My husband, two kids (8 & 12) and I just returned from a 7 night stay at Dreams La Romana. We stayed in the non-preferred section, in Building 3. There were mostly Canadians and Europeans at the resort, lots of families and multi-generation families.
- The entertainment team made our stay so much fun, they were full of energy and put on great shows and activities
- The staff – everyone was very friendly and helpful
- Lots of activities – aerobics on the beach, aerobics in the ocean, games (Olympic events, paella cooking contest, super bingo, archery, etc…) and when you participate, you earn “Dreams dollars” that you can use at auctions in the evenings to get t-shirts, hats, rum or coffee
- good layout – 8 buildings run perpendicular to the beach and the size is perfect so you don’t have to walk too far for anything
- a la carte restaurants do not need reservations and since we have kids, we usually eat around 6:30/7pm so there was never any line ups for us. We would walk around, read the menus outside of the restaurants and if something catches our eye, we just walk in
- overall the food ranged from average to good, enjoyed the Dominican restaurant “Jungle” the most (outdoor set up on the beach), as well as Dominican night at the buffet
- coffee shop just off the main lobby is wonderful – good coffee, cappuccino, espresso, hot chocolate, ice coffees, sandwiches and pastries/dessert, all included
- beautiful grounds – lots of people working to keep it clean and neat
- the beach, albeit a little small, hardly had any waves and was gently sloped, so it was perfect for our kids… they could snorkel or got out quite far without any worries of large waves or undertows. The water was very warm.
- only a 5 minutes walk down the beach to Seavis Tours in Bayahibe where we joined a Saona Crusoe VIP Tour
- our room was basic (which was fine since we were only there for sleeping) but clean, we were in Building 3 which is close to the buffet and one of the pools. We were on the third floor and it was nice because the ceiling was very high with a ceiling fan which made the room feel bigger.
- not sure why but our sheets felt quite damp, even with the air conditioning going at full blast
- husband and I both had stomach problems on Day 4 but our kids were fine (I don’t drink at all so can’t blame too much alcohol!)
- very aggressive sales reps that hunts you down to get you to go to their sales presentation
- not enough loungers by the pool so had to wake up at 7am to get a spot (the beach had more loungers but all taken by 9am)
- rooms were not very sound proof, can hear everything in the hallway and the people next to us. There was no sleeping-in!
- had to pay to use WiFi (may not be a con as we went without electronics for a week which was great!). They were installing wifi hardware in the rooms the day before we left so I think free wifi is coming very soon
If we were to go again:
- We would bring more snacks like chips, chocolate and candy… very expensive in the gift shop
Things I am glad we brought:
- bug spray (we all got a few mosquito bites even with the spray)
- lots of sunscreen (very expensive at the gift shop)
- a club size bottle of Pepto and packets of electrolyte powder
- an inflatable floatie for the kids (expensive at gift shop)
- water shoes (for excursions)
Overall, we had a wonderful time. The resort was beautiful, great staff and it was nice to get away from the cold winter.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Set amidst a world of pristine beaches, lush tropical jungle and turquoise sea on the southeast coast of the Dominican Republic, Dreams La Romana is the perfect resort for singles, couples and families. Unlimited Luxury Enjoy the many amenities of Unlimited-Luxury at Dreams La Romana Resort & Spa, where nearly everything is included. Every gourmet meal, every fine wine and cocktail, and so much more. At Dreams La Romana Resort & Spa, these amenities include: •Elegant accommodations with incredible views •Gourmet dining at eleven specialty restaurants •24-hour room service •Unlimited top-shelf spirits at seven festive bars and lounges •All day and nighttime activities and entertainment •Option to upgrade to Preferred Club privileges •Free WiFi and international calling with Unlimited Connectivity (coming soon) •Full breakfast, lunch, dinner and snacks •Unlimited natural fruit juices and soft drinks •Unlimited international and domestic top-shelf spirits •Complimentary mini-bar refreshed daily with soft drinks, juices, bottled water and beer •24-hour room service •Specialty restaurants with no reservations required •Themed parties, oceanfront bars and entertainment venues •Pristine swimming pools •Pool and beach wait service •Endless daytime activities and live nightly entertainment •Explorer's Club for kids with supervised activities •Core Zone Teens Club with teen activities •Fitness center •No wristbands required •All taxes and gratuities Unlimited Top-Shelf Spirits Enjoy international and domestic top-shelf spirits, fine wines and ice-cold beer at any of our seven bars and lounges. Then keep the party going with 24-hour room service and your own complimentary mini-bar. All of your favorite drinks are served without limit or expected gratuities at Dreams La Romana Resort & Spa. World-Class Spa Indulge and invigorate your senses with a day in the Dreams Spa by Pevonia. Spanning more than 21,000 square feet, the on-site spa at Dreams La Romana Resort & Spa offers a la carte treatment options ranging from the traditional to transcendent. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, TravelUp, Booking.com, BookIt.com, Hotels.com, Travelocity, Orbitz, TripOnline SA and HotelQuickly so you can book your Dreams La Romana Resort & Spa reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Dreams La Romana Bayahibe
- Dreams La Romana Hotel Bayahibe
- Dreams La Romana Resort & Spa Dominican Republic/Bayahibe