“I will repeat my visit...”

Viva Wyndham Dominicus Beach
Ranked #7 of 16 Hotels in Bayahibe
Rutherford, New Jersey
“I will repeat my visit...”
Reviewed July 22, 2014

Well here I am again with another review (I hope is useful) .. I recently visited the Dominican Republic; this being my 3rd visit to the island but the 1st time in this hotel and city; starting with my arrival at the lobby I was welcomed by very respectful staff; they spoke English, very well Italian and I also heard some French; free Wi-Fi in the lobby and few other parts of the hotel is available but you also have the choice to buy service in your room; It took approximately 20 mins to get my room (which is actually a good time), once in the room I noticed the room was very spacious, nice comfortable queen size bed, clean, free of odors, regular size closets, now the bathroom was clean but at least in my room it probably needed some upgrades (bathtub) I mean is not like you spend much time in there anyway; the rest of the resort: food was great, but I would suggest a little more of variety; Atlantis Rest and Viva Café are great, clean, romantics and excellent restaurants; snack bar and drinks were good but sometimes having just 1 bartender may not be a good idea; pools were great and fun; theater performers may need different acts; main staying area party till late, good music depending on the DJ and then the night club, fun but I'll recommend a better decoration...now let's go to the beach; "be careful with the kids" and I know its just nature but there are some huge rocks near short; water is clear but sometimes you may not be able to see it; you got boogie boards, canoes, kayaks and windsurf available for you to just grab and go (no renting necessary) ...now if you plan on going outside the hotel you can find nice people as well; some locals stores with arts and gifts but you may find same things in the hotels amenities too; tennis court, archery also available; I'm sure I could visit again; my wife and I had a great time; go enjoy; safe environment.

Room Tip: Rooms in the top floors have a nice wood look ceilings; bungalows near the beach will be my next sta...
  • Stayed July 2014, traveled with friends
2 Thank Viajero_Traveler9
VivaDominicusPalace, Front Office Manager at Viva Wyndham Dominicus Beach, responded to this review, July 25, 2014
Dear Guest,

We appreciate your valuable feedback about the stay you had at our property.

It is really rewarding to read your positive comments and we are glad to know that your stay at Viva Wyndham Dominicus was enjoyable.

Thank you for choosing our resort and as well for your recommendations.

Viva Wyndham Dominicus Beach & Palace

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (361)
  • Czech first
  • Hungarian first
  • Polish first
  • Slovak first
Escondido, California
Reviewed July 20, 2014

We can't say thanks enough to the amazing staff at the Viva Wyndham Dominicus Beach for their incredible hospitality. Everything about this vacation was nothing short of perfection! From the minute we arrived to our departure, we encountered friendly staff who were more than accommodating. After reading some of the Trip Advisor reviews, I have to admit, the four of us visiting together were somewhat apprehensive about our decision to stay here. We decided that no matter what, we would make the best of our trip and maintain a positive attitude. I’m happy to report that all of our concerns were alleviated almost immediately. It is true that the language barrier can present a challenge; however, we found that most of the staff spoke enough English to help us with any questions we had. Of course we came to La Romana fully aware that we were visiting another country and as such were guests in their home. We made sure to always express our gratitude for the hospitality shown us by the staff through tips and thanking them with smiles of appreciation. Believe me, the personnel work very hard and a little appreciation goes a long way. I won’t go through the list of complaints mentioned in some of the Trip Advisor reviews, but I will say that we did not encounter a single one of them. The rooms, location, beaches, staff, food and service were all great! When making our reservations, we opted to upgrade to an ocean front bungalow and we are so glad we did. In retrospect, now that we’ve been, we wouldn’t change a thing. If you are interested in checking out pictures from our stay, feel free to check out my Facebook album Dominican Republic 07/2014 at https://www.facebook.com/KellyofRaycliff/media_set?set=a.10203091574104162.1073741830.1050468969&type=3. You may need to “Friend” me in order to view it, but I’ll be happy to accept your friend request.

