“Amazing time”

Dreams La Romana Resort & Spa
Ranked #3 of 16 Hotels in Bayahibe
GreenLeadersGold level
Reviewed April 23, 2014 via mobile

I had such a great time it was nice and relaxing at the resort. The entertainment was so much fun and Picasso and his aerobics amazing oh and Cambell so sweet!!! We stayed for 7 days I'm coming back again next year. My least favorite thing was the food at the resteraunts, worst food was the Asian and Mexican, I just feel if you cook other cuisines you should make sure they are truly authentic. I wanted to have Domincan food and i did a couple times. Next time I come I will pack a suitcase of snacks. The other downside are the people selling stuff by the pool charging high prices. A guy wanted me to charge $100 dollars for 4 shirts, I can buy about 20 shirts for that price and they don't take no for answer. It's nice to be left alone. Other than that everything is amazing

• Stayed: April 2014
1  Thank sthimas
Mr J M, Chief Concierge at Dreams La Romana Resort & Spa, responded to this reviewResponded April 24, 2014

Dear Guest

We are so pleased that your stay here at our wonderful resort met with your expectations, and we are so happy that you have rated us 5 stars!!

We are pleased our entertainment team helped make your stay here even more memorable, we thank you for all of your feedback, positive and otherwise as this is an excellent way of making improvements in the future.

We hope to welcome you back again soon

Reviewed April 23, 2014

Just returned today from 11 days stay in this wonderful place. Everything was perfect. We stayed in honeymoon suite in Preferred Club. Really good service. All stuff in Preferred club very helpful and satisfied all our needs ASAP . Beach was clean . Nice lobby entertainment every night, great live music. Really thank you Diomedy in Lobby Bar, every evening she was so thoughtful ! Thank you Maria in salon and spa. She was amazing. And always thank you to our favorite Mr. Picasso in entertainment team. He's really funny. We stayed many times in this resort and looking forward to be back.

2  Thank Alisa F

Dear Alisa,

We are delighted that you have posted your 5 star review, and it is a great pleasure to read that your stay here with us exceeded your expectations,

As a repeat guest we are so thankful for the loyalty you continue to show us, and we cant wait to welcome you back, it is our pleasure to serve you.

Reviewed April 23, 2014

We stayed at Dreams while we were doing a partial mission trip to visit our sponsor children that live in San Pedro de Marcois. We never thought that the staff would be as wonderful and helpful as they were! The concierge were most helpful in getting our rides on the property. He would call them and make all the arrangements for us. Benjamin the doorman was always so cheerful extending a Dios Te Bendiga to us everytime he saw us. Juan Lappost was the best waiter we have ever had! What a beautiful heart this man has! Mildred did a wonderful job of replacing the color on my finger and toe nails. She was such a pleasure to talk to. The staff that we met truly loves working at the resort and it shows. We were impressed that so many of the staff are going to the University to improve their english or learn another language. That says a lot about the management of the resort! Our room was spotless all the time. If you are looking for a quiet stay ask for Building 5 overlooking the inner courtyard. The food was great. The coffee restaurant makes the best frozen coffee drinks ever! I cannot say anything bad about the resort because everything was perfect! My husband and I are planning on returning to Dreams every year as it was the most perfect resort we've ever been at. We would be happy to share our find with our friends and families!

Room Tip: The interior of building 5 is a quiet room.
2  Thank Sun_and_beach125

Dear Guest

We are delighted and grateful for the time you have taken to share your 5 star review of your stay at our wonderful hotel.

It was a pleasure to read your wonderful review and I am sure all of my co workers will be delighted with your feedback, it would be our pleasure to serve you again should you return in the future.

Reviewed April 23, 2014

The first and most important part of my review is for the Kids Exporer's Club. While I was initially worried on the first day when I stopped by that no one was there, I quickly realized that this was because they were out and about exploring and engaging in a lot of different fun activities. I cannot say enough about the Explorer's Club. Genesis, YaYa, Moriluz, and Velises made us feel very comfortable leaving our kids. They really got to know them, they knew us, and the kids had a great time. We have been on cruises before where I hated leaving kids in the kid's club because they were stuck inside playing video games the whole time. Not at Dreams - here they had the kids out at the pool, building sandcastles, dancing, playing games, etc. Genesis in particular was so energetic and upbeat even after she had worked a long day.

The entertainment team was also great. Lookey Lookey (DJ:Pollo) got to know my family well and was always positive. My 69 year old mother loves to dance Bachata, and he was always looking for her to twirl. Loly too was fun, accommodating, and energetic. There were always great activities to get involved with for the whole family. Dance parties, water polo, volleyball, etc. Some were kind of "cheesy," but if you let yourself get into the moment, then it's a lot of fun.

The accommodations were great. Our room was modest but spacious. The mini fridge was always stocked and the cleaning services was great. We had some difficulty getting an extra bed for our room and that took a number of phone calls to the concierge, but it was finally taken care of. We had a room in building 4 on the pool side. Yes, it was somewhat loud at night, but we were usually in bed after things had quieted down, and my kids sleep through anything. I liked facing the pool, because we could see out and better coordinate with our family who was out and about.

The Gri Gri diving group was fabulous and even got my 10 and 12 year olds out on a dive after some practicing in the pool. They will let those interested practice in the pool for free! The diving experience was easy and fun, and our divemaster Ricardo was funny, engaging, and excellent.

Food was good. Some places were better than others, but overall we were very pleased. We tried to get to dinner every night at 7pm, and when we were able to do that, we either had no wait, or minimal wait. Getting to dinner at 8pm meant there was a line. The buffet food was always tasty. I wished they had more mangos there, but I loved the papayas! The bars were great. My favorite bartender was Manuel who was funny, always remembered me, and had great service.

