“Amazing Day!”
Review of SeavisTours

SeavisTours
Ranked #1 of 44 Tours in Bayahibe
More attraction details
Owner description: SeavisTours (Bayahibe, Dominican Republic) is a small independent tour operator and specializes in Eco Adventures: small groups, remote places, no crowds, no "booze cruises" and a lot of attention to nature.... The Parque Nacional del Este includes 3 Islands: Saona, Catalinita and Catalina. We have an Eco-Adventure to each of the three islands. All our tours are guided by a multi-lingual and knowledgeable guide. Quality and personal attention are guaranteed. Have a nice holiday!
Useful Information: Activities for older children
Reviewed November 6, 2012

I am so glad we chose Seavis! We were online before our trip, looking at tours. There was "another company" offering what appeared to be the same tour, for the same price, but not charging for transportation. I went back and forth, but something told me to pick Seavis. We booked online with Ingrid, no deposit required. I am so glad I did. my husband, myself, as well as my 72 & 75 year old in-laws went on the 2 island tour. On a side note, we had been told on a TA forum that sunscreen was provided by our hotel by a few people, but maybe that's only in the high season. The gift shop wanted $30 for a very small bottle. I though maybe there would be a shop in Bayahibe, so we waited. The bus was very prompt, the driver friendly and the ride was comfortable, not short but not too long. When we got there, we unloaded and were shown to the Seavis offices. We paid for our trip and were introduced to our guides, Carole and Ray, who helped fit us with swim fins. While we did this, I explained our sunscreen dilemma to Carole and asked if there was a shop close by where I could by a small bottle. She explained there was no need, as she had plenty! I offered to give her a few dollars, for a new bottle and she laughed, telling me not to be silly! She was happy to share what she had. So we all got on board a boat, and headed down the coast. We stopped along the way and saw many things, Carole was excellent! She explained so much and always answered any questions. Then we went snorkeling, this was amazing! Ray is like a fish himself! He found an American Ray and took us all down to see a nurse shark sleeping up close in a cave! Then we went to Saona Island for our amazing included lunch, which is where I saw the "other companies" tour. Wow, not at all the same thing. Don't be fooled. They dropped them off on the other side of the island and left them for dead with a bunch of vendors and said they would come back for them later. They could snorkel Saona Island for a few hours. Our guides stayed with us the whole time, we saw the star fish at the natural pool and learned all about them as well. It was a fabulous day. Carole was full of information, the whole team was really just the best! Knowing what I know now, I wish we had booked the jungle tour, too! When we go back to the Dominican Republic, it will be to Bayahibe, just to be closer to the gang at Seavis!

2  Thank LPurfield

Reviewed November 5, 2012

A fantastic trip. We were collected from our hotel and Luis gave a great commentary on the way to the departure point.
The whole day was well organised and the highlight for us was the barbeque lunch on the beach.

We learnt that not everyone is as fortunate as us as we toured the little village and saw the very basic clinic for the the islanders.

The final part of the day spending a couple of hours on the white sandy bay was just brilliant.

The whole trip was great value and we hope we can revisit next time we go to the Dominican Republic.

3  Thank westcountryman61
Reviewed November 4, 2012

This tour group definitely keeps the family run feel to things, while also incorporating such huge ideas! I absolutely loved everyone who worked for them, both as staff and as people.

We started off with the Star Fish in the piscine natural. I was impressed with how conscientious they were for these beautiful creatures!

The village of Mano Juan was also fascinating to see. These people live with so little, but do so much. The sea turtle conservation area was worth the tour all on it's own. We were lucky enough to be able to see a group of new hatchlings while we were there. My favourite part!

The lunch was fantastic and beautifully laid out. Passionate about food, indeed.

Then on to the snorkelling!

With effects from Hurricane Sandy still visible, the water wasn't as clear as could be hoped, but we still got to see some cool coral fish, small jelly fish, and a stingray. This was my first time snorkelling, and I was so happy with it! Definitely a great trip for beginners. (I am not the most water worthy and was able to handle the small tide easily.)

If I am ever in the Dominican again, no matter what part, I will definitely be doing another tour through Seavis! Thanks guys!

Reviewed October 27, 2012

Super excursion, It was amazing! I reccommend using Seavis!!staff was friendly, professional and very knowledgeable! ! Special thanks to Carole and Ray! You did a great job!!!Great experience!

Reviewed October 26, 2012

On holiday with my husband and our 15 yr old grandson who was doing the PADI open water dive course with GriGri divers so we booked through them for the 7 in 1 trip. We were so pleased when we got to the meeting point at Bayahibe and found that it was Seavis as we had had a trip with them 2 years ago this month and I recognised Marion as soon as I saw her, I knew then that we would have a wonderful day. Our guide for the day was Carole, it was nice to find a fellow scot so I didn't have to speak slowly....us Scots tend to speak way too quickly. Carole knows so much about the area, the culture, history, wildlife and made it so easy to listen to.........some guides have the facts but deliver them in such boring way that you tend to tune out. Even our grandson was interested.............of course the fact that Carole is young, slim, blonde and gorgeous probably helped!! We asked Carole a lot about her life and the places she had visited and worked and she was more than happy to chat and encourage Josh at 15 to work hard and make happen all the things he wants to do especially now he has finished and passed the dive course. She has really inspired him and this is great as teenagers need good role models. We have travelled a lot and had many trips with bbq lunch on the beach.......this was definitely the best one. We also had Ray on the trip with us, another Seavis employee who is funny, friendly, swims better than anyone I've met before and was another inspiration for Josh. You havn't lived until you have stood in the caribbean sea, drinking rum and coke and laughing and talking with all the friends you have made on the trip..........nobody drunk or troublesome as everyone was just high on life and the enjoyment of a fabulous trip. I am so glad that we were not on the same trip as the people whose review indicated that the world should be sterilised for them as they would have spoiled it for everyone. Seavis you are the best and I will be sending a personal email to you to say thanks and give my details so that if anyone wants more info about how we enjoyed your trips this time and 2 years ago you will be able to pass my details to them and I will be happy to speak with them or email them. Until next time.