“One of the best experience” 5 of 5 bubbles
Review of Diving Dominican Republic

Diving Dominican Republic
More attraction details
Recommended length of visit: More than 3 hours
Owner description: Family ran PADI certified dive boat operation in Bayahibe, on the Caribbean coast of Dominican Republic, specializing in private scuba diving, scuba lessons and trips. The schedule is done completely by the clients (weather / sea conditions apply). For about the same price you can enjoy scuba diving and trips only with your family or group of friends. You’ll choose the dive sites, make your own schedule, nobody will rush anywhere. We do not limit the dive times, the only limitation is the air, bottom time and the weather / the sea conditions.
Kathmandu
“One of the best experience”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 3, 2013

Best people, friendly; had a great time... My last experience on scuba diving was so threatening and deadly; this time it was super easy, because of them... I would love to visit there again with my family next time.

Visited October 2013
demi56, Manager at Diving Dominican Republic, responded to this review, October 18, 2013
Thanks for the review, hope to see you in Bayahibe with the family in the future

• Slovak first
Colorado
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 3 helpful votes
“Dive Sharky's”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 2, 2013

I am a dive instructor, originally from Monterey California where I was certified in 1972, I've been around the block. I was blown away by the dive we did with Sharky's. The equipment was all top of the line Cresi for rental gear. The equipment is meticulously maintained and the overall operation was VERY professional. My girlfriend had done her open water several years ago in Belize so I had arranged for a refresher for her and Nick, her instructor, did a wonderful job in getting her comfortable and ready to dive. The dive itself was outstanding with Nick pointing out marine life and maximizing the experience we had. Not only do we have a go to dive operation for the DR but we have new friends. THANK YOU Vlad, Denice, Nick and Gerry. See ya i the spring!

ian

Visited September 2013
3 Thank Ian S
demi56, Manager at Diving Dominican Republic, responded to this review, October 3, 2013
Thank you so much for a nice review Ian, it's especially great to hear this from a scuba instructor with many years of experience. And yes, it's also about meeting new friends :) Hope to see you back for more diving soon!
Johns Creek, Georgia
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 5 helpful votes
“Sharkey's is the BEST!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 8, 2013

We are seasoned divers and have been to some of the best spots around world, and Sharkey's is the BEST! Vlad and Denise run a top-notch shop with a professional, friendly staff. In the hurry of leaving, a regulator and computer was left behind (go figure). Once we arrived, Vlad had what we needed to dive, dive, dive. 9 dives in 3 days! The reefs are healthy and the water is clear. Our favorite dive was The St. George ( a must see) , which was followed by an 80 minute reef dive. Nice surface interval. Our dive master, Nick was great, giving us such personal attention, that we didn't have to lift a finger. He was knowledgeable about the sites and we always felt safe. Our gear was taken care of each day and there waiting for us, ready to go the next. The service offered here is amazing! No worries, just relax, breath and dive. We're spoiled for life. I wish much success and happiness to all the fine folks at Sharkey's. Blessings!

Visited August 2013
1 Thank David S
demi56, Manager at Diving Dominican Republic, responded to this review, September 10, 2013
Thank you so much for a very nice review. Nice to hear great things about us especially from experienced divers as you guys. It was fun to have you scuba diving in Bayahibe with us, hope to see you back for more.
Seabrook, Texas
9 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 7 helpful votes
“Diving DR with Vlad & Denise”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 29, 2013

It is rare that I treat myself to such an adventure as Sharky's.
I was able to work the diving into a business trip! Or perhaps this was a diving trip that was partially financed by business?

Vlad & Denise are awesome and run a top rate shop. Denise helped arrange lodging and a pickup at the airport. The diving was one-on-one with just myself and the Dive Master.

A++ trip and experience.
Check out my video on Vimeo (still learning GoPro2 camera).

Cheers,
Loyd.

Visited April 2013
demi56, Manager at Diving Dominican Republic, responded to this review, August 31, 2013
Thanks Loyd for a nice review, it's never too late to post :) Great video by the way! All divers coming to our area first time should watch to see what to expect while scuba diving in Bayahibe Dominican republic.

