$101
$98
  • Breakfast included
El Eden Hotel(Bayahibe)(Great Value!)
$60
$189
$148
Catalonia Gran Dominicus(Bayahibe)
$158
$122
  • Breakfast included
Villa Baya Aparta-Hotel(Bayahibe)(Great Value!)
$60
Cabana Elke(Bayahibe)(Great Value!)
$90
$65
Hotel Villa Iguana(Bayahibe)(Great Value!)
$41
Hotel Bayahibe(Bayahibe)(Great Value!)
$88
$54
$15
12,913 results
All reviewsseaside grillworld cafepreferred clubmain pooleddie murphypreferred poolpablo picassofruit boatjungle restaurantolio restaurantinfinity poolswim up barentertainment teamglass of champagnela romanacoffee shopbutler service
Reviewed November 12, 2009

We had a wonderful vacation at the Dreams La Romana Resort.
The facilities were like brand new, the service was very attentive and the restaurants and food were wonderful. We would definitely recommend this hotel.
A few things to note - It is about 1and 1/2 hours from the airport at Santo Domingo. We purchased transfers ahead of time and traveled on a comfortable bus and enjoyed the ride and the scenery but it was very long. Our room was not ready until about 5:00 so plan on having your bathing suit or shorts readily available to change into some place else so that you don't waste your first afternoon waiting around for your room. Reservations are not taken at the restaurants so plan on eating a little earlier or later than the crowd to avoid waiting. However, the longest we waited for a table was about 20 minutes in the off-season. We used the Spa, Internet Cafe and Concierge service and found all of them gave excellent service. The beach was nice but small and the drinks were very watered down. The resort is huge and very well taken care of.
The only disappointment was the Casino. It was very small and very poorly run. The roulette dealer constantly made mistakes in the casino's favor and refused to do anything to correct the error. Basically we were CHEATED and would never go to their casino again.

• Stayed: October 2009, traveled with friends
5  Thank KitKatMinis
Reviewed November 12, 2009

My husband and I were married in Santo Domingo June 12th, 2009. He is from there so all his family is there and we had a very nice reception and wedding in Santo Domingo. My husband and I stayed at Dreams for two weeks. One week before we were married and one week after. My close family and friends travelled and stayed at the resort with us before we were married.

As my husband and I have stayed at quite a few resorts we were thrilled with our choice.

Resort Grounds:

BEAUTIFUL!! Everything was clean and spacious. The grounds are covered with beautiful plants and flowers.

Beach/Pool:

The beach is beautiful. Nice green/blue water. Always chairs available. Staff comes right onto the beach to bring you drinks.

The pools were wonderful. Never had a problem with getting chairs or shelter. Pools always clean. Infinity pool was a more popular pool with a swin up bar and tends to be more busy.

Food:

My husband was in HEAVEN. this hotel does not limit you resturant visits. You are free to go to any resturant as many times as you feel like. The food is so good. I could not complain about anything I ate. Noone had any stomach issues. There is a fresh fruit boat on the beach, you will neevr have fruit that tastes better. The buffet has a wide variety of food and it is equally as good as the resturants.

Staff/Entertainment:

GREAT GREAT GREAT!!! Staff was amazing. They were always freindly and helpful.

I will have to say this is the best entertainment I have ever seen. Most shows were held outside by the main pool. ( weather permitting) It was not the usual performances you usually see. They had an amazing show "circ de sole" with young adults to children performing. I was blown away!! They also had Karaoke, which was very entertaining!! My brother performed and I will forever have that memory. They had many other interesting events. They had huge buffets spread all around the pool area with local Dominican foods.

Room:

Let me start off with saying the BED is amazing. I have never stayed at a resort that has a bed better than the one I have at home. In our room we had a flat screen television, dvd player, mini bar, Table with chairs. The bathroom is very clean and new. We had no problems with water heat or pressure. NO BUGS!! The a/c was great with no problems our entire stay.

Disco:

Soooo much fun. We went every night and had a blast!!

Other interesting things.... No wrist bands :) tea/coffee internet shop...

I could write on and on about this resort but i'll stop here. I would recommend this hotel to anyone. The age of my family who came are between 20-30 40-50

• Stayed: June 2009, traveled with family
5  Thank Melitobemarried
Reviewed November 9, 2009

We traveled here October 30-November 6th. My husband and I traveled with another couple and a single friend. we had a super great time!
The trip from Punta Cana airport does take about an hour and a half, but it is worth it to get to the Caribbean side of the island!
We were greeted with cookies and champagne after our long busride, and check-in was very quick. Our room was in building 5, and was clean and cleaned daily. good maid service. Towel art included as well as a small bottle of rum in our room. The room was a bit smaller than some of the other resorts we have stayed at, but good enough for the 2 of us. The showers in the bathroom were somewhat open, so make sure you have a towel down at the end or the floor will be soaked.
The food was good, always found something to eat. We all enjoyed the Grill, and the Japanese restaurant. We really were glad for the no revervations needed for any restaurants and only had to wait about 10 minutes atone of them.
The beach was beatiful! not long andwide like Bavaro beach in Punta Cana, but a nice beach with plenty of chairs. The water thogh was absolutely the best! The water is clear and calm. Much better in my opinion to the water in Punta Cana. There was awater trampoline to jump on and a very large area of ocean that they allowed for swimming. The snorkeling was also great to see reef and fish.
The pools and hot tub were also favrite spots of ours.. to relax.
The activity staff at the hotel was great. So much fun. We have never participated in hotel activities on other trips, but we were "talked into it" here. But very glad we were we had a blast!! By participating we earned funny money that you can use at their auctions to buy souvenirs. The shows were okay, but we were usually too tired to stay for the show, or sat in the lobby and visited with each other..
All in all a great time. And a very good deal.. as we booked a 5Apple Square Deal through Apple Vacations and didn't know where we were going to end up! We were very pleased!

