“Just Amazing !”
Review of SeavisTours

SeavisTours
Ranked #1 of 44 Tours in Bayahibe
More attraction details
Owner description: SeavisTours (Bayahibe, Dominican Republic) is a small independent tour operator and specializes in Eco Adventures: small groups, remote places, no crowds, no "booze cruises" and a lot of attention to nature.... The Parque Nacional del Este includes 3 Islands: Saona, Catalinita and Catalina. We have an Eco-Adventure to each of the three islands. All our tours are guided by a multi-lingual and knowledgeable guide. Quality and personal attention are guaranteed. Have a nice holiday!
Useful Information: Activities for older children
Reviewed January 27, 2013

Dominican republic on January 2013....
So beautiful.....
I found Seavis Tour on the net few months ago before leaving...for 3 excursions: Saona Crusoe VIP,Santo Domingo and Jungle Eco Tour ! Their website is very well made !

In every excursions, we were in small groups, it is much more pleasant to visit !

First excursion on Saona:
Our guides, Louis and Cisco, are passionate people, so nice,knowledgeable...They are always for your listening and answer your questions with great pleasure
Mano Juan and Canto de la Playa are heaven on Earth,we set in our handsstarfishes, ate spiny lobsters....whaouuuu !

In Santo-Domingo we leaved with our guide Rodolpho in the colonial zone ! Just an amazing day,we visited caves, the cathedral, fortress, factory of Larimar, took a Dominican lunch and to taste(savour) cigars.... The visits are very complete and enriching, we see many things !

The third, the jungle eco tour: thanks again to Cisco.... beautiful landscapes,boat on the river,explanations on the flora, delicious dishes,snorkeling on caves submarine ... I cannot tell everything :)
But if i had an advice, go on excursions with Seavis tour, Your days will be unforgettable !
Thanks Ingrid and all of your team !!!!!!

Reviewed January 24, 2013

During our Carnival Cruise this year, La Romana, Domincian Republic was our second stop. I attempted to find an excursion that would encompass our love of the beach with some snorkeling at a reasonable price. I was at the point of failure, when by luck I found SeavisTours who operates out of Bayahibe, Dominican Republic. Bayahibe is only a 25 minute ride from the cruise ship port in La Romana, and they have a great excursion for cruise ship passengers.

The Saona Special was created for cruise ship passengers to meet their time in port. Ingrid with the Seavis office was very helpful with my questions concerning the trip. We corresponded through e-mail and she always replied very promptly.

Upon exiting the cruise ship, we found the taxi company representative who had our names on a list. We, and several other families from the ship, were placed onto a 16 person mini-bus for the 25-minute ride to Bayahibe. After paying for the excursion at the Seavis office on the beach, my wife and I purchased some of the local beer from the cantina immediately adjacent to the Seavis office while my son had his picture taken with the pet boa. We all loaded into the speed boat and headed for the island of Saona which is also a National Park.

The ride to the island was approximately 30-minutes and the boat was moving fast, so holding your hat would be a very prudent decision. Seavis is not the only company who runs tours to this island, so there were boats arriving and departing the whole time we were at the island. The island has a nice sand beach and there is a collapsed pier that creates structure if you like to snorkel. You will find schools of fish in the pier rubble further from shore. We had lunch, went for a swim, snorkeled the pier area, and relaxed on the beach for a good 2 ½ hours. There were shops selling clothing, etc. scattered throughout the area, and two ladies were giving massages. We didn’t have anyone approach us attempting to sell items.

The return trip was very leisurely. First we went for a tour through the mangrove area as our tour host, I think it was Robert, discussed the importance of the mangroves as a fish nursery and protection during severe storms. The next stop was a shallow sandbar where we all disembarked the boat to wade searching for starfish or to just sit in the shallow water. This area was full of starfish, and Robert gave the children quite a presentation on the starfish. As the children were engaged with the starfish, the adults were sitting in the shallow water enjoying rum drinks, rum cake, and rum soaked pineapple. Definitely a “Rum” pattern to this stop. Obviously, with the 85 degree weather, the warm water, and the rum, it was difficult to convince everyone that it was time to board the boat. After some cajoling from Robert, and numerous stern looks from the passengers on the other boat that were already seated wearing their life vests---they obviously didn’t have sufficient rum---we all begrudgingly boarded our boat. We slowed one last time near some caves on the shoreline as Robert gave us the history of the island and the indigenous people.

Upon returning to the launch point, our taxi was waiting for us. We arrived back at the cruise ship port with plenty of time before the ship’s scheduled departure. Seavis ran a very good tour from beginning to end, and I thought the excursion price with the roundtrip taxi fare was an excellent value for everything that was included in this tour. I was very concerned when I first attempted to find an excursion in La Romana, because of the many negative reviews of the other tours. I was very lucky to find SeavisTours and this excursion for my family.

10  Thank Gregory B
Reviewed January 24, 2013

What a great day! Our guide Carol was awesome. Boat ride to Sasona Island to the beach. Only complaint the beach was rocky, bring water shoes. Lunch was good, only soda and rum, bring a water bottle. After lunch, beach time! After about an hour off to the mangrove forest on our way to spend time in a natural pool with starfish:) best part of the day ....Rum punch and rum cake!!!!!!! They got us back in plenty of time to be back onboard the ship.

3  Thank tgiberson
Reviewed January 23, 2013

Had an excellent tour with Seavis on our trip to the Dominican Republic on the Carnival Freedom. The tour was informative, the food was tasty and the sights of the coast of the islands was breathtaking. I never new the Dominican Republic was so beautiful. The island of Saona is a paradise of palm trees, white sand and ocean breezes. Our guides Carlos and Silvia were very friendly, knowledgeable and made the day one of the best tours we have ever taken. I recommend using them to anyone.

Reviewed January 21, 2013

We recently stopped in DR while on the Carnival Breeze and after doing a lot of research decided to take a tour with Seavis. I worked with Ingrid at Seavis for months prior to our trip and she couldn't have been more pleasant to work with. Since the cruise was to celebrate my parents 50th Wedding Anniversary and there were 18 of us we really wanted to do some special excursions with the whole group.

After a lot of research we decided one of the group excursions would be with Seavis. What a great decision that was! It was quite possible the best excursion we have ever been on.

Once we were in Bayahibe we were thrilled to find out that Kirsten would be our tour guide. We had decided to charter a boat just for our group so that we would have some control over the plan for the day. Kirsten made us feel extremely comfortable that her job was not only to make sure we had a great day but also to get us back to the ship on time. There were some folks in our group that were a bit concerned with that. Within the first 5 minutes those fears were put to rest and we were able to have a great day.

The highlight was the time we spent at Isla Saona. What a beautiful spot to spend the day. Everything about it was fantastic. The beach, the barbecue, the rum!.... Kirsten worked with us to spend more time there and cut out the time at the sand bar. Since there were a bunch of 70 somethings with us that wouldn't have done much at the sand bar the extra time spent at the beach was a great alternative.

After visiting many ports on our cruises I've always said it was the ports where we met wonderful people that were the best. Because of Ingrid and Kirsten we will always remember our time in the Dominican Republic as one of our best excursions!

2  Thank Carl_Menard