“First time diving experience was Perfect with these Guys!”

Diving Dominican Republic
More attraction details
Recommended length of visit: More than 3 hours
Owner description: Family run PADI certified dive boat operation in Bayahibe, on the Caribbean coast of Dominican Republic, specializing in private scuba diving, scuba lessons and trips. The schedule is done completely by the clients (weather / sea conditions apply). For about the same price you can enjoy scuba diving and trips only with your family or group of friends. You’ll choose the dive sites, make your own schedule, nobody will rush anywhere. We do not limit the dive times, the only limitation is the air, bottom time and the weather / the sea conditions.
Reviewed June 22, 2014

It was my first time diving and I was incredibly nervous. My diving instructor, Pierre, was super friendly, knowledgeable and very patient and calming. He also has an eye for the best fish and sea life underwater which was very much appreciated! I loved diving so much after my first time; I went diving the following two days with these guys! The whole crew at Sharky’s Dive Shop is friendly and personable while still maintaining professionalism. I would highly recommend diving with Sharky's! Thanks to my experience I am now a diver for life!

4  Thank Courtney L
Vladi54, Owner at Diving Dominican Republic, responded to this reviewResponded November 6, 2014

Thanks for the review. The first diving experience is very important, that usually decides if the person becomes a scuba diver or not. Keep on diving safely.

Reviewed June 11, 2014

This was a trip that my now fiance and I will never forget.

After reading the other reviews on the site we knew this place was going to be a no brainier. We planned the whole vacation around scuba.

We just finished our open water dive pool and online classes prior to coming to Dominican.

The other reviewer said to stay at the Dreams - La Romana resort which was perfect as well. It was just a short 5-10 minute walk to the dive shop from the resort which was perfect.

The reefs where we were taken has a lot of cool fish and animals to see. The 2 instructors for our certification dives kept a good eye on us to ensure nothing was going wrong and were great with instructions. It was a great time.

A surprise that Vlad, Denise and I planned was I was going to propose to my girlfriend underwater, which had a few technical difficulties but all turned out GREAT! She said YES! We spent the rest of the day after at the beach/water of Sauna Island, which perfect and picturesque place to stay after the proposal.

Both of us could not have been happier with team or the experience. Thank you Sharky's Team!

4  Thank Rahul P

Thank you for the review and for allowing us to be part of your special moment. Yes, we were nervous too, but at the end all was great. Congratulations again and keep diving safely. Hope to see you back scuba diving in Bayahibe again one day.

Reviewed June 9, 2014

If you are considering a dive trip to the DR then you need look no further than Sharky’s in Bayahibe. My wife and I booked a five day, ten dive package with them and from the very first email several months before our trip, everything went smoothly. We had arranged to meet Denise on our first day of diving, we were collected on time with our large bag of dive kit and driven to the dive shop. On subsequent days we just strolled along the beach to the bustling little square in Bayahibe town. Every day our dive kit was set up for us, we just had to turn up, put on our wet suits and boots and go aboard the boat. Nothing appeared too much trouble for Vlad and Denise. Most dive sites are within a 15 to 20 minute boat ride away. We were briefed and always entertained by Vlad, helped with our BCDs by captain Gato who was also always there to assist with getting back on to the boat from the beautiful Caribbean sea. The reefs are very pretty, the corals very healthy and there is an abundance of varied sea life. We enjoyed our time with Vlad and his team very much, my wife was even confident enough with Vlad to complete her very first night dive. We had such a great time diving, we booked a subsequent day trip to Saona Island a great day out) with five other non divers from our party and then a further days diving before we left. All of our kit was washed and dried for us (twice) and Vlad drove us back to our hotel at the end of our trip. We cannot recommend Vlad and the Sharky’s team (Denise, Gato, Pierre and Sandrine) highly enough and would definitely dive (or sight-see) with them again should we return to the DR.

Thank you so much for this great review. From the first moment it was fun great fun to have you, we can still see your wife's smiling face. She has never stopped laughing, under the water or on the surface :) We really hope you will come back one day for some more fun dives.
Thanks again for scuba diving with Sharky's Crew

Reviewed June 2, 2014

A group of 3 divers and 3 snorkelers had a wonderful day with Pierre and Luis. Pierre is very knowledgeable and friendly (and patient!) Denise was easy to work with via email. They were able to accommodate 2 of our group that needed their last two open dives to be scuba certified. Thank you all very much.

Thanks for the review, it was great to have you, hope to see you back for more diving in Bayahibe.

Reviewed May 15, 2014

From the very beginning, we knew we were in good hands. Denise made sure everything was in order with the temporary transition since Jerry (the new owner) was unavailable, and she never stopped making sure that everything was just right.

Vlad and Pierre make excellent guides, and are always willing to offer more than just the basic dive briefing. Entertaining and extremely knowledgeable, they know the area, the people, are care about what they do.

Gato, while quiet, can drive a boat like nobody's business. Dive buoy missing? No problems because he can put you right where you need to be...

I could go on and on about how together this group makes one of the best run dive operations I've ever seen, but it would take forever to type. Bottom line: if you are in Bayahibe, this is the very best experience you could ask for.

2  Thank Brad132

Thanks for the review, it was fun to have you guys! When you plan your next scuba vacation in Bayahibe (we hope it will be soon!!! ), you know where to find us.
Thank you for booking with Sharky's Crew