$101
$98
  • Breakfast included
El Eden Hotel(Bayahibe)(Great Value!)
$60
$189
$148
Catalonia Gran Dominicus(Bayahibe)
$158
$122
  • Breakfast included
Villa Baya Aparta-Hotel(Bayahibe)(Great Value!)
$60
Cabana Elke(Bayahibe)(Great Value!)
$90
$65
Hotel Villa Iguana(Bayahibe)(Great Value!)
$41
Hotel Bayahibe(Bayahibe)(Great Value!)
$88
$54
Travelocity
12,913 results
All reviewsseaside grillworld cafepreferred clubmain pooleddie murphypreferred poolpablo picassofruit boatjungle restaurantolio restaurantinfinity poolswim up barentertainment teamglass of champagnela romanacoffee shopbutler service
Reviewed November 19, 2009

Well having just come back from The Dreams La Romana I will say it was not quite what we expected but still enjoyable.having read about the hotel we went with open minds,I emailed the front desk to ask for a quiet block with a view we did ok view wise but got block 5 the room was lovley but it over looked the entertainment stage which was LOUD from 17.00 until 22.00 that was one downside with the room location so if you are going get any block but not 4 or 5. we had booked because of the many satilight restaurants but only tried 2 and the main one we went for lunch to the Sea-Grill ordered 2 starters and only 1 arrived so we waited for the 2nd but they brought the main course which we said we still were a soup short which came with lots of appologies then the main came again and was cold so we left and hade some pizza.
the next we tried was the French and this was 100% we could not fault it and went twice more then we tried an evning meal at the Grill and this was again great I spoke to others about the remaining eaterys and got mixed views so ate in the World dinning room which had loads of choice and was fine but hot inside (not air-coned)
The Hotel in general was OK but not as good as we expected have been to better but we did enjoy it and the location was very good clean beach plenty water sports and the entertainment team did a brilliant job both on the beach and by the pool there was plenty to take part in if you wanted or you can just sit and enjoy the games and the bar service was fine although they did run out of some drinks after the weekend which seen to be when locals come for a short break and they tend to get preferance over other guests (not good) but being british we are too polite to kick-up a stink.
I would say if you are thinking of going to the Dreams go and enjoy but don't expect all the broucher promises and enjoy ,it is OK not great but we all have an opinion and others we tell you they think it is great we are all different.
The hotel caters well for kids with a dedicated team to keep them busy from9.30 till 17.00 followed by a disco on the pool stage befor the adult night time entertainment starts. The hotel keep you well informed with a daily sheet of activities delivered to the room nightly
And you need block 1,2,3 or 6,7 not 4/5 although 6 & 7 are privalage club I think and for the extra cost apart from a better room and your own pool you get no more than normal guests.
There is a Casino and disco on site till the early hours I have not put any photos on my review because there are loads already there

• Stayed: November 2009, traveled as a couple
4  Thank donkey001
Reviewed November 12, 2009

We had a wonderful vacation at the Dreams La Romana Resort.
The facilities were like brand new, the service was very attentive and the restaurants and food were wonderful. We would definitely recommend this hotel.
A few things to note - It is about 1and 1/2 hours from the airport at Santo Domingo. We purchased transfers ahead of time and traveled on a comfortable bus and enjoyed the ride and the scenery but it was very long. Our room was not ready until about 5:00 so plan on having your bathing suit or shorts readily available to change into some place else so that you don't waste your first afternoon waiting around for your room. Reservations are not taken at the restaurants so plan on eating a little earlier or later than the crowd to avoid waiting. However, the longest we waited for a table was about 20 minutes in the off-season. We used the Spa, Internet Cafe and Concierge service and found all of them gave excellent service. The beach was nice but small and the drinks were very watered down. The resort is huge and very well taken care of.
The only disappointment was the Casino. It was very small and very poorly run. The roulette dealer constantly made mistakes in the casino's favor and refused to do anything to correct the error. Basically we were CHEATED and would never go to their casino again.

• Stayed: October 2009, traveled with friends
5  Thank KitKatMinis
Reviewed November 12, 2009

My husband and I were married in Santo Domingo June 12th, 2009. He is from there so all his family is there and we had a very nice reception and wedding in Santo Domingo. My husband and I stayed at Dreams for two weeks. One week before we were married and one week after. My close family and friends travelled and stayed at the resort with us before we were married.