• Stayed: November 2009, traveled with friends
6  Thank OhioRNju
Reviewed November 8, 2009

Our vacation time was 10/30 to 11/06. From the moment we entered the hotel we knew that it was going to be great. We were greeted with champagne and cookies and check in was a breeze. The room was beautiful and the maid service was terrific (towels twice a day) the whole time we were there. There were some differences in the food, but there were many specialty restaurants (no reservations) and the buffet always had something good to eat. The beaches and pools were great and of course the weather made it a pleasure. If there is anything to complain about it is the 1 1/2 hour ride from the airport. (although it was in an air conditioned comfortable bus) I would recomend "Dreams" resorts for families or couples.

• Stayed: November 2009, traveled as a couple
3  Thank shobieMargateCity_NJ
Reviewed November 8, 2009

Me & boyfriend got back from our first holiday together to Dreams La Romana 3 days ago and it was fantastic. (Thurs 29th Oct- Wed 4th Nov)

We arrived at Punta Cana Airport, there were plenty of staff there to help you to find your bus. The 2 hour coach journey was a bit long but it was also a great chance to get a look of what Dominican is like.

When we arrived at Dreams La Romana we was greated with champagne and warm flannels. Check-in was easy, and our luggage was brought to our room within 10 minutes. Our room was immaculate, nice kingsize bed with slippers, dressing gowns and towels shapped into swans which looked amazing. We also had a DVD player, flat screen TV, ipod docking station with alarm, new modern bathroom and a great view from our balcony. We was in block 4 room 4308 which was the 3rd floor and from our balcony we could see the sea, the main pool and the entertainment which was good! With me and my boyfriend being english and not knowing any spanish the only TV programs that we could watch was MTV and VH1 but there are DVDs available to rent. Because we arrived late and didnt know our way around we ordered room service the first night.

After researching Dreams la Romana weeks before i went i saw many different reviews and didnt know which was true or not, but everyone makes there own holiday as i found out. We travelled with Thompson and they had a lady (Jenni) who helped us know what inclusive involves and what activities we could do and also told us where all the restaurants were.

I really wanted to swim with dolphins but it ended up being $429 and thats nearly as much money as i took with me so i couldnt do that but we booked Catalina Gator and Speed Boats which i would both recommend.

Cataline Gator:

This started off early in the morning around 8.30am and had a short coach journey to a river and got a tour around the river there was dancing and free drinks available aswell on the boat. There was a man videoing the whole day which was available to buy for $30 which we bought. The trip also involved going shopping and going to Cataline Island which is where a few famous films were made, we got there by speed boat and the beach is Paradise Beach and it really is PARADISE. White sand, palm trees, clear blue water, no clouds in site. Food was provided with free drinks and snorkling equipment and fish food. Wish i could of spent my whole holiday on there. We was there for 3 hours then made the journey home.

Speed Boats:

We met arround 1.30pm and we were the only people from our hotel going, we were with a family and another couple and non spoke english. A taxi took us into La Romana where the speedboats were which took about 5-10mins, we could of walked it but too many people bother you trying to get you to buy from there shops. There was people there that spoke all languages and told us how to work the speed boat, 2 people per boat and we had to stay behind eachother which a good gap. Once we were on the water it was amazing going round corners jumping across the waves etc. there was also a few people on a boat taking pictures of us on the boat which we bought for $35.
The boats took us up to Saona island which is where the bounty advert was filmed and that was also amazing, after speed boating for over an hour we stopped near saona where a few other boats were and had pictures with star fish and had a drink and got back on the speed boats. Whole day was about 3-4 hours out.

Food:

There were many different restaurants such as; French, Italian, World Cafe, Asian, Sea food, Domincan style , Pizzeria and Seaside Grill.
We only tried the Italian, Sea side Grill, Cafe Pizzeria and Asian. Because my boyfriend was a vegetarian who doesnt drink alcohol French crusine is a no no! Asian was our favourite. World Cafe is always open, not to fond of there food, only the breakfast with pancakes, ommletes, eggs, sausages, danish cakes etc. It was a buffet, so eat as much as you want.

Entertainment:

Brilliant, something different every night. Dancing, Belly Dancing, Men vs Woman, Karaoke, Circus Shows and a Bonfire.
The entertainment brought a lot of laugh and filled out evenings and the shows were on till 11.30pm.
The bar is in the Lobby was always open too, which a live band.

Beach/ Pools:

Beach was BEAUTIFUL, thats where i tend to be all the time. Plenty of sunbeds available, sometimes music on, towels are available to hire out, also aqua classes in the sea in the mornings which looked quite good. The main pool was nice but mainly full of children which i kept away from. There was an infinity pool which was also quiet and also had a swim up bar init too which was nice.

Also at the hotel theres a doctors, casino, coffee shop which computers, gift and souvenir shop, ralph lauren shop, the list goes on.

I found everyone very helpful and hotel itself is imaculate, always getting clean. I would deffinatly come again and recommend it to everyone.

• Stayed: October 2009