13,470 results
All reviews seaside grill world cafe preferred club eddie murphy pablo picasso main pool jungle restaurant fruit boat preferred pool olio restaurant infinity pool swim up bar entertainment team glass of champagne coffee shop la romana adults only section
Reviewed May 13, 2018

Having holidayed in Dominican Republic many times over the last 20 years, we have just returned from Our first time at Dreams La Romana. Beautiful hotel , grounds well looked after all the time. A bigger resort than we have been to before but really enjoyed our stay. We booked club preferred without really knowing the difference but it did make a big difference. ! Felt the resort was a bit “2 tier” defined by colour of towels but definitely we were pleased we had club facilities and 2 extra beautiful bars to frequent. 2 club pools were also lovely ,without those we would have been disappointed. Breakfast on the terrace overlooking the sea was stunning also breakfast at Olio restaurant. Meals at the main restaurant was a bit hit and miss. Disappointed with lack of fish and seafood in particular. Our room was a renovated one, very comfy bed, exceptionally clean , fab shower etc but I have stayed in less expensive Dominican hotels with larger rooms. 2 standouts for us for this hotel, cleanliness amazing, everything and everywhere smelled nice ! And the friendliness and courtesy of EVERY member of staff.

Room tip: Definitely choose Club preferred
8  Thank Jill G
Mr Jorge M, Manager at Hilton La Romana, an all-inclusive resort, responded to this reviewResponded May 14, 2018

Dear Jill G,

Please receive our warmest greetings from sunny Dreams La Romana.

We would like to thank you for choosing our resort as your host on your recent gateway to our destination. It was a pleasure having you and we appreciate that you have taken the time to share your experience on Tripadvisor.

We are overjoyed to read that you’ve enjoyed your stay, especially our kind staff, our pools selections, and bars. We are also delighted to read that you’ve enjoyed the facilities and special amenities delivered to Preferred Club guests. As are our regular practice, we’ve been happy to share your lovely remarks to our team who take so much pride in ensuring that all of our guests only receive the very best in service. In the meantime, we have noted your comments about food with the concerned department in order to ensure we maintain our usual high standards.

We sincerely look forward to welcome you back on a future occasion and provide you with the exceptional quality and service that characterizes our brand and resort.

Reviewed May 13, 2018 via mobile

The entire trip was great. The beach was beautiful. There was always an activity to do, whether it’s beach volleyball, kayaking, dancing in the pool. There’s also a plethora of pool tables, ping pong tables, and a basketball hoop, all on the resort. The staff is excellent. All are extremely friendly and always greet you, no matter what time of day. The food is good with many options to choose from. You have to go to the world cafe at dreams la Romana and ask to be served by Estarlin. He was exceptionally kind, memorized our drinks each night, and went above and beyond on our last day by setting up the table with rose pedals and candles. He is the epitome of what a waiter should aspire to be like. Because of people like him, we would have no hesitation to come back here and enjoy our second vacation back at Dreams La Romana.

Date of stay: May 2018
2  Thank Earl723

Hola Earl723,

Please receive our warmest greetings from sunny Dreams La Romana.

We appreciate you have taken the time to share such an enthusiastic review about your recent visit to Dreams La Romana. We are overjoyed to read that you’ve enjoyed your stay, especially our kind staff, the restaurants and our activities selection.

Please be confident that we’ve shared your kind comments with our team as motivation to keep up with our commitment to offer truly remarkable experiences in our guests. We thank you on behalf of our team and Management.

Reviewed May 13, 2018 via mobile

This our second trip to this fantastic hotel, I’m so happy with it we have booked our wedding for February 2019 and so excited. The 8 restaurants are excellent. The pizza bar round the pool and burger grill on the beach are excellent for lunch if you don’t want the buffet. Never really been one for cocktails but this hotel has made me love them. The dirty banana was my favourite with a shot (or 3 of rum).

The entertainment team make you feel so welcome. Special mention to Luigi so funny and all away smiling and making u laugh when playing the game for the funny money also Eddie Murphy is a another great entertainer Who makes you smile all day and night, chocolate is a another great entertainer dancing around the pool is it hilarious , also miss desiree was very welcoming and lovely to chat to . The staff on the beach were fantastic getting you drinks , the foam party was great fun to The room we had was alway clean and tidy and the towel art was great to,all round class hotel love it thanks so much . P.s c you all in February

Date of stay: May 2018
3  Thank 103trevorf

Dear Trevor F,

Please receive our warmest greetings from sunny Dreams La Romana.

We were delighted that you’ve enjoyed all the details we take pride in offering our guests. As are our regular practice, we’ve been happy to share your lovely remarks to our team who take so much pride in ensuring that all of our guests only receive the very best in service.

Once again, we thank you for taking the time to share such a wonderful review of your experience with us.

We look forward to have the pleasure of hosting you back in the near future.

Reviewed May 13, 2018 via mobile

Let me start off by saying that I have never met so many kind and helpful people that wanted to better your stay than all of the staff at Dreams La Romana.

