We went to Dreams La Romana in February 2014. It was 2 adults and 3-year old. All 3 of us had the best time ever: the staff was extremely nice, our room was ocean front on the 3 floor, which meant vaulted ceilings and some exercise:). The food at the buffet was exceptional and the presentation especially at dinner was beautiful.
My son went to Explorer's club and Genesis and other girls there made sure he was taken care of and had a great time. They even had a pirate day, camping night, bungee jumping and so much more.
Entertainment was great. We loved doing yoga on the beach, aerobics with Picasso and dancing with Rihanna and other girls and guys as they all dance great (Chocolate, Edward, Felix come first to mind).
I went to the gym to work out and the staff on duty were so great and helpful. I even got personal lessons as it sure felt that way. Don't forget to smell essential oils in the spa that are made in DR (sweet orange is my favorite) and drink some chlorophyll water: so good for you and it is free!
They just opened a gelato store that unfortunately is extra cost but boy it was worth it: it is made in DR by real Italians using their old traditional method.
The little stores they have at the resort are great: we bought a number of things there that were unique and well priced.
Remember not to feed the flamingos: some tourists were very rude and claimed it was not written in their language and proceeded feeding poor flamingos. Our people food is very damaging for them.
I will even mention my favorite towel girl Joly that became my friend there as we spoke everyday while I was walking by or getting my towels.
Always keep your eyes peeled on the schedule: there are so many fun events, you will never be bored. And the water is gorgeous: swim a lot.
The locals and the staff love it when you smile, say excellente, and try to speak Spanish even if you just say Aqua, mucho gracias etc. Your experience will be so much better if you are happy and nice. They live at their job and deserve to be respected!
Have fun and I hope my review was helpful.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Set amidst a world of pristine beaches, lush tropical jungle and turquoise sea on the southeast coast of the Dominican Republic, Dreams La Romana is the perfect resort for singles, couples and families. Unlimited Luxury Enjoy the many amenities of Unlimited-Luxury at Dreams La Romana Resort & Spa, where nearly everything is included. Every gourmet meal, every fine wine and cocktail, and so much more. At Dreams La Romana Resort & Spa, these amenities include: •Elegant accommodations with incredible views •Gourmet dining at eleven specialty restaurants •24-hour room service •Unlimited top-shelf spirits at seven festive bars and lounges •All day and nighttime activities and entertainment •Option to upgrade to Preferred Club privileges •Free WiFi and international calling with Unlimited Connectivity (coming soon) •Full breakfast, lunch, dinner and snacks •Unlimited natural fruit juices and soft drinks •Unlimited international and domestic top-shelf spirits •Complimentary mini-bar refreshed daily with soft drinks, juices, bottled water and beer •24-hour room service •Specialty restaurants with no reservations required •Themed parties, oceanfront bars and entertainment venues •Pristine swimming pools •Pool and beach wait service •Endless daytime activities and live nightly entertainment •Explorer's Club for kids with supervised activities •Core Zone Teens Club with teen activities •Fitness center •No wristbands required •All taxes and gratuities Unlimited Top-