As my husband and I have stayed at quite a few resorts we were thrilled with our choice.

Resort Grounds:

BEAUTIFUL!! Everything was clean and spacious. The grounds are covered with beautiful plants and flowers.

Beach/Pool:

The beach is beautiful. Nice green/blue water. Always chairs available. Staff comes right onto the beach to bring you drinks.

The pools were wonderful. Never had a problem with getting chairs or shelter. Pools always clean. Infinity pool was a more popular pool with a swin up bar and tends to be more busy.

Food:

My husband was in HEAVEN. this hotel does not limit you resturant visits. You are free to go to any resturant as many times as you feel like. The food is so good. I could not complain about anything I ate. Noone had any stomach issues. There is a fresh fruit boat on the beach, you will neevr have fruit that tastes better. The buffet has a wide variety of food and it is equally as good as the resturants.

Staff/Entertainment:

GREAT GREAT GREAT!!! Staff was amazing. They were always freindly and helpful.

I will have to say this is the best entertainment I have ever seen. Most shows were held outside by the main pool. ( weather permitting) It was not the usual performances you usually see. They had an amazing show "circ de sole" with young adults to children performing. I was blown away!! They also had Karaoke, which was very entertaining!! My brother performed and I will forever have that memory. They had many other interesting events. They had huge buffets spread all around the pool area with local Dominican foods.

Room:

Let me start off with saying the BED is amazing. I have never stayed at a resort that has a bed better than the one I have at home. In our room we had a flat screen television, dvd player, mini bar, Table with chairs. The bathroom is very clean and new. We had no problems with water heat or pressure. NO BUGS!! The a/c was great with no problems our entire stay.

Disco:

Soooo much fun. We went every night and had a blast!!

Other interesting things.... No wrist bands :) tea/coffee internet shop...

I could write on and on about this resort but i'll stop here. I would recommend this hotel to anyone. The age of my family who came are between 20-30 40-50

• Stayed: June 2009, traveled with family
5  Thank Melitobemarried
Reviewed November 9, 2009

We traveled here October 30-November 6th. My husband and I traveled with another couple and a single friend. we had a super great time!
The trip from Punta Cana airport does take about an hour and a half, but it is worth it to get to the Caribbean side of the island!
We were greeted with cookies and champagne after our long busride, and check-in was very quick. Our room was in building 5, and was clean and cleaned daily. good maid service. Towel art included as well as a small bottle of rum in our room. The room was a bit smaller than some of the other resorts we have stayed at, but good enough for the 2 of us. The showers in the bathroom were somewhat open, so make sure you have a towel down at the end or the floor will be soaked.
The food was good, always found something to eat. We all enjoyed the Grill, and the Japanese restaurant. We really were glad for the no revervations needed for any restaurants and only had to wait about 10 minutes atone of them.
The beach was beatiful! not long andwide like Bavaro beach in Punta Cana, but a nice beach with plenty of chairs. The water thogh was absolutely the best! The water is clear and calm. Much better in my opinion to the water in Punta Cana. There was awater trampoline to jump on and a very large area of ocean that they allowed for swimming. The snorkeling was also great to see reef and fish.
The pools and hot tub were also favrite spots of ours.. to relax.
The activity staff at the hotel was great. So much fun. We have never participated in hotel activities on other trips, but we were "talked into it" here. But very glad we were we had a blast!! By participating we earned funny money that you can use at their auctions to buy souvenirs. The shows were okay, but we were usually too tired to stay for the show, or sat in the lobby and visited with each other..
All in all a great time. And a very good deal.. as we booked a 5Apple Square Deal through Apple Vacations and didn't know where we were going to end up! We were very pleased!

• Stayed: November 2009, traveled with friends
6  Thank OhioRNju
Reviewed November 8, 2009

Our vacation time was 10/30 to 11/06. From the moment we entered the hotel we knew that it was going to be great. We were greeted with champagne and cookies and check in was a breeze. The room was beautiful and the maid service was terrific (towels twice a day) the whole time we were there. There were some differences in the food, but there were many specialty restaurants (no reservations) and the buffet always had something good to eat. The beaches and pools were great and of course the weather made it a pleasure. If there is anything to complain about it is the 1 1/2 hour ride from the airport. (although it was in an air conditioned comfortable bus) I would recomend "Dreams" resorts for families or couples.

• Stayed: November 2009, traveled as a couple