Dreams La Romana Resort & Spa
$163
$148
Travelocity
  • Breakfast included
El Eden Hotel(Bayahibe)(Great Value!)
$60
$47
Cabana Elke(Bayahibe)(Great Value!)
$65
$60
Travelocity
Hotel Villa Iguana(Bayahibe)(Great Value!)
$55
$175
TripAdvisor
Priceline
12,323 results
All reviewsseaside grillworld cafepreferred clubpreferred poolmain pooleddie murphypablo picassofruit boatjungle restaurantinfinity poololio restaurantswim up barbutler serviceentertainment teamglass of champagnela romanacoffee shop
Reviewed April 14, 2014

I stayed at the Dreams La Romana 7-17 March with my husband and 6 months old son. The location looked good and the resort had good reviews (I still don't understand how come?!?!) so I was very excited about our holiday but I really regret booking this resort and I don't recommend this place, there must be something better on the island for this amount of money.

A few main points:
- I had emailed the resort a month in advance to request a cot bed and king size bed. After a few days I finally got a reply. At the check-in the resort had no record of this on the system.
- The check-in took us an hour which is not great after a long flight with a baby. We finally got a room (the last one available apparently) so the next day we had to move to another room (with king size bed as requested a month in advance) so packing again was annoying!
- From the family friendly resort I would expect them to have a baby bath available?!?!
- The rooms are old and outdated. Baby cot was scratched all over and it looked terrible. The shower curtain were old same as bath therefore even when its clean it doesn't look nice and welcoming.
- Several times the cleaner forgot to leave us clean towels so we had to chase the reception and wait which was unnecessary. Twice we got ripped towels (they looked like 10 years old!) which was a bit disgusting (I am attaching he photo)
- Really busy by the beach and pools so if you wont get your beach chairs before 8am then you are definitely not seating together
- We had two reservation back to back which one of them was lost by the hotel so they didn't see it on the system and it took me two days to sort it out, every morning I had to explain the situation to a different person..waste of time
- The quality of food and drinks is very average!

That's all what I can say. I would stay somewhere else the next time.

• Stayed: March 2014, traveled with family
11  Thank Joanna0024
Mr J M, Chief Concierge at Dreams La Romana Resort & Spa, responded to this reviewResponded April 21, 2014

Dear Joanna

We are so disappointed to learn that your stay here at our wonderful resort did not meet with your expectations, and we thank you for the time you have taken to tell us about your experience

We apologize for the mix up with the cot in your room, we always place our guest requests and always try our best to honor them, it is regrettable that this was not your experience and we are working on finding out exactly what happened.

We endeavor to create long lasting memories for our much valued guests, and it saddens us that on this occasion this has not happened, but we appreciate you bringing issues encountered to our attention as this is an excellent way of making improvements in the future

Reviewed April 14, 2014

We have just returned from my son's wedding on the 5th April at Dreams La Romana. There were 40 of us, which made two weeks feel like one big party with young and old enjoying all the facilities on offer and having a wonderful time. A few of our group had not been totally All Inclusive before and were amazed how much was on offer. Included are eight restaurants, all day pizza, all day fresh coffee shop with fresh sandwiches and pastries, 24h buffet restaurant and room service. Additionally burgers and hot dogs from the beach BBQ from 12-4 if you can't bear to leave the white sand and warm Carribean sea!! It was incredibly hard to make your mind up which cocktail to have, try a 'Broken Heart' at the lobby bar, my favorite! You must ask for top brands, which are readily available, or you will get local rum, gin etc. Also, ask for bottled coke, or you will get the type from a syphon! All at no extra cost. Back to the wedding. We were all slightly apprehensive, organising a wedding for 40 from the UK, but we had many emails from our wedding planner Yanna and were well assured. When my son arrived with his fiancée (ahead of the rest of the party) they spent a few hours with Yanna who had all their requests on file and went through everything thoroughly with other helpful suggestions. The Wedding Planner office is very accessible and if your planner isn't there, her lovely assistant is there for you. They are so accommodating, we even changed our menu to include lobster, two days before the wedding! The day was perfect, we had the local photographer recommended by Yanna and were delighted with our photos, which we had the next day!! Jorge, the photographer was brilliant and went the extra mile. They were better than some wedding photos I have seen here in the UK! We also had a video, which was also recommended and he too was brilliant. The video is superb with many special touches that we didn't expect. We were told the DJ we had booked, didn't speak very good English and were a little worried, but In the end, he too was wonderful and we had no problem communicating what we wanted. We had the beach gazebo which is more private than other venues and it was very special with beautiful scenery, followed by a reception on the beach. Dinner was in the alfresco Oceanna restaurant (exclusive to our party) which was decorated with fairy lights, very special. The food was excellent and so was the service! Excelente as they say!!! I also spoke to the Spa manager about a few things, and she too was extremely helpful. Everyone, goes out of their way to help you and to make your life easier. They really do want you to have a good time. Most of the group said they would return, despite many used to paying three times the price for carribean holidays (can't have a better reference than that). Because of the wedding we had an amazing holiday so much to do, or do nothing. Would just like to clarify the room situation. Deluxe rooms (blocks 1-3) have a bath with fixed shower and seem to be of a lesser standard than Premium rooms (blocks 4 & 5) which have walk in shower and smarter decor. They really care about making your holiday special and don't be put off by the low cost compared to a formal UK venue wedding. Would be happy to speak to anyone who wants more info about weddings!

