“Bayahibe - SHARKYS!”

Diving Dominican Republic
More attraction details
Recommended length of visit: More than 3 hours
Owner description: Family run PADI certified dive boat operation in Bayahibe, on the Caribbean coast of Dominican Republic, specializing in private scuba diving, scuba lessons and trips. The schedule is done completely by the clients (weather / sea conditions apply). For about the same price you can enjoy scuba diving and trips only with your family or group of friends. You’ll choose the dive sites, make your own schedule, nobody will rush anywhere. We do not limit the dive times, the only limitation is the air, bottom time and the weather / the sea conditions.
Reviewed March 14, 2013

We have been to the DR twice 2010 & 2012 (I know this review is way overdue) The 2010 trip we went with some family, one was a diver, we snorkeled and enjoyed the trip very much, Vladi keeps you you SAFE & laughing while Denise takes care of the rest (excellent team). After this trip we decided we would like to try Scuba Diving on our next Caribbean trip (which was Jamaica) the training was a very rushed short course that didn't ease my concerns and the number of people was a little too much. They rushed us on the boat and out into the water, I started hyper ventilating and didn't feel confident enough to feel safe, I got back on the boat and thought of the $ I just wasted (better safe then sorry though) Later that year we decided to go back to Sharkys and try again. We did the online course before we returned. When we arrived and went on our first day of training, we were joined by a last minute couple, we boated about 20 minutes out to the destination. We jumped into a very shallow area to begin training and AGAIN I just couldn't relax and get my breathing under control. After a few failed attempts, Vladi said that he did not want me to have a bad experience so we decided to return and try the swimming pool. Within a few minutes it finally clicked and I was able to do my skill testing (sheweee :)) the next few days we worked and tested our skills for the OWD certification and PASSED!! Since then we can't get enough of diving! We've taken a few diving trips to other destinations and the personal attention that you get with Sharkys just isn't there! We will definately return to Diving Dominican Republic (Sharkys) hopefully with my children to get their Certs. as well as upgrade mine. I know I can trust Vladi for a safe experience! THANK YOU!

demi56, Manager at Diving Dominican Republic, responded to this reviewResponded March 15, 2013

Thanks for the review, it's never too late to get this nice post :)
Vlad was really happy he could introduce you to scuba diving the safe way and helped you to enjoy the wonderful world of scuba diving. Each person is different, each needs a different approach, and of course with one on one training it's a bit easier. No stress, no rush, no pressure of other divers / students. You can take as much time as needed to learn the new skills and learn them the proper way.
It will be our pleasure to teach your kids too so you can all dive together.

Thanks again for taking your time to post this, looking forward to see you all soon

Reviewed March 13, 2013

We had a group on 17. 5 divers and the rest wanted to come and snorkel. Denise arranged for Evaristo (very entertaining) to pick us up in Punta Cana and bring us to the shop. Everything was well organized and a perfect fit. All the reviews are spot on. Everything is arraigned for your personal convenience. We are experienced divers and have dove many places in the Caribbean and South Pacific. This was a very enjoyable day. The dive had many large barrel sponges that were just incredible. Garden eels at about 40 feet. Morays, stingrays, lobsters, crabs, bristle worms, sponges, flamingo tongues, christmas tree and feather dusters worms, anemones, tunicates, and all the beautiful fish.
After diving we met the rest of our party and had a lovely lunch on a postcard perfect beach. Then off to the mangroves and swimming. At the end of the day, my face hurt from all of the smiling! Denise, David and Julie, we cannot thank you enough. All of the children (and adults) said it was the highlight of our trip.

1  Thank VaBoysmom

It was fun to have your group with us, I am glad you all (divers and snorkelers) had fun and enjoyed the day. The only "down" part was that Vlad couldn't be part of it due to some flu bug. I hope you will come back for more diving with us, there is much more to see and explore. As most of the divers say, Bayahibe is the best area for scuba diving in Dominican republic.

