13,134 results
All reviewsseaside grillworld cafepreferred clubmain pooleddie murphypreferred poolpablo picassofruit boatjungle restaurantolio restaurantinfinity poolswim up barentertainment teamglass of champagnecoffee shopla romanasuper joe
Reviewed October 20, 2017

My wife and I stayed at Dreams for a week as I was the best man at my mates wedding. It was 7 days of pure unadulterated paradise. White sandy beaches and the sea is as warm as a bath and just as see through and different swimming pools if you’re not a beach person, some more livelier than others. The infinity pool with the swim up bar is a must! Loads of different restaurants to eat, our favourite ended up being the World Cafe as the buffet offered a huge variety of options, all of which are brilliantly cooked and full of flavour. The Japanese and Italian restaurants must be tried though. Lots of entertainment in the evenings, the fact that this comes free is a bonus as the standard of the acts is superb, if I had to pay for some I would have. There is also a disco and casino which are pretty good and for the kids there is a mini disco and loads of beach activities. Your day can be as full or as empty as you want it to be and your not really pressured into taking part If you don’t want to. The rooms are a decent size and the air con is good it also comes with a free mini bar including a couple of beers, water, coke, Fanta and sprite and once something has been drunk, it is replaced later that day. The cleaners are brilliant and also compete a turn down service and leave small chocolates on your pillow on your return from your evening out. On a couple of occasions there we numerous locals who had set up stalls within the hotel mostly by the main pool area, they were selling necklaces, bracelets etc, they were quite annoying to be honest because even if you said no thanks, they would continue to bother you so you just need to keep on walking away, they get the message eventually. This is my only criticism of the resort though. I find it hard to believe some people leaving negative reviews about Dreams as it truly a little piece of paradise that everyone must visit, it really is an amazing place. We will be returning in a couple of years time and will be visiting for longer next time.

Room Tip: Ask for a partial sea view room.
Stayed: October 2017, traveled as a couple
5  Thank tyronward1
Reviewed October 19, 2017 via mobile

We have stayed at this hotel numerous times and had great holidays. Unfortunately this recent stay was very poor and the majority of the waiters just told us how good they were so as to gain a tip which to be honest I don’t mind giving for good service. The service in the restaurants was so sporadic even to a point we were served an under cooked bugger for the 7 year old that was in our family group. We raised the issue with the managers on duty only to be told we will review the issue and just enjoy your holiday. I am not sure what’s gone wrong on this stay it may be we have a child in the group or that the hotel is just going down hill which would be a real shame as the location is absolutely fabulous.

Stayed: October 2017, traveled with family
8  Thank Hamish k
Mr Jorge M, Manager at Dreams La Romana Resort & Spa, responded to this reviewResponded February 4, 2018

Dear Guest,

We are so pleased you allowed our wonderful resort to be your holiday destination and we are very thankful for the time you have taken to share your experience.

We are incredibly sorry to learn that your time here with us did not meet with your expectations; this certainly was not our intention and we apologize for any inconvenience caused to you during your stay here in our beautiful resort.
Our goal is to provide spectacular experiences that create long-lasting memories to our visitors; therefore, we regret that your expectations were not fulfilled.

We would kindly like to ask you if you could please contact us via email at econcierge@dreamsresorts.com to provide us more detailed information from your stay.

With this said, we look forward to have the opportunity of hosting you back on a renewed opportunity to redeem your confidence our resort and service.

Best regards.

Reviewed October 19, 2017 via mobile

My friend and I travelled to Dreams La Romana for the Labor Day weekend. As in the past, the resort was beautiful and well kept. We were in building 7, which is a bit of a walk to most restaurants. If you are looking for a quiet area of the resort, this is the spot for you. It was very warm and humid, but we knew it would be at this time of the year. Our room was clean, but housekeeping wasn’t what I was used to receiving. I’ve been spoiled by Clara (Building 4) and Yueburkis (Building 5). Our food was fine at World Cafe, Portifino, Seaside Grill and Boudreaux. Only staying approximately 3 days, it’s hard to judge all restaurants. As usual, the staff was 1st rate. I need to thank some of the special people at Dreams: Glennis, Vanessa, Marcia, Fucundo, Enmanuel, Hector, at the Preferred Club, Yoel and Edward, our butlers, and William and Johan at Seaside Grill.
The Nunez family and can’t wait to see you again at Christmas.

Stayed: September 2017, traveled with friends
4  Thank Roberta S
Reviewed October 18, 2017

We visited Dream, La Romana from September 17 - 24. We booked the adults only preferred. Our room was a garden view in Building #1 which was very nice. Previously we had stayed pool view and I liked it a little better, but both were nice, clean rooms. Sadly we had a hurricane while we were there, but the hotel kept us safe and very well informed. They could not have done a better job. All employees are so friendly, food was wonderful, beach is very nice. Would not hesitate to return.

Room Tip: All rooms would be nice
  • Stayed: September 2017, traveled as a couple
3  Thank Jane S
Reviewed October 18, 2017 via mobile

Stayed here for 10days on honeymoon.
We booked preferred club room which I would recommend there is separate checkin and extra restaurants for breakfast and lunch. Also premium drinks in the club house.
Best of all is the adult only pool with swim up pool bar. Very relaxing by the pool it did annoy me people were allowed to put tools out and not use the beds. I saw multiple times people had towels out from 8 in the morning and didn't appear by the pool until 3.
The pool bar staff were great constantly making cocktails from early morning they were great. You didn't have to move from your sunbed they came around especially when they get to know you after the first few days. At lunchtime a waiter comes around with a small menu for lunch.

Rooms were spacious lovely rainfall shower. Rooms cleaned everyday and turned down in the evening.
You could hear noises in the hallway that echoed so you are easily woken.

Make sure not to forget your essentials e.g suncream, sunglasses and swiming suits. My husband forgot his sunglasses and paid $50 for a pair in the shop there was nothing special about them you would get them in a pound store elsewhere.

We ate at most the restaurants seaside grill, Olio, Italian, Japanese and the buffet.

Tried the Japanese on our first night it took over 2 hours to get our starter and main course. The food wasn't great we didn't go back.

Enjoyed the Italian but found all the food very heavy.

We paid extra for the meal on the beach it was lovely the first night we booked it for the dock but it rained so the next night we had it on a platform on the beach. It was really lovely looking out on the sea I was very happy with the location I recommend to do for something special on your holiday or honeymoon.

Overall we had a great time and would come back.

Stayed: October 2017, traveled as a couple