Stayed: April 2014, traveled with friends
1  Thank Karen&Mike
Mr J M, Chief Concierge at Dreams La Romana Resort & Spa, responded to this reviewResponded April 15, 2014

Dear Karen and Mike

We are so pleased and honored that your stay here at our wonderful resort exceeded your expectations, it sounds like you had a brilliant time here!

We are so happy that the wedding was everything you imagined and more and we will certainly pass on your kind comments to Yanna who will be thrilled with your feedback,

It has been truly great to read all of your incredible feedback and we hope to have the opportunity to welcome you back again in the future

Reviewed April 13, 2014

We have been home for a couple of days and I keep reading the reviews of this resort and think I must just be missing something. The resort itself is ok. The grounds are nice. Staff are very nice and helpful. The pools are nice, but we have seen much nicer. Our room needed major renovations. The food was not very good at all. In fact a couple of our meals at the Mexican and the Asian were not edible so we went to the buffet after. Aside from the French restaurant we preferred just eating all our meals at the World Buffet, at least we could find something to eat. The beach was small and the sand was hard. Not very nice compared to other Carribbean destinations we have visited. The entertainment at night was not good at all and the casino is super tiny. Overall we would probably not visit The Dominican again, but if we do it would be at a different resort. I just keep wondering why others think it is so great and what I am missing.

Stayed: April 2014, traveled with family
5  Thank mylo5765

Dear Guest

It was our pleasure to be your hosts during your vacation, and we appreciate the time you have taken to tell us about your experience of your time here

We are extremely disappointed to hear that your stay with us did not meet with your expectations, we always endeavor to create long lasting memories for our much valued guests, it is regrettable on this occasion that did not happen, however we always appreciate all feedback left to us, both positive and otherwise as this is a excellent way of making improvements in the future,

Reviewed April 13, 2014

I had a piece of glass in my foot directly after that the concierge king noticed me strugling with my foot so he came to me to help me on my way to the medical center.
There i met alejandro he was very gentle and carefull, so i appreciate that, he helped me quick and good ! Now i can continue playing basketball ;)

-The service was very good !

• Stayed: April 2014

Dear Guest

We thank you kindly for taking the time to tell us about your experience here at our wonderful resort, it is great that your time with us met with your expectations, and we appreciate your great comments regarding the staff and the service you received here, we will certainly pass on your feedback to those mentioned, I am sure they will be delighted.

We hope to welcome you back again soon!

Reviewed April 13, 2014

In late March we spent a week at the Dreams La Romana booked through Apple Vacations and could not have been happier with our choice. Although La Romana is on the south coast of the DR we still flew into Punta Cana airport via a non-stop Apple charter flight. If available, an Apple charter flight is the only way to travel to the DR. It was an easy 50 minute trip from the airport to Dreams on a nice four lane road. The south coast is much quieter than the northeast coast and this Dreams resort is by itself so there weren't the crowds or the beach vendors. Additionally the water is calmer and one can watch the ocean sunsets.
Without fail the staff at Dreams was very friendly and willing to please. The grounds and buildings were well maintained. Because all guests can go to any of the restaurants without restriction, there are not any wrist bands. While we didn't use them there were quite a few activities for adults and kids during the day. We opted for the upgrade to the Preferred Club (PC) and felt it was worth the additional cost. A prime benefit is that the PC has its own infinity pool. Servers were always on hand to take drink orders and lunch orders mid-day. A private lounge with top shelf liquors, excellent snacks, concierge, and free internet is located between the two buildings housing PC guests. Additionally one restaurant is open for breakfast exclusively for PC guests rather than going to the self-serve buffet. A separate lounge area next to the beach is also available for PC guests. Our room was well appointed with a comfortable bed, nice bathroom, and oversize shower. Our second floor balcony was on small side but adequate. First floor rooms have a substantially larger patio.
Regarding the food we feel is it is only fair to compare all inclusive resort food with each other, not to what we would find in the US. With that perspective Dreams food was, for the most part, quite good. Presentation was excellent and portions were sufficient. Beef seemed to be the one food where it was difficult to find satisfactory quality. Although we had a lobster and filet dinner ocean side that was good. Not every restaurant is open every night but the variety was good. Wait service, like the rest of the resort, was friendly. One note – if you prefer cream in your coffee, bring individual packets of artificial creamer from home. Like other resorts they use a reconstituted milk which is like using skim milk and tastes horrible.
Dreams has a long ocean front of which about half is beach. It was adequate but if you want a long expansive beach, Bavaro beach on the northeast coast would be a better choice. Dreams La Romana is a great resort for a restful vacation. We’ll return.

• Stayed: March 2014, traveled as a couple
1  Thank brookhillbob
Mr J M, Chief Concierge at Dreams La Romana Resort & Spa, responded to this reviewResponded April 14, 2014

Dear Guest

We are delighted to hear that your time here at our wonderful resort exceeded your expectations, and we appreciate all of your great feedback.

We are so honored that you have stated that the staff here and the service you received were one of your highlights, and we are also pleased that you enjoyed the benefits of our Preferred Club.

We certainly hope we are able to welcome you back again soon!