We got upgraded to the Preferred club as we were deciding between 2 different resorts to spend our last vacation away with my mother in law. She just beat cancer for the second time, and said this would be her last vacation away from home. The General manager made this happen and it also wouldn't of been possible without Glennis Drullard. When we arrived, we couldn't believe that we were upgraded again to the beautiful swim out suites. This is where we spend a couple hours each day with our family. Amazing! Thanks a million to all the preferred club staff!

The preferred club lounge had the most kind and caring people working there. Shout out to my sweet friend Marcia "The best" would was always smiling when I saw her and showering me with hugs and kind words. I would also like to thank Xenia, Clara, Pirosca, Vanessa, Ardis- Mariano and Sokya. This staff is amazing and they work so well together. Their smiles are contagious and they work so well as a team. I would also like to thank Super Chester for his amazing service. My cup was never empty. Gracias to all of you!
The preferred club bar at the pool was somewhere I always stopped by to and from the beach and dinner. I met a new friend Carmen who works very hard every single day. She was kind, funny and very good at her job. Her drinks were amazing as she was. I will miss her. Christina worked during the day. She has a light inside of her that shines out to everyone she comes across. She has worked there for 8 years and knows how to make every drink they have ever offered at Dreams. She is a beautiful lady with the most kind heart.

The food at this resort was THE BEST I have very had at a resort. My favourites were the Japanese, French and Italian. Service was top notch at all of them. The French and Italian staff made sure your wine was never empty. Amazing and delicious!!! The buffet would not be the same without Bienvenido! He is very good at his job and was always smiling! Thanks for taking care of us every morning! Thanks to the cook Angel at the Japanese for making the best stir fry ever! I do not know the managers name at the seaside Grill, but he was absolutely amazing during the day. He got me wings to have on the beach and he was more than happy to help each day. I will never forget that day!

I also cannot thank the housekeeping staff enough. They have one of the hardest jobs. Josephine was our maid most days, and she was amazing! Altagracia Delance is the housekeeping manager and she is always busy. She took the time to decorate my room for our anniversary in the most amazing way! It must have taken them forever to do what they did. I even had champagne on ice. This was absolutely amazing. The housekeeping here runs the best I've ever seen, and it would not be possible without her. She deserves a raise right now! All my love Altagracia!

The beach!! Wow! So much calmer than Punta Cana. So good for children and the elderly. You can walk out really far! Make sure you take a walk down by the coral. I found the most amazing seashells. If you want to walk into town on the left side, it takes less than 10 minutes.

This resort is big, but you would never know it. It is really well laid out. Everything is close and easy to find. Everything is immaculate and always very clean. I've stayed at a more expensive resort and the pools we're never this clean. Our swim up pool was cleaned daily as well. It would be hard to find somewhere that wasn't cleaned perfectly. The gardeners we're always working hard as well. Please give them a tip and a cold bottle of water when you walk by.

I can't remember all of the staff, and if I have forgotten your name then please forgive me. Thank-you all!!!

If you are debating on rather or not to go this resort, please do yourself a favour and go! You will be happy you did. It has something for everyone! I know I will be back again! Thanks Dreams La Romana for the amazing memories!!

5  Thank SarahJean81

Dear SarahJean81,

Please receive our warmest greetings from sunny Dreams La Romana. It was an absolute honor being your host on your home away from home.

On behalf of the staff and Management of our resort, we would like to thank you for taking the time to post a review of your experience with us. It was a pleasure being your hosts during your recent gateway to the Caribbean.

It's our most pleasure to learn that your stay was a wonderful one while you were impressed with our service and facilities. We appreciate your gracious comments as it shows our consistency in maintaining the Dreams Resorts brand standards. Your feedback has been shared to the team as a motivation to keep up our work. Your comments will serve as an inspiration to our team to continue working with passion, ensuring our valued guests have an enjoyable and memorable experience with us.

We look forward to having the pleasure of hosting you back in the near future.

Reviewed May 13, 2018

Mid April my wife and I stayed at Dreams La Romana for 10 days, we have really enjoyed our stay and we can’t wait to go back again. What a fantastic resort! We’ve never seen a resort which is as clean as Dreams, it has beautiful gardens and it is located at a stunning location with a beautiful beach. I’m not going to sum up all the facilities and services because they are all good, I do want to highlight two of them in particular.

The Preferred Club Adults Only arrangement. This upgrade is definitely worth the premium. Especially if like us you want some rest.
The butler service. Danny D and Angel have made this our best resort experience ever! The service and attention they gave us made us feel like royalty. Special thanks Danny D for the romantic diner my wife and I had on our last day at the resort.

Till next year

• Trip type: Traveled as a couple
1  Thank dfarwood

Dear dfarwood,

Please receive our warmest greetings from sunny Dreams La Romana. It was an honor having you as our special guest.

Thank you for taking the time to share such a detailed overview of your stay through this mean. Our guest’s feedback is truly appreciated in our constant commitment to improve our service levels.