Viva Wyndham Dominicus Beach
$109
Cabana Elke(Bayahibe)
$60
$58
Los Flamencos Aparthotel(Bayahibe)(Great Value!)
$61
$58
  • Pool
El Eden Hotel(Bayahibe)
$60
$49
Hotel Villa Iguana(Bayahibe)(Great Value!)
$55
$232
Priceline
Hotel Bayahibe(Bayahibe)
$70
$54
  • Breakfast included
Villa Baya Aparta-Hotel(Bayahibe)(Great Value!)
$50
Travelocity
8,422 results
All reviewsla rocalanguage barrierviva cafepizza placebeautiful resortvip barsaona islandanimation teamforeign countrypalm treesshows at nightclear watergarden viewpicky eaterdive shoppaddle boardslobster
FilterAll languages
Reviewed February 1, 2014

I went to this resort for 1 week January 2011 and returned January 2014 for 2 weeks, and let me tell you... I would go again and again and again! There is nothing like the atmosphere at this resort, always something to do, always entertaining, and nightlife is fun along with it being on a PRIVATE BEACH! I do not understand why there is negative reviews on this resort... maybe its because people are ordering the bungalows or they are going off season?? reserve a standard room or a superior, you will not be disappointed. My room this time was GREAT!!! no complaints in that department.

The food was great! something for everyone. The buffet had a great selection. some of my favourite foods were the calamari, the beef steaks and the bruschetta and even octopus. Breakfast was good there but for the second week we did not go to buffet, there is croissants and coffee available at the main bar and we would sit outside on the tables just for a change, it was really nice. I would do lunch at the snack bar which is steps away from the main bar, always a good selection. The burgers/hot dogs were great and for the spicy fan... they had tons of jalapeno peppers! Also had nachos and some days chili at the snack bar. I would take this back to the beach to eat.
We tried 1 a la carte called La Rocca. I had absolutely no complaints about the food, everything tasted excellent!
Pizza bar was great. I really like this pizza they made which was just bread and salt! had that almost every night.

The entertainment at night was ok this time around.. it was either a hit or miss.. There was two excellent shows this time that had the trapeze artists performing.. it is like watching Cirque du Soleil! one show was called the Circus and I cannot remember the other one..
one thing I can say is if you can, get to know the entertainers (animation team), they are very nice people and are a lot of fun.

The one game we would play is Bingo. They do this in the main area at 3:30 and 6:30 every day. Sometimes it was easy to win and they give you a mickey of rum. Bonus.

Last time I went here the crowd was about 90% Italian, but there was a big change this time. There was people from all over the world there... and don't kid yourself, even though people are speaking a different language, you would be surprised to know that they probably speak English! I met some great people there that will be lifelong friends!

You can really tell the resort is trying their hardest to get their rating up, and you can tell they are trying to go more international rather than catering to Italians... And I believe they should be a 4+ star for sure, nothing less...

To sum it all up I rated this resort a 4 this time because of these negatives:

Music - turned out to be a little bit repetitive this time, everyday.. yes everyday you would hear the same songs at least 3 times, if you stayed in the main animation beach area which is where we stayed because we love to see what is going on etc.

The Beer - I am sad to say that the taste of the beer was either a hit or miss... Most of the time it tasted flat, but we came to the conclusion it could be the cups they are using cause if they used the re-useable cups (tasting bad), it would have a different taste than in a glass or disposable(tasting better), sometimes we went outside the resort to grab some bottles at night and brought them in when we wanted a drink.. pretty cheap!

By the way the other drinks were good, people who say they cannot get drunk there are completely wrong!!!

The entertainment at night - last time I went it was MUCH better.

To sum it all up - I have never been to a resort with such a great atmosphere and feeling. I already want to go back.

FYI - it is true that if you tip well at the main bar they will provide you with a VIP style service. We tipped a great bartender and every night he would make a special drink for us and we would never have to wait for anything!

VIP areas are horrible... and to get the Wyndham rewards card is a waste. VIP does nothing there.

Room Tip: Try not to pay for a bungalow because I think that is where the negative reviews come from. There might be a deviation with people thinking bungalows are beachfront... some are but most are not. Reserve a standard room or a superior! GREAT rooms both times I have been there.
  • Stayed: January 2014, traveled with family
4  Thank CaribbeanTravelFan
VivaDominicusBeach, Guest Relations Manager at Viva Wyndham Dominicus Beach, responded to this reviewResponded February 11, 2014

Dear Visitor,

Thank you for taking the time to let us know your comments about your recent stay in our hotel. We are more than happy to know that you spend a great time in our facilities and also that we were at the height of your expectations regarding the food, entertainment, reception, location and service in general.

Here in Viva Wyndham Resorts we are expecting your return for the 3rd time, to once again offer you our best attentions.

