“Must do excursion in Dominion Republic”
Review of SeavisTours

SeavisTours
More attraction details
Owner description: SeavisTours (Bayahibe, Dominican Republic) is a small independent tour operator and specializes in Eco Adventures: small groups, remote places, no crowds, no "booze cruises" and a lot of attention to nature.... The Parque Nacional del Este includes 3 Islands: Saona, Catalinita and Catalina. We have an Eco-Adventure to each of the three islands. All our tours are guided by a multi-lingual and knowledgeable guide. Quality and personal attention are guaranteed. Have a nice holiday!
Useful Information: Activities for older children
Reviewed July 14, 2013

Family went on the saona island excursion. Boat ride was great. Very informative and also very fast ride. The beach was very nice. Food was very good. The guides were very knowledgeable. Definitely recommend

Write a ReviewReviews (3,101)
All reviews
"saona special"
in 14 reviews
"tanama river"
in 11 reviews
"pirates of the caribbean"
in 20 reviews

Reviewed July 11, 2013

Since it didn't appear that there was much to do at the port of La Romana, we booked the Seavis trip to Saona Island. Although our day was fine, none of our family of four was overwhelmed. We enjoyed the boat ride to the island, but once we got there we were ready to come back. We usually don't just "sit on the beach" and we don't drink, so I guess we should have known better. We brought our own snorkels and masks, which was good because they ran out of equipment right away. The snorkeling spot by the pier was murky (although we may have been spoiled by our scuba trip the day before in Grand Turk). We did see lots of fish, including a ray. The beach was nice, although it got crowded after a while with lots of anchored boats. There were not enough chairs for everyone. We enjoyed the lunch, but not the vendors. Our guide, Kristen, was fantastic... very friendly, knowledgeable... someone you'd love to have for your best friend. I think the people who were partaking in the rum punch had more fun.. so if that's your thing, this is the tour for you!

1  Thank TwoSue
Reviewed July 7, 2013

After researching local operators and reading reviews on this site, I'm so glad we chose Seavis! Communication with Ingrid for planning an reservations was great, and I thoroughly enjoyed the speed oat ride to Saona Island and local history shared by our guide, Carlos, along the way. The only thing that kept this from being 5 stars was the experience at the taxi stand. No Seavis coordinator was there, and we were delayed by 30 minutes because the taxi driver's boss was tying to find 2 more people to fill our van.

Reviewed July 3, 2013

We did the Saona Crusoe VIP tour. My kids loved it!. We rode the speedboats out to the island and stopped to see the starfish along the way. My son actually found a baby starfish in the sand.

Mano Juan is amazing and we felt blessed that they had sea turtles the morning we were there. The lunch is delicious, and I highly recommend upgrading to the lobster lunch.

The snorkeling on the private beach is hard to get to because the waves are super choppy.

Ingrid was our guide and she was very knowledgeable and friendly. If we return we will be booking with Seavis again.

See more reviews
Reviewed July 3, 2013

After some intensive research about where to go and what to do in La Romana; Saona Island was our pick. Then it was “well which tour outfit do we pick?” I read the reviews here on TA and chose Seavis, and I am so glad I did! First, the communication with Ingrid was top notch. She was very prompt and courteous! You are sometimes a little blind per se making these arrangement s via the net, but everything went very smoothly! .
We stayed at the Viva Wyndham Palace (separate review done) and it was a 3 minute walk out the front gate and to the left. We were then picked up and brought to the Seavis “main office” by the water. We waited a little while for the rest of the group- whom I was told were travelling from Punta Cana. After a brief rundown of the day’s excursion, we were ready to board!
Now, I am sure you have read it, and I repeat, sit in the back if you have some issues. And issues – I mean back problems – or anxiety lol. Just kidding. We sat a few rows up and I am glad I wasn’t able to see anything! It was a wild ride.
On the way to our first stop, we were given some history of the island and the first people that settled there, the wildlife, etc. Ingrid was our host and she was awesome! We then stopped and got to get out of the boat and got acquainted with the star fish. And yes, they are real (am I the only one that read reviews questioning this?!) We were served some drinks (rum and coke or juice) and after a while we boarded up.
Our second stop was the small town of Mano Juan. And if you are like me and scour the net for every picture known to man; it is just as pictured. We had a wonderful lunch. And actually the fish was probably some of the best I have had – it was delish. I stayed behind with my friend and went swimming while the rest of the gang got the tour of the village. ( I had my heart set on the baby sea turtles, and we were too early ) But I did get to see a giant pig under the dock playing in the ocean water! Pretty neat!
After lunch we packed up and went to Canto de la Playa. Sigh. I can close my eyes and still picture it. It was in one word: breathtaking. There was only one other small boat there – we basically had the place to ourselves. The water was such a beautiful blue, the swaying palm trees, the white sands – it honestly was a real life Corona commercial. Half our group went snorkeling (which I heard was awesome by the way). I chose to hang out in the water and have some more rum. It was so relaxing.
We hung out for a few hours and they drug everyone back on board, kidding. (honestly I wish they left me there lol) and we set out for the ride home. The scenery of the island whizzing by was just gorgeous.
I would definitely recommend this trip – it was by far the highlight of our stay. I cannot say enough pleasant things about Seavis and their services. Don’t think twice about booking this trip. I will remember this trip forever. Thank you!!

2  Thank jaxinorlando