), but if you don't mind saying no a bit, you can brush it off.

Alex4499, Manager at SeavisTours, responded to this reviewResponded March 6, 2014

Thanks for your review. We are happy that the Saona Crusoe Vip was the best part of your trip in The Dominican Republic!! We try to make our trips relaxed but also interesting by explaining things about the culture and nature of this beautiful country !! Marion.

Reviewed March 3, 2014

The weak link is the taxicab setup at La Romana. Upon arrival you head from the pier through the small shopping area to the long taxi cab line. The taxi's are on the other side of a gate and they only load what seems to be one cab at a time, while trying to consolidate cab fares. The system is very frustrating, but it is the fault of the cab process at the port, not Seavis.

Once we worked our way closer to the gate we were able to call out to the taxi coordinator that we were going to Bayahibe and were immediately gathered up and sent through the gate to a cab. Once in the cab we were quickly on our way with no further issues.

The tour itself was quite enjoyable. Our guide Cisco gave a great introduction to the area and provided good information about the ecology of the Islands. (In English)

The boat ride is cramped, but everyone has their own seat. Once tucked into place we were quite comfortable through the ride.

The beach was beautiful. The food provided was tasty and plentiful. Beach chairs seemed to be a bit scarce for the number of people there. The beach area left of the pier as you pull in was reserved( at least on the day we were there )and that might have contributed to the chairs being short.

I love to snorkel and brought my own gear. I did notice a tub of used gear available for use on the beach. I'm glad I had my own gear. The water was pretty choppy and that made the shallow area on the left as you pull into the beach difficult to swim and stay comfortably away from the rocks. The chop also made the water a bit murky. We found that as you swam into the deeper water along the pier that there were plenty of fish to see and the chop was much easier to counter. There are lots of colors of coral on the wrecked pier legs. I also filmed two puffer fish dancing through the pier legs together.

The stop at Piscina Natural was beautiful also. The starfish were scattered out a bit the day we were there so we had to spread out and collect them then bring them back towards the group for pictures. The water there varies from ankle to waist deep with a sandy or grassy bottom.

After returning to Bayahibe on time we loaded into the same taxi that brought us there and were returned to the pier with enough time to comfortably browse the small shopping area. The tour is designed with the ship schedule in mind. We never felt like we were going to be late getting back to the ship.

Overall we had a fun enjoyable day. I recommend this tour and I'd do it all over again if I return to La Romana.

1  Thank Glenn B
Alex4499, Manager at SeavisTours, responded to this reviewResponded March 4, 2014

Hello Glenn. Thanks for your review. We are happy you liked our Saona Special Tour and had a nice day. Hopefully we see you back some time!! Marion.

Reviewed March 3, 2014 via mobile

my boyfriend and I booked the nature complete. It was a very nice day combining the beach and jungle. Although the boat to Catalina Island was a bit crowded we enjoyed ourselves with the 2 other dutch guys and Rob our guide. Once entering the jungle we switched to a much bigger hut which was able to sail! I loved their way of working at the ranch preserving nature and really trying to understand the ecosystem. We also had the possibility to hold the iguanas snakes and parrots. I would have loved to do the jungle eco tour but unfortunately it was fully booked. The food and drinks were also good. Plenty of fruits, drinks and lunch. Thanks Rob and Ingrid for the nice day.

Hello Monique. Thanks for your review. We are happy that you liked our Nature Complete Tour. It is our new tour and we thought a combination of Sea and Jungle is nice!! Marion.

Reviewed February 27, 2014

Our family of five did the Speedboat to Saona Island (Carnival Special) excursion during our port day in Dominican Republic. It was a great day. We chose this company over a competitor and over the similar cruise line tour mostly because of the positive reviews on TripAdvisor. The tour operators were friendly and efficient, and our time was well-spent, having enough time on the beach and arriving back in port in lots of time for the ship. They delivered on everything they promised, which is all one can hope for. The speedboat portion was a lot of fun, the buffet lunch was plentiful and tasty, and well-timed; and it was really cool stepping outside the boat in the natural pool and holding the starfish. If I had a negative comment, it would be that snorkelling was offered but it was not worth it--there was nothing but garbage on the ocean floor, the current was too strong and the waters murky as a result. Also, the bar ran out of beer around lunchtime, but I think that was anticipated. I would not hesitate in recommending this tour and would not let negative comments in other reviews about the confusion with the taxi transfers, the uncomfortable/crowded speedboat ride, the disappointing starfish stop, the beach, and other assorted things dissuade you. In the end, it's as good a day as you make it, and besides, there's really not too many other enticing options on this particular cruise stop.

Alex4499, Manager at SeavisTours, responded to this reviewResponded March 1, 2014

Thanks for your review. We are happy that you had a great day!! Snorkeling depends per day, if the current is too strong, the water gets murky and you don't see so much. Most days the snorkeling is great!!! Thanks again. Marion.

Reviewed February 25, 2014

This review is long overdue. My boyfriend and I did the Saona VIP crusoe tour. I did a lot of reading in advanced and chose Seavis Tours because of all the wonderful reviews on TA as well as the amazing pictures. Well, we got picked up at the hotel a bit late and once we were on our way the guide accompanying the driver said he had to make a stop somewhere. We pulled into a parking lot and sat there for about 20 minutes while he went into a building. When we arrived at the destination, we soon realized that not a single person spoke English. We were the only couple on the tour who spoke English and it truly put a damper on the entire experience. We could not interact with anyone and felt that because everyone else spoke the same language our tour guide Ingrid favored them. Yes, each spot we went to was beautiful and the food prepared for lunch was OK but at the end of the day we were not happy for the amount of money we spent. The snorkeling was terrible, and that is something my boyfriend was most excited about. You have to swim out far in order to snorkel and you barely saw anything between what was actually there and the poor equipment. Lastly, the drive home was a nightmare. We were told that we would arrive at the hotel at a certain hour and we were over 2 hours late. There was traffic, we had to drop off one of the guides at what appeared to be a bar and we also had people in the van who were not supposed to come back with us that were then put as more of a priority than those originally scheduled to be dropped off. The driver passed our hotel and told us we could not be dropped off at that time because it was important that the other couple got back to their hotel when they weren't scheduled to be dropped off in the first place. This added an extra hour to our ride which was truly inconsiderate and not needed. There were no apologies made and we were told that Ingrid should have never given us an estimated time of arrival because it never ends up being that time. Overall, truly disappointed and I am sure we could have gotten the same or better trip with a different company.

1  Thank Arielle B
Alex4499, Owner at SeavisTours, responded to this reviewResponded February 26, 2014

Thanks for your review. We regret that you have been disappointed. We try to group the languages together in our planning, but sometimes it doesn't work out. Snorkel conditions differ per tour.... We will talk to the transfer company about your remarks, this is not acceptable. Unfortunately we are by law obligated to work with independent local transfer companies. We do everything within our power to organize the transfers in a good fashion and on most days this goes well..... however sometimes they mess up terrible.... I'm sorry for that. When you read the reviews here on TA almost all negative remarks are concerning the transfers / taxi companies.... We only can manage them till a certain level. Again we are sorry...