Best Regards,

Reviewed January 27, 2014 via mobile

I returned to the viva Wyndham dominicus beach resort and again was disappointed with the the wifi they offer for free and the food, but awesome courteous staff who are always welcoming and smiling. The place was very clean and we'll taken care of. The buffet in the beach restaurant is a little lacking for breakfast lunch and dinner but I guess the diet fits the European crowd. I was hoping for some local cuisine. The bartenders make good drinks but the soda stations and lemonade stations are very watered down. The rooms in the vacation club section needs a little more taken care off. They looked a little rundown and the room I was in the front door had a huge gap and I could see outside through it. The mosquito and insects had free entry. But I would still return to the viva Wyndham it's in a great location and nice property with great staff. Guest service are amazing and very friendly and helpful. They made my stay awesome.

Stayed: January 2014, traveled with friends
5  Thank Sven R
Reviewed January 7, 2014

We were very happy when we stayed in this hotel. Everything was perfect: bungalow, beach, food and drinks, all inclusive service, restaurants and entertainment. The staff is very friendly, all receptionists speaks five languages: Italian, Spanish, French, German and English. The cocktail's offer is great too.
I highly recommend this hotel for the couples and families.

Room Tip: The best choice is bungalow, not a hotel room. Very quiet bungalows are with the ocean view, far of the bar and reception.
  • Stayed: October 2013, traveled as a couple
10  Thank Tanya L
VivaDominicusPalace, Guest Relations Manager at Viva Wyndham Dominicus Beach, responded to this reviewResponded January 20, 2014

Dear Guest

We are very happy to read your excellent review regarding our facilities.

It’s really a pleasure for us to know that we were at the height of your expectation in each aspect of our offered service.

We hope to have the another opportunity to offer you our best attention in the next future.

Best regards

Reviewed January 6, 2014

This review is for my stay at V.W dominicus beach last July 2013. After I booked the resort through cheapcaribbean.com, I was a little apprehensive because I noticed that this resort didnt have great reviews and there were a lot of negative reviews on this site as well. I'm in my late 20s and I traveled with my mom who is in her late 50s. We stayed for 5 nights and had an amazing time. We both thought the food was great. We ate most of our meals at the buffet and there was such a big selection that we never got bored with the choices. We bought big plastic lidded cups from home for our drinks to our bartender, and they filled them up, no questions asked. The staff was very friendly and helpful. We tipped in american dollars because their service was really outstanding.

I am terrified of bugs, and I was scared about going to DR and I read some terrible things in the reviews before the trip. The only bug I ever saw was on the last night we were leaving outside on the lawn! Nothing in rooms or inside the common areas. We stayed in a small room - I think the bungalows might have more bug problems since they are in bushy areas. The room was small, but clean.

The beach is beautiful, and there is plenty of room to swim or participate in any activities they might have going on. We went on a few excursions, but didnt enjoy those as much as we did the hotel. This isnt a high end resort, but I thought the trip there was an excellent value for my money, and I would definitely return. The only points I wasnt 100% happy with were the excursions (my own fault), the room was small, and the pools filled up quickly. Other than that, it was a fantastic vacation at a very very reasonable price.

Room Tip: Bring your own large plastic cups for drinks at the bar.
  • Stayed: July 2013, traveled with family
5  Thank BUNNl

Dear Guests

We really appreciate your excellent review about your recent stay in our facilities. It is our pleasure and we are more than glad to read all the positive points mentioned that will help future guest to choose our hotel for their vacations. We are looking forward to have you back here and be able to provide you the best memories.

Thank you very much for choosing us.

Best regards

Reviewed January 4, 2014

The property is situated in a great spot on the Caribbean Sea in the Romana area and that is the most redeeming quality. The beach is excellent. The rooms are relatively clean and tidy. The service staff at the main restaurant and bar do a great job in being customer focused - most of them, not all. That is where the value ends.

The food - horrible: the specialty restaurants were anything but. The food was served cold or luke-warm. We made the mistake of eating at the "Oriental" restaurant one night. The sushi they served had been sitting out for at least a few hours. The house white wine that was brought to the table had the colouring of urine and the smell was not too far off - not fit for consumption at all. The only restaurant that was passable was the Mexican where we were able to get a hot meal and the service was outstanding and the food was very good, not excellent, but on a relative scale, good.

The rooms - average: housekeeping did their job. However the phones were in disrepair. We upgraded to VIP rooms and there was no noticeable increase in value for the extra money. We couldn't get towel service when we requested. They do not stock the in-room refrigerator and the quality of the furnishings is poor and dated.

The staff - average: they are not well trained on customer service and the processes they use often let's them down. They try hard and definitely work very hard, but they are challenged to provide good and consistent quality services.

Final remarks - my family will not ever return to the Viva Wyndham Dominicus Beach resort. It has been one of the poorest vacations that we have experienced in the last 27 years.

Stayed: December 2013, traveled with family