“Held a STARFISH; even enjoyed the "office" too”
Review of SeavisTours

SeavisTours
Ranked #1 of 41 Tours in Bayahibe
More attraction details
Owner description: SeavisTours (Bayahibe, Dominican Republic) is a small independent tour operator and specializes in Eco Adventures: small groups, remote places, no crowds, no "booze cruises" and a lot of attention to nature.... The Parque Nacional del Este includes 3 Islands: Saona, Catalinita and Catalina. We have an Eco-Adventure to each of the three islands. All our tours are guided by a multi-lingual and knowledgeable guide. Quality and personal attention are guaranteed. Have a nice holiday!
Useful Information: Activities for older children
Dousman, Wisconsin
4 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 9 helpful votes
“Held a STARFISH; even enjoyed the "office" too”
Reviewed October 2, 2012

Fabulous full day (early pick up at hotel until suppertime), well worth the price (we pd approx $240USD for two).

Really wanted to see the starfish and were a bit disappointed when they called and cancelled our excursion (not enough reservations that day). But quickly remedied when Ingrid (from Seavis) called and offered us a replacement tour. It featured the starfish too! yay!

A scenic drive 30-minute ride from our hotel in Punta Cana to Bayahibe included a view of the mountains, sugarcane fields (we called them "rum fields"), and local life. Arriving in Bayahibe we were greeted by our team and then, within minutes, our small, intimate group was on our way. The "cap-EE-tan" gave us a thrill ride as we headed to the protected mangroves, the conch graveyard, the frigat mating grounds (awesome male birds that have large red inflatable membranes near their throats), a private beach, and the area where the Caribbean meets the Ocean. The snorkeling was awesome - first timers even enjoyed the experience! Carlos and Sting-Ray were patient with us and gave great instructions. For people like me (mid- to late-50s), it was reassuring to hear we could use our life vests if we wanted. Just made it a bit more relaxing and enjoyable for me. ha! Who knew all that beauty was right below me. *smile*

Ate a fabulous buffet lunch that featured local foods, beverages (rum too!, all included in the price of the excursion) and then spent time on a pristine beach. Then, another fun boat ride. In the clear, still, waist deep waters we stopped to view star fish and sea cucumbers. Snapped a lot of great pictures and held them in our hands. We topped it off with a Happy Hour - right in the Caribbean. What a hoot! They had a floating bar! Then back to the "office" for our last surprise... an friendly encounter with a boa constrictor and tarantula. Took a lot of pictures at no extra cost. L-o-v-e it.

1 Thank Joyce O

Mukwonago, Wisconsin
3 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 8 helpful votes
“Seavis made it my best birthday ever!!”
Reviewed September 28, 2012

September 26, 2012 What a fantastic day it turned out to be, I'll always treasure!! Our original reservation had been cancelled and the owner did her best to contact us prior. We were notified the morning of the adventure and I am so happy that were offered another excurtion. My sister treated me to the two island, snorkeling adventure. We learned so much from our guide, Carlos. The crew did a great job with accomidating all of us with the boat, equipment, destinations and supervision. After a delicious home made lunch, they surprised me with a birthday cake, coconut drink, both decorated with flowers and everyone joined in with a happy birthday song. Later we spent time on the beach, snorkeled more and ended the perfect day with beverages in the caribbean waters. Lots of memories with first time snorkeling, had fresh clam that Ray (StringRay) dove for and Carlos cleaned. Seen many different species in the reafs and swear I even saw an octopus! No language barriers with our guide, made freinds I'll keep in contact with. Will be sharing my experience with many and would reccomend this agency to anyone traveling to the Dominican. Looking forward for the DVD of the day we spent with Seavis and freinds. These guys are real naturals when it comes to being eco freindly and nature lovers-Ask for Carlos-he's the best!

2 Thank MaryWarner
Panama City, Florida
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 17 helpful votes
“Best cruise excursion at La Romana, DR”
Reviewed September 25, 2012

Our large cruise group chose Seavis Tours for our excursion in the port of La Romana. The staff was very accomodating as our group count changed many times. Ingred was very quick to answer questions and respond to email inquiries.