Just remember that you are a guest in a foreign country. If you are seeking an English speaking American style resort, this may not be the place for you. My recommendation, if you are thinking of visiting Viva Wyndham Dominicus Beach in La Romana, definitely do! Everything there was impeccable. Having traveled to many vacation destinations, I have to say this ranks at the top of the list!

Room Tip: Select a beach front bungalow between 1101 and 1122. The higher number bungalow, the closer you are...
  • Stayed July 2014, traveled with friends
7 Thank Kelly A
VivaDominicusPalace, General Manager at Viva Wyndham Dominicus Beach, responded to this review, July 22, 2014
Dear customer,

Thank you for your review regarding the Viva Wyndham Dominicus. It is very nice to read your very positives remarks about our services and facilities.

We are extremely happy to find out that t we were able to exceed your expectations.

We look forward to your next stay at our resort and thank you for recommending us.

Reviewed July 20, 2014

My husband and I just returned from our stay (July 12-18). This was our first all inclusive experience and I have to say we were very pleased. I had read multiple reviews on this resort both good and bad and I was a little worried before we went as some of the reviews were very negative. Overall we had a wonderful time. I agree with some of the previous reviews that you should bring your own cup as the ones provided are very small. The food at the buffet was okay, but my husband and I are fairly picky eaters so most of what we ate tasted about the same as it does at home. The fresh fruit however was amazing! If you go expecting a 5 star resort you will be let down, but after all you aren't paying a 5 star price. The staff was very friendly and helpful especially since we didn't speak any Spanish. American tourists were in the minority but it didn't pose us any problems. I would go back here again. The beach views were amazing and it was a very restful and relaxing trip.

• Stayed July 2014
1 Thank Badams71302
VivaDominicusPalace, General Manager at Viva Wyndham Dominicus Beach, responded to this review, July 21, 2014
Dear Guest,

Thank you very much taking the time to post your review on TripAdvisor. We appreciated your kindest and honest comments.

We are happy to find out that despite some negative reviews you gave us the chance and ended up having a fantastic stay. We are glad you enjoyed our fresh fruit and other amenities we provided.

Thank you for recommending us and please remember that we will be glad to welcome you back any time!

Reviewed July 19, 2014

Beautiful beach very nice and friendly people service was great rooms could use alittle more upgrade AC was not the best no ceiling fans in rooms entertainment was excellent and lots of fun no free wifi very disappointing the free wifi they ofer at lobby was very in consisting food was good ate at a rest outside very close that provides pick up service for free called tracaderos excellent food great service and awesome place with great views

Room Tip: Rooms number 5811 and 5812 has awesome views to beach and quiet area
  • Stayed June 2014, traveled with family
1 Thank Geeman3
Albion, Indiana
Reviewed July 17, 2014

We stayed Jul 10-14 and had a great time! We flew into Punta Cana Airport, I had transportation waiting on us through Dominican Quest. They are a wonderful company to use. Cost of transportation was $192 round trip and it takes about 45 min to get there. (Cost of gas is $6 a gal.) Do bring your own cups, beach towels, and ones for tipping. They do have cups there of course but they are just a wee bit bigger than a shot glass and you will spend to much of your time in line at the bar if you don't. Also with the ones you will get faster service and it is much appriciated by the staff. With the beach towels they give you cards to turn in for the towels and of course if you lose them you pay and one time we did go to get a towel and they were out. The resort itself was built in the 80's so don't expect it to look new. They do a wonderful job keeping the place looking beautiful though. The restaurants were a little disappointing. They had about 6 of them but we could only eat at 3 without reservations and I was only able to get one reservation because the others were full or I had to pay extra. The ones we could eat at were the buffet, a pizza place, or a hamburger stand. All the food we had was just ok. In the buffet things looked gourmet but was just bland. Our favorite was a night they cut a huge fish up at the buffet and that was very good. If you want to play any games you will need to give $10 while you use the equipment then they will give it back to you. Communicating is a little difficult sometimes when you only speak English. There is mostly Spanish, French, and Italian. Most of the staff know some English phrases. You do get a bottle of water daily in your room per person and if you want anymore you will have to purchase it. They have water at the bars and in the dining hall that you can drink also. We experienced the trapeze which was fun but of course not for everyone. There is much more night life than morning life of course. Lots of dancing mainly spanish music. There would be a show nightly of some kind. The pools and recreation (table tennis, volleyball, etc.) closed at 6pm so I was a little disappointed I could not go for a night swim. It was a great place for a beautiful views, laying on the beach, swimming in the ocean, and drinking Pina Coladas! FYI if someone wants to meet with you for an hour of your time and they will give you free t-shirts say no thank you. They just are tring to sell points that you can use on future vacations and it takes alot longer than 1hr! Then at the end of it they were out of t-shirts and gave us ugly hats.

