“Saona VIP Tour”

$49.00*
and up
Tanama Wonders of Nature
More attraction details
Owner description: SeavisTours (Bayahibe, Dominican Republic) is a small independent tour operator and specializes in Eco Adventures: small groups, remote places, no crowds, no "booze cruises" and a lot of attention to nature.... The Parque Nacional del Este includes 3 Islands: Saona, Catalinita and Catalina. We have an Eco-Adventure to each of the three islands. All our tours are guided by a multi-lingual and knowledgeable guide. Quality and personal attention are guaranteed. Have a nice holiday!
Useful Information: Activities for older children
Reviewed November 4, 2012

This tour group definitely keeps the family run feel to things, while also incorporating such huge ideas! I absolutely loved everyone who worked for them, both as staff and as people.

We started off with the Star Fish in the piscine natural. I was impressed with how conscientious they were for these beautiful creatures!

The village of Mano Juan was also fascinating to see. These people live with so little, but do so much. The sea turtle conservation area was worth the tour all on it's own. We were lucky enough to be able to see a group of new hatchlings while we were there. My favourite part!

The lunch was fantastic and beautifully laid out. Passionate about food, indeed.

Then on to the snorkelling!

With effects from Hurricane Sandy still visible, the water wasn't as clear as could be hoped, but we still got to see some cool coral fish, small jelly fish, and a stingray. This was my first time snorkelling, and I was so happy with it! Definitely a great trip for beginners. (I am not the most water worthy and was able to handle the small tide easily.)

If I am ever in the Dominican again, no matter what part, I will definitely be doing another tour through Seavis! Thanks guys!

Write a ReviewReviews (2,884)
All reviews
"sand bar"
in 38 reviews
"fruit"
in 53 reviews
"pirates of the caribbean"
in 17 reviews

Reviewed October 27, 2012

Super excursion, It was amazing! I reccommend using Seavis!!staff was friendly, professional and very knowledgeable! ! Special thanks to Carole and Ray! You did a great job!!!Great experience!

Reviewed October 26, 2012

On holiday with my husband and our 15 yr old grandson who was doing the PADI open water dive course with GriGri divers so we booked through them for the 7 in 1 trip. We were so pleased when we got to the meeting point at Bayahibe and found that it was Seavis as we had had a trip with them 2 years ago this month and I recognised Marion as soon as I saw her, I knew then that we would have a wonderful day. Our guide for the day was Carole, it was nice to find a fellow scot so I didn't have to speak slowly....us Scots tend to speak way too quickly. Carole knows so much about the area, the culture, history, wildlife and made it so easy to listen to.........some guides have the facts but deliver them in such boring way that you tend to tune out. Even our grandson was interested.............of course the fact that Carole is young, slim, blonde and gorgeous probably helped!! We asked Carole a lot about her life and the places she had visited and worked and she was more than happy to chat and encourage Josh at 15 to work hard and make happen all the things he wants to do especially now he has finished and passed the dive course. She has really inspired him and this is great as teenagers need good role models. We have travelled a lot and had many trips with bbq lunch on the beach.......this was definitely the best one. We also had Ray on the trip with us, another Seavis employee who is funny, friendly, swims better than anyone I've met before and was another inspiration for Josh. You havn't lived until you have stood in the caribbean sea, drinking rum and coke and laughing and talking with all the friends you have made on the trip..........nobody drunk or troublesome as everyone was just high on life and the enjoyment of a fabulous trip. I am so glad that we were not on the same trip as the people whose review indicated that the world should be sterilised for them as they would have spoiled it for everyone. Seavis you are the best and I will be sending a personal email to you to say thanks and give my details so that if anyone wants more info about how we enjoyed your trips this time and 2 years ago you will be able to pass my details to them and I will be happy to speak with them or email them. Until next time.

Reviewed October 25, 2012

Booked this tour directly with Seavis, instead of thru Carnival. It is about $20pp cheaper to book yourself. Carnival's tour does not include the buffet lunch either. Carnival actually cancelled their trip on our port day.

It was easy to meet the taxi person. We have 20 people in our group, so they offered a 10% discount. They asked 1 person collect the $$ and give it to the cashier.

We were assigned Boat #3 with Robert as the guide. He was excellent. I was sitting in the back of the boat on the way out, so we chatted with Robert much of the way. It was not as calm as normal (huriccane had gone near by a few days earier), so the boat ride was bouncy.
We stopped at a few places on the way to the island. Robert would explain some local history and interesting facts.

When we got to the island, the it was not calm there either. Some of the older members of our group had a challenge to get in and out of the boat, but it worked. The water was warm, but cloudy, so snorkelling was out. Since it was warm, we hung out in the water.

The buffet lunch was superb. The food was tasty, fresh and local. Everyone enjoyed the food, beer and rum drinks. How can you go wrong with rum?

We also talked to the owners daughter, who was a guide on another boat. She was very professional and explained the island to us and what we could do. She was very helpful as was all the staff. They are happy to help and make sure you enjoy your day. I cannot think of a thing they could have done better.

1  Thank hermrc