“Wonderful dive shop and dive sights”

Diving Dominican Republic
More attraction details
Recommended length of visit: More than 3 hours
Owner description: Family ran PADI certified dive boat operation in Bayahibe, on the Caribbean coast of Dominican Republic, specializing in private scuba diving, scuba lessons and trips. The schedule is done completely by the clients (weather / sea conditions apply). For about the same price you can enjoy scuba diving and trips only with your family or group of friends. You’ll choose the dive sites, make your own schedule, nobody will rush anywhere. We do not limit the dive times, the only limitation is the air, bottom time and the weather / the sea conditions.
3 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Wonderful dive shop and dive sights”
Reviewed August 6, 2013

Sharky's is the best! Vlad and Nick were our dive guides and they were great and very patient with our group. We went on six morning dives and one night dive. Some of our divers were very leery about the night dive but we all ended up enjoying it and had a great time thanks to our guides. The reefs were beautiful and we got to hold starfish, my favorite! Denise was very friendly and helped us so much. She knows everything about the area and was there every morning to see us off and every afternoon to welcome us back. I will definitely return to Sharky's!

Visited July 2013
demi56, Manager at Diving Dominican Republic, responded to this review, August 8, 2013
Thanks for taking your time to write this nice review. I am glad you all had a great time and enjoyed the night dive as well. I am not sure if I know everything, but I try my best to give our clients as much info as I can :)
Thanks again for diving with us and hope to see you back soon

• Czech first
  • Slovak first
Atlanta, Georgia
10 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 37 helpful votes
“Great dive shop”
Reviewed August 5, 2013

The dive shop was great. Vald and Nick were awesome dive guides in the water. The reefs were beautiful and healthy and the diving was comfortable for our dive group. We had divers from open water to instructor. We loved the fact that the dive boat was exclusively ours and just our group was on the boat. We were treated like kings and queens. Our gear was assembled and cleaned by the staff. What a great service. Denise was great organizing all of the dives. She was also very helpful in our stay in Bayahibe. We initially booked a hotel in Punta Cana and the drive or boat is 30 minutess plus and we did not want to be that far away from the dive shop. We choice a hotel in Bayahibe and the walk to dive shop from La Romana is about 15 mins. Denise was great to meet us the first day and pick up our gear. Sharky's dive shop made us feel at home. They made sure all of our gear was cleaned and that we got everything back. The night dive was superb. We saw octopus. eels, crabs puffer fish just to name a few. On every dive we saw magnificent marine life. Sea horse my favorite, sting rays, turtles, spotted ray eel, puffer fish, drum fish,trumpet fish,starfish andd honey comb cowfish and much more. The reefs were so healthy. Thank you Sharky's dive shop for great dives. We will definitely return to this dive shop again.

1 Thank scubajenn2000
demi56, Manager at Diving Dominican Republic, responded to this review, August 6, 2013
Thanks for a nice, fast and detailed review.
It was great to have your dive club diving with us and I am really glad you all had fun together. I am also happy that you liked my recommendation for Dreams La Romana resort, which is only a short beach walk from our shop.
Thanks again for choosing Sharky's crew for you scuba diving trip and hope to see you back in the near future
Dover, England, United Kingdom
8 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 18 helpful votes
“Fantastic snorkel trip”
Reviewed July 26, 2013

Just got back to the hotel after our day trip with Sharky's for snorkeling. We had booked before we came out and enjoyed the short walk from our hotel to the shop. We were greeted and made to feel at home right away. The trip itself was fantastic. We stopped off to snorkel in a variety of places...about 7 different locations...far more than any other trip we have done in the past. Plus the chance to travel through the mangroves. The food was also the best of any snorkel trip we have done anywhere in the world. Everyone at Sharky's are really friendly and made the day highly enjoyable. My mum is terrified of water, yet she still came in with the support of the crew which is testament to the quality of the service you get here. I cannot rate Sharky's highly enough and would suggest anyone looking to do snorkeling in the DR use them. Thank you so much for a fabulous day.

2 Thank Vicki W
demi56, Manager at Diving Dominican Republic, responded to this review, July 28, 2013
Thank you soo much for the fastest review ever! I guess you still had a wet bathing suit on when you posted it LOL.
I am really glad you had a fantastic day and that even your mum got in the water and tried snorkeling. If you ever plan a trip back, you know where to find us. Enjoy the rest of the vacation in Bayahibe and thanks again for booking with us.
Muncie, Indiana
6 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 7 helpful votes
“Exceeded Expectations!”
Reviewed July 21, 2013

We had a wonderful day with Sharky's Crew! My husband and I had 2 great dives, taking our time and enjoying the small wonders of a beautiful and extremely healthy reef. Our family was able to join us on the boat as well. They enjoyed the crystal clear and shallow waters, starfish, mangroves and some snorkeling. Definitely the best food I have ever had on any boating excursion!! We had very personal attention and were able to avoid the crowds. Thanks to all at Sharky's. Wish we could have had more dive time with you!

Visited July 2013
demi56, Manager at Diving Dominican Republic, responded to this review, July 24, 2013
Thank you for taking the time to write this nice review. I am always afraid that our future clients will expect much more that we can provide after reading all these wonderful reviews. So I am really glad you received a better service than you expected and of course I am happy you enjoyed the day with Sharky's crew :)
Thanks again for booking with us and hopefully see you back for more scuba diving.
Bronx, New York
18 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 24 helpful votes
“GREAT”
Reviewed July 8, 2013

An unforgettable experience. I would definitely go again. It is a family affair.

Do bring your cameras.

Visited July 2013
demi56, Manager at Diving Dominican Republic, responded to this review, July 11, 2013
Thank you for the review, I am glad you and the family enjoyed the trip.
Thanks again for booking with us