When our ship arrived, we met Bernice near the taxi stands. She arranged our transportation and off we went to Bayahibe. The 20 minute or so drive was enjoyable on new, modern roads. Upon arrival in Bayahibe, we lined up at the office and everyone paid. Many of us bought hats from the local vendors.

After some slight initial confision, our group all ended up together in the lovely Kirsten's group. On shore, she introduced us to her awesome dog Zion who accompanied us in the boat and on the tour. Kirsten is a very nice, friendly & knowledgable tour guide. She loves her job and you can tell that she is very passionate about it. We got loaded up into the speed boat and were whisked away towards Saona Island. In addition to Kirsten, there was the boat captain & his assistant, who both did a great job.

I was a lot of fun going very fast in the speed boat. The scenery was amazing and the water so blue. Along the way we Kirsten gave us information about the local ecological system & the mangroves. We got to see the dramatic change in water color where the Atlantic meets the Caribeean.

Upon arrival on Saona Island, many in our group went snorkeling. Others went swimming and the rest enjoyed the beach & sun. It wasn't long before the bar was open and the rum started flowing. After about an hour, a super island-style buffet lunch was served. Pork & chicken cooked on a grill, rice & beans, macaroni salad, slaw, cut tropical fruit, etc. We stayed for perhaps an hour after lunch, then loaded back up in the boat.

We stopped at an off-shore sandbar, which is inhabited by large starfish. We got to interact with the starfish & swin here for close to another hour. After that we were sped back to Bayahibe, then shuttled back to the port.

I have been on A LOT of cruise excursions, and this rates right up there with the very best. It is very reasonably priced and I highly recommend this tour.

Everyone loved Kirsten. I am cruising to La Romana again with another large group in May. I can't wait to see Kirsten & Zion again!

2 Thank uscgamecock2001
Waltham, Massachusetts
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 2 helpful votes
“My first snorkeling experience!”
Reviewed September 15, 2012

As soon as we got off the ship we head to the far part of the parking lot to wait for our cab. They do speak Spanish only, not a problem for me, though. We got to the spot where we were supposed to board the speed boat to Saona Island. Our guide was beautiful Kirsten, who was very accommodating. As everyone expressed interested on her dog Zion, she asked us if it was alright to bring her along. Zion was one of the highlights of the trip. Sailed towards caves on the shore, fossilized tree trunks on the sea, mangroves until we got to our destination. Kirsten was very informative and prompt. At the island, snorkeling equipment was provided and for the first time, with nobody watching or pestering me I tried. Was outstanding! Some people had massages on the beach, which I regretfully didn't do it. The lunch was great, simple and delicious, the pork chops were the best ones I ever had. There was a cat around and he attacked Zion a couple of times and it was a lot of fun to see everyone protecting the dog. The cat was very friendly with humans though. Don't worry if you don't like animals, they will remove them if you are bothered, but it was great to have them around, since I am an animal lover. After all the food, the rum, sodas and juices, we left for the sand dune called Piscina Natural, where we were given rum, coke, juice, cake and the best pineapple ever. We also got to hold Starfish and chat with Kirsten, who made sure everyone was having a great time. On our way back from Bayahibe to the port, I chatted with our driver, who told me the highway was brand new, just a month or so been used, and even showed where the old road used to be. Got great tips from him for when I get back to D.R. After this great day, I really just want to go there again, to the Southern part of the country. Loved it!

2 Thank medusastelaT
Reno, Nevada
9 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 12 helpful votes
“Saona Island trip with Seavis”
Reviewed September 13, 2012

Loved our day with Seavis tours! Saona Island was truely beautiful and our tour guide was fantastic. We had Carlos. We also had the photographer take pictures for us. For $40 we got a CD with all of her shots (there were many) and I thought it was a great deal and great pictures! Loved it! I saw an octopus while snorkeling in the bay off of the island. Highlight of my trip!

Visited August 2012