I just got back from a 2 week stay at this hotel with my husband. I have been to Dominican Republic before (Punta Cana) but first time to Bayahibe. I can thoroughly recommend Bayahibe, it is a beautiful, secluded bay with just a couple of hotels in it. Very private and no beach sellers allowed on the beach unlike in Punta Cana. A big plus.
There are plenty of pools on site and beach chairs are plentiful, although if you need shade you'll need to get a bed early. The preferred club has better shade in their private beach by the Seaside Grill but there is plenty of shade if you look around for it.
The staff at the hotel are wonderful. The bar staff are great, really friendly and hard working. Also, the waitresses are amazing. It's recommended to tip them a dollar per round or similar. We tipeed the maid and got some lovely towel art during our stay, albeit not every day. They are busy afterall.
The restaurants are great, we preferred the a la carte. For lunch, the seaside grill is by far the best. Not for choice of food, but it's waiter service and all with a view of the caribbean sea and some breeze. Beats the buffet hands down.
The lobby bar does have better premium spirits and beers (Budweiser, Coronoa and Miller) but sometimes the staff ration the beers if the hotel is busy. It's a bit hit and miss and tipping doesn't make any difference. However, the draft President beer is good anyway so just go for that.
Cocktails are really good, I lived on Banana Mamas. Lush.
The entertainment is really impressive, we were really pleased. We didn't expect much but were impressed. The shows were great and the entertainment staff involved everyone to the degree you want to be involved. No pressure which is good. They have a really good programme of daily activites, really impressive. We even did a towel art class as a bit of a laugh but it was good fun.
The a la carte restaurants are really good. We liked the Asian (Himitsu) and the Italian (Portofino) best. You don't normally have to wait long although if one restaurant is really busy, you can just go to another one instead. The coffee bar is also really good, nice hot chocolate.
There were lots of weddings at the hotel during our stay and they appeared to cater for people's personal choices of venue etc really well. Some had parties on the beach, some in restaurants, some by the pier. I imagine it would be a good place to get married, truly beautiful. Weather was lovely apart from 1 day of storms but the rest was 35 every day.
The staff are generally lovely. They work very hard to look after you and if you try to speak a bit of spanish they really appreciate it.
I had a deep relaxing massage at the spa on the day of the storm. It was lovely and worth 45 dollars. I had a coupon from the spa for 40 dollar discount so I tried the spa. Its a bit expensive unless you have a coupon but if you do, it's worth going.
We didn't really use the room service, we felt too guilty as the staff doing the room service were sweating like mad taking things to people's rooms. However, its a good service and available if you need it. Worth considering if you are not feeling too well.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Set amidst a world of pristine beaches, lush tropical jungle and turquoise sea on the southeast coast of the Dominican Republic, Dreams La Romana is the perfect resort for singles, couples and families. Unlimited Luxury Enjoy the many amenities of Unlimited-Luxury at Dreams La Romana Resort & Spa, where nearly everything is included. Every gourmet meal, every fine wine and cocktail, and so much more. At Dreams La Romana Resort & Spa, these amenities include: •Elegant accommodations with incredible views •Gourmet dining at eleven specialty restaurants •24-hour room service •Unlimited top-shelf spirits at seven festive bars and lounges •All day and nighttime activities and entertainment •Option to upgrade to Preferred Club privileges •Free WiFi and international calling with Unlimited Connectivity (coming soon) •Full breakfast, lunch, dinner and snacks •Unlimited natural fruit juices and soft drinks •Unlimited international and domestic top-shelf spirits •Complimentary mini-bar refreshed daily with soft drinks, juices, bottled water and beer •24-hour room service •Specialty restaurants with no reservations required •Themed parties, oceanfront bars and entertainment venues •Pristine swimming pools •Pool and beach wait service •Endless daytime activities and live nightly entertainment •Explorer's Club for kids with supervised activities •Core Zone Teens Club with teen activities •Fitness center •No wristbands required •All taxes and gratuities Unlimited Top-Shelf Spirits Enjoy international and domestic top-shelf spirits, fine wines and ice-cold beer at any of our seven bars and lounges. Then keep the party going with 24-hour room service and your own complimentary mini-bar. All of your favorite drinks are served without limit or expected gratuities at Dreams La Romana Resort & Spa. World-Class Spa Indulge and invigorate your senses with a day in the Dreams Spa by Pevonia. Spanning more than 21,000 square feet, the on-site spa at Dreams La Romana Resort & Spa offers a la carte treatment options ranging from the traditional to transcendent. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, BookIt.com, Hotels.com, Despegar.com, Travelocity, Agoda and Jetsetter so you can book your Dreams La Romana Resort & Spa reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Dreams La Romana Bayahibe
- Dreams La Romana Hotel Bayahibe
- Dreams La Romana Resort & Spa Dominican Republic/Bayahibe