“The best dive shop!”

Diving Dominican Republic
More attraction details
Recommended length of visit: More than 3 hours
Owner description: Family run PADI certified dive boat operation in Bayahibe, on the Caribbean coast of Dominican Republic, specializing in private scuba diving, scuba lessons and trips. The schedule is done completely by the clients (weather / sea conditions apply). For about the same price you can enjoy scuba diving and trips only with your family or group of friends. You’ll choose the dive sites, make your own schedule, nobody will rush anywhere. We do not limit the dive times, the only limitation is the air, bottom time and the weather / the sea conditions.
Reviewed October 10, 2013

We just finished 4 days of diving with Sharky's and the experience was awesome! Jerry, Vlad and the rest of the crew are top notch and really go out of their way to make the trip special and memorable for you. Since they have their own dive boat, you will have a much better time and be more relaxed than you will being herded onto a big boat with 20+ other divers like the other dive operators do.
We also did a day trip with the crew and our 2 kids and they loved it.
highly recommended!

demi56, Manager at Diving Dominican Republic, responded to this reviewResponded October 18, 2013

Thank you for a nice review, it was great to have you and the family diving with us. It's always nice to have happy clients that enjoy the diving and /or trips and have a nice time. That is what vacations are all about.
Thanks again for booking with us, hope to see you for more scuba diving in Bayahibe area

Reviewed October 3, 2013

Best people, friendly; had a great time... My last experience on scuba diving was so threatening and deadly; this time it was super easy, because of them... I would love to visit there again with my family next time.

Thanks for the review, hope to see you in Bayahibe with the family in the future

Reviewed October 2, 2013

I am a dive instructor, originally from Monterey California where I was certified in 1972, I've been around the block. I was blown away by the dive we did with Sharky's. The equipment was all top of the line Cresi for rental gear. The equipment is meticulously maintained and the overall operation was VERY professional. My girlfriend had done her open water several years ago in Belize so I had arranged for a refresher for her and Nick, her instructor, did a wonderful job in getting her comfortable and ready to dive. The dive itself was outstanding with Nick pointing out marine life and maximizing the experience we had. Not only do we have a go to dive operation for the DR but we have new friends. THANK YOU Vlad, Denice, Nick and Gerry. See ya i the spring!

ian

3  Thank Ian S
demi56, Manager at Diving Dominican Republic, responded to this reviewResponded October 3, 2013

Thank you so much for a nice review Ian, it's especially great to hear this from a scuba instructor with many years of experience. And yes, it's also about meeting new friends :) Hope to see you back for more diving soon!
Thanks again for booking with us

Reviewed September 8, 2013

We are seasoned divers and have been to some of the best spots around world, and Sharkey's is the BEST! Vlad and Denise run a top-notch shop with a professional, friendly staff. In the hurry of leaving, a regulator and computer was left behind (go figure). Once we arrived, Vlad had what we needed to dive, dive, dive. 9 dives in 3 days! The reefs are healthy and the water is clear. Our favorite dive was The St. George ( a must see) , which was followed by an 80 minute reef dive. Nice surface interval. Our dive master, Nick was great, giving us such personal attention, that we didn't have to lift a finger. He was knowledgeable about the sites and we always felt safe. Our gear was taken care of each day and there waiting for us, ready to go the next. The service offered here is amazing! No worries, just relax, breath and dive. We're spoiled for life. I wish much success and happiness to all the fine folks at Sharkey's. Blessings!

1  Thank David S
demi56, Manager at Diving Dominican Republic, responded to this reviewResponded September 10, 2013

Thank you so much for a very nice review. Nice to hear great things about us especially from experienced divers as you guys. It was fun to have you scuba diving in Bayahibe with us, hope to see you back for more.
Thanks again for booking with us

Reviewed August 29, 2013

It is rare that I treat myself to such an adventure as Sharky's.
I was able to work the diving into a business trip! Or perhaps this was a diving trip that was partially financed by business?

Vlad & Denise are awesome and run a top rate shop. Denise helped arrange lodging and a pickup at the airport. The diving was one-on-one with just myself and the Dive Master.

A++ trip and experience.
Check out my video on Vimeo (still learning GoPro2 camera).

Cheers,
Loyd.

demi56, Manager at Diving Dominican Republic, responded to this reviewResponded August 31, 2013

Thanks Loyd for a nice review, it's never too late to post :) Great video by the way! All divers coming to our area first time should watch to see what to expect while scuba diving in Bayahibe Dominican republic.

Thanks again for booking with us, hope to see you back one day with the family too.