• Stayed July 2014, traveled as a couple
1 Thank akkay24
VivaDominicusPalace, General Manager at Viva Wyndham Dominicus Beach, responded to this review, July 19, 2014
Dear Guest,

We appreciate your valuable feedback about the stay you had at our property.

Thank you for choosing our resort and as well for your recommendations.

Reviewed July 16, 2014

Perfect in every single detail...location, food, rooms, service, leasure, entertainment, excursions! People working there are the best ever, excellent staff!!! And greatest wedding organizer too with amazing photographer!!!Viva Dominicus forever <3

• Stayed July 2014
VivaDominicusPalace, General Manager at Viva Wyndham Dominicus Beach, responded to this review, July 18, 2014
Dear customer,

We sincerely appreciate that you choose our resort to celebrate your wedding and for make us part of your experience; is very rewarding that you consider all our service and stay as a dream come true!.

Our goal is to provide all of our guests with enjoyable and happy vacation experiences. We are glad to know that we have achieved this. We look forward to welcoming you back soon at our Resort.

Thank you once again for choosing to stay at Viva Wyndham resorts.

Best regards,

Philadelphia
Reviewed July 15, 2014

I stayed at this resort from June 29th-July 2nd. Upon arrival I noticed there was no bar in the lobby which was unfortunate because it was really hot and humid. Other than that everything was great. Carlos at the front desk lobby was very attentive and very nice and calm even though at first he couldn't find my reservation. After finding it he apologized for the inconvenience and wished us a great stay. As a Gold VIP member at this resort we had access to both resorts and the VIP bars, which was great. We had a bungalow room (1241) which was steps away from the beach, pool, and VIP bar. The bartenders at the VIP bar were my favorite. Marlennys, Carmen, and Yocina were great! First of all, very attractive ladies and attentive, and they were great at holding a conversation on their downtime. My parents are from the Dominican Republic so I've visited plenty of times but it was my first time at this resort and I loved it. Food was ok, but I'm not a picky eater so I had no complaints. One issue I had was with the "VIP WIFI" no one seemed to know the password, and I asked everyone from the bartenders to the front desk staff and guest services and no one had a clue. I think this information should be given to VIP guests at check in so it makes things easier. The housekeeping lady Maria was great as well! She was very friendly and cleaned my room as quick as she can and did a great job. She would bring me new towels when I needed and them and restocked my fridge daily which I greatly appreciated. I would definitely return to this resort but stay for a bit longer so I can enjoy more of it. Overall it was a great trip, I just wish it lasted a little longer. I hope to be back soon.

• Stayed June 2014
1 Thank Acg1224
Dear customer,

Thank you so much for your valuable comments on your family vacation at Viva Wyndham Dominicus.

We are extremely happy that your experience and the perception of our VIP service was great; it is very important for us to receive feedbacks and to know that you had a pleasant vacation and our visitors acknowledge of the good service received from our staff.

Please remember that we will be glad to welcome you back at Viva Wyndham Dominicus.

Viva Wyndham Dominicus Beach & Palace
Also consider these accommodations in or near Bayahibe
Weare Cadaques Bayahibe Hotel
Be Live Collection Canoa
Be Live Collection Canoa
#10 of 16 in Bayahibe
Catalonia Gran Dominicus

Been to Viva Wyndham Dominicus Beach? Share your experiences!