Thanks again for booking with us

Reviewed February 28, 2013

My wife and I planned to diving days through Denise about a month before arriving in DR. Denise then picks you up at your hotel and drives you back to the dive shop where they then discuss the dive and help you prep for it. Denise made us feel very welcome and relaxed from the moment we met her at the hotel. And back at the dive shop, Vladi and David helped to further relax us with great attitudes and added humor :) We then went with David and his Captain on our first dive. I really appreciated how safe and thorough David was on the boat as he was explaining what the plan for the dive was. It really helped my wife and I as it had been quite a while for both of us! As for the dive itself, we were so impressed by how it went and what we saw while on our dive that we immediately decided to book another full day trip with them, in addition to our already booked 2 days of diving. It just quickly became apparent to us that this would most likely be one the best things that we would do while in DR. We were right :)

We would recommend this place to everyone. One of the best things about diving through Sharky's is that all the dive trips are completely personalized to what you want to do, and custom tailored to how you are feeling that day. They have absolutely zero problems with flexibility and working with you. This was not only the best diving experience my wife and I have had to date, but quite possibly one of the best excursions we've had as well. Thank You Denise, Vladi and David very much for everything. We will definitely come see you again if we ever find our way back to DR.

1  Thank Dan R
demi56, Manager at Diving Dominican Republic, responded to this reviewResponded March 1, 2013

Thank you for taking your time to write this nice review. It was pleasure to have you and get you back to diving again. Keep on diving safely and you know where to find us if you ever plan another scuba diving vacation in Dominican Republic.
Thanks again for diving with us

Reviewed February 25, 2013

We prebooked our dives Denise and Vlad at the Sharks team in Bayahibe and from the very offset felt most welcomed. It was the first time we should try this personal diving, where it was only my wife and me with a divemaster (Vlad or David) and not a "crowd" of other divers. AND it was precisely as good as we expected. A warm welcome and a nice focus on our needs and wishes. We managed to have some great dives and Vlad and David are really good to find and point out various intersting objects or fish that is colourful or just plain interesting to see. We saw turtles and moreans and a lot of other animals/species that we have not seen before. Sharky's team is truly professional and at the same time personalized to the bone. Where else would you find such dedicated persons in the diving industry. Trust me, we have not met others, and we have dived many, many places in the World. Sharky's team is surely worth travelling for - you will NOT be sorry you visited Bayahibe, a nice spot in Dom. Republic. We would always recommend Sharky's team to anyone within the diving industry or someone just simply looking for that EXTRA that you will not find with "conventional" diving institutions. I urge you to contact Denise TODAY - you cannot miss diving the beautiful waters around Bayahibe, that offers you simply everything you need from caves to sunken ships and fantastic reefs - you will find animal life to be of the finest and it comes in volumes and in a magnitude you cannot imagine. Fresh, clear water caters for your experience. And just don't worry, Denise will take care of you on land and Vlad and his team on sea. Go ahead, what are you waiting for? Feel free to contact me for indepth descriptions and recommendations for the Sharky's. Take care :-) Cheers from flemminglippert@hotmail.com

2  Thank Flemming L
demi56, Manager at Diving Dominican Republic, responded to this reviewResponded February 28, 2013

WOW, WOW, WOW, I don't know what to say!!!!
Thank you sooooooooooooo much for this great review, not only about our service, but also about the marine life. It's nice to tell others - scuba divers or snorkelers - that there is lots to see . I really hope to see you back soon to explore more dive sites in Bayahibe area..

Reviewed February 19, 2013

Our group of 5 visited DR in late January from a cruise ship. I found the reviews on this site very helpful and ended up being true. I wanted to find a private dive tour as we had 3 newly certified divers with us and wanted to avoid the cruise crowds. Denise was wonderful to work with in making arrangements! (Book w/plenty advance notice) We loved Vladi's personality and assistance! Dave was an awesome dive master! Knows how to work well with new divers... was safety conscious while being fun and entertaining. He was great at finding interesting critters for our newbies and let me be with my photography. He waved me over if he found something truly noteworthy, which I appreciated. The boat driver was helpful with equipment and handling my camera during exit and reentry. A note to cruise ship travelers when making arrangements- check to see if ship time is different than local time. We unknowlingly docked an hour later than planned. So grateful the taxi waited for us! I would definitely book with DDR again. Hopefully we can stay longer next time. I could have spent a couple weeks with this group!

2  Thank divervai
demi56, Manager at Diving Dominican Republic, responded to this reviewResponded February 20, 2013

Thank you very much for taking your time to write the review. It was fun to have your group diving with us and I really hope you come to Bayahibe for a scuba diving vacation, so you can see more then just couple dive sites. There is lot to see for divers of all levels.
Thanks again for booking with us