My biggest complaint (similar to many others) was not finding a lounge chair around the main pool. I didn't even try most days, but one day I walked around for 20 minutes noticing that less than half the loungers were being used but all had stuff on them. I finally laid down in one, only to be rudely told by another guest 30 minutes later that I took his lounger. He said he had been out on a walk (really?). When I gave it back to him, he didn't even use it! (The other guest and I made up later, and he turned out to be a nice person). I asked a staff member to see if they could get me one and they said, sorry that they were all taken. There has to be a better system... For example, if you can leave it unattended for no more than 15 minutes before the staff has the right to move your stuff. Shouldn't be too difficult to enforce. It was frustrating to pay significant dollars for this trip and not be able to find a place to lay down.

Other than that, it was a great resort and I would definitely recommend it to a friend.

Room Tip: building 4 on the pool side was louder at night, but I liked being able to look out and see my famil...
  • Stayed: April 2014, traveled with family
3  Thank Angela B

Dear Angela,

Thank you so much for choosing our resort as your holiday destination and we are thankful for the time you have taken to share your experience

We are so pleased to hear our Explorer's Club and our Entertainment team helped make your stay here even better, and we thank you for all of your feedback, this is an excellent way of making improvements in the future

We hope to welcome you back again soon

Reviewed April 23, 2014

Overall everything at this hotel is very good. We stayed in the preferred club section which is a must if you want to have a more relaxing quiet adult time without all the noise and activities that are available. Our pool man was fantastic for telling noisy children or people playing with balls in the pool that they had to use the larger pools at the other side of the hotel. So if you have children I would advise that you should not stay in the preferred club section as you could find it a problem been told to be quiet around the pool area. All the Restaurants are fine although we didn't try the Mexican or the Dominican restaurant as the Mexican did not have a good reputation with other guests who had been and the Dominican Restaurant is a wooded area and we didn't want mosi bites. We found the Oceania & Japanese Restaurants to be the best for food and service both by Mario & Felix and Wellington in the buffet restaurant was exceptional. We found The Italian & French restaurants too cold and the service in the Italian was poor - you need to promote Wellington (Jose) to the Italian to show them how service should be!

I would also mention that the rocky/beach area in front of the preferred clubs guest pool, should be kept cleaner, when I went for regular walks around that area their were beer bottles and general rubbish and even a large lorry tyre that had been washed up which spoils the natural beauty this area has to offer. Even though the main beach in front of the hotel owned by dreams is immaculate, I feel the hotel should ensure beyond your bounderies that the entire beach is checked and cleaned on a regular basis - these little points would make the hotel all that more special.

Lovely Room and excellent Maid service room 7223. You will not be disappointed if you are staying at this hotel all the staff are so friendly and will do anything to make your holiday enjoyable - special mention to Hector at the preferred club pool bar - a lovely man.

I hope you can take the negative comments in the review on board and correct these minor things. Thank you to everyone at Dreams for a wonderful holiday.

Room Tip: Ask for a pool or sea view, other wise you could end up with views of garden or woodland only.
2  Thank James C

Dear James

We are delighted to read that your time here at our wonderful hotel met with your expectations, and we are grateful that you have chosen to share your experience

We are so pleased that you enjoyed the benefits of the preferred club and we thank you for all of your feedback, we hope we have the pleasure of welcoming you back in the near future!

Reviewed April 22, 2014

We returned from Dreams on the 9th April and we were so sad to leave. Everything was perfect. The rooms were beautiful and spacious. We stayed in block 1, which was away from the main part of the hotel, so there was no noise at all. Our cleaner Elba, was so friendly and kept our room spotless. She was never without a smile!. Thank you Elba!. Also Omar, who stocked our mini bar, a big thank you to you aswell!
The food was brilliant. I cant understand how people can complain. There is something for everyone here. We definitely recommend the Lobster and Wine dinner on the beach. Although it does cost $39, it was superb.
We also recommend that you go to Saona Island with Juan from GriGri Divers. He is very friendly, and it was so simple to arrange things through him. He even arranged the speedboat trip (you get to drive your own speedboat).
The staff were so friendly and were always willing to help. Overall, our holiday was perfect in everyway, and we definitely recommend Dreams La Romana to everyone.
Thankyou!

Room Tip: Block 1 is very quiet of you want a goods nights sleep.
  • Stayed: March 2014, traveled as a couple
3  Thank NeilandSteph2114
Mr J M, Chief Concierge at Dreams La Romana Resort & Spa, responded to this reviewResponded April 23, 2014

Dear Neil and Steph,

We are thrilled that your time here at our wonderful hotel met with your expectations and we are so pleased that you rated us 5 stars!!

We are very happy to learn that you enjoyed our delicious food selection, and we will certainly pass on your kind comments to Elba and Omar, I am sure they will be delighted!

We hope to welcome you back again very soon

Reviewed April 22, 2014

great family vacation hotel! our friends Indiana and Jazmin were so friendly to us and our children! would highly recommend this resort! everyday on the beach there was a different themed lunch offered, and the restaurants were amazing! it was our wedding anniversary while we were there, and we tried the romantic dinner for 2 overlooking the ocean, and the meal was amazing! what a deal!

• Stayed: April 2014, traveled with family
1  Thank Jennifer V

Dear Jennifer,

We are delighted with your 5 star review and we are grateful for the time you have taken to tell us about your experience

It is with great pleasure that we read your time here has exceeded your expectations, and we are grateful for all of your feedback, we hope to welcome you back again soon!

Chief Concierge

Also consider these accommodations in or near Bayahibe
Catalonia Royal La Romana
Melia Caribe Tropical
Be Live Collection Canoa
Be Live Collection Canoa
#12 of 16 in Bayahibe

Been to Dreams La Romana Resort & Spa? Share your experiences!