Thanks again for booking with us, hope to see you back one day with the family too.
Bethlehem, Pennsylvania, United States
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 2 helpful votes
“We had the best experience as freshly-certified open water divers with Sharky's Crew :)”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 23, 2013

I am not surprised that Sharky's Dive Shop maintains 100% "excellent" reviews here. From the planning stages with Denise, to the actual dives, and everything in between, I have not one complaint about my family's experiences with this amazing establishment. My 16-year-old son and I were planning on going for our open water certs this past summer. I reached out to several people and did a great deal of research, and it was Denise who maintained steady contact with me and gave me honest, objective information and feedback about all of our choices. It was based on this information that we decided to obtain our certs at home and then do our first ocean dives with Sharky's (although doing the checkout dives with Sharky's would have been an incredible, safe, fun and stress-free experience, I personally would have been stressing with good ol' "test anxiety" on vacation, so this worked out best for me.) What I gathered from my first phone conversation with Denise, and throughout all of my email contact with her, was that she and her husband set out to provide a unique service to folks visiting their area who wanted to have a very personalized diving/snorkeling/boating experience, and they have successfully maintained this goal.

I knew that as a brand new diver, I was going to have a certain amount of anxiety about being certified and therefore "capable" of diving with my buddy, but not yet having the experience to really feel like we could handle any possible situation that may come our way at the bottom of the sea, and therefore I wanted us to have close supervision on our first dives. I did not want to be one of several other divers with one dive master who may or may not be able to keep a close eye on us. Denise assured me that we would have exactly what we needed and asked for, as they cater to private groups, and that we did! We planned 4 dives, two per morning, with my other son and my husband snorkeling above. We had such an amazing experience with each dive, that we added on two more dives when they were able to fit us in during an afternoon, and I wanted MORE!!! Nick (instructor) and Pierre (dive master in training) were incredible with us - they were both knowledgeable and experienced, kind, patient, funny. We could not have asked for a better team and I could not have felt more relaxed and safe for my first dives. I was anxious leading up to the first dive, but Vlad's humor and explanation of the dives helped, and then being on the boat with Captain Gato and Nick and Pierre was exciting. I knew that once I was down at the bottom I would be fine, and sure enough I was. I felt like I was "home". The visibility was 100 feet! Crystal clear water, amazing amount and variety of fish, coral, the reefs were very healthy and with Pierre in front and Nick in back, again, I could not have felt safer. Over the course of the six dives, we saw a large moray eel, observed and then swam behind a southern stingray, and did our first wreck dive. I was blown away by the sheer beauty surrounding me. We were able to stay down for 60 minutes each dive, and were told that we did great. Well, thanks to Nick and Pierre (and Vlad and Denise!) we really DID do great! We can see how this is the best way to dive...no matter the amount of experience you have...to be able to just have your own private group, and go for half a day or a full day, in a very relaxed, fun environment. The crew also took care of all the equipment, making it very easy to sit back and relax and enjoy the scenery and rides before, after and in between dives. And by the way, the snorkelers or our group walked away with plenty of smiles, too :)

A bonus is that both Denise and Vlad are very happy to chat and give plenty of information about the surrounding area. Denise had recommended Dreams La Romana, an all-inclusive resort, just a short walk down the beach from Sharky's. It worked out very well! The resort was beautiful, clean, great food and service, and it was wonderful to be able to walk along the beautiful beach to Sharky's and get a feel for the area. We also explored the small fishing village of Bayahibe and got a sense of the local culture, which is important to us. We took a short cab ride to Dominicus to do a little shopping - all of which were recommended by Denise. Next time we will explore further out in between plenty of dives with Sharky's! That time cannot come a minute too soon :)

Thank you SO much Denise, Vlad, Nick, Pierre and Gato: an amazing group of people, who care deeply about their clients, the sea, their country, and having FUN! Muchas gracias! Merci beaucoup!

Visited August 2013
2 Thank Patricia H
demi56, Manager at Diving Dominican Republic, responded to this review, August 27, 2013
WOW, this is probably the longest and most detailed review we've received. Thank you soooo much for taking your time to post it. I am pretty sure it will give great info to all divers and also all new visitors to Bayahibe and the area.
It was fun to have you and your family with us and sure hope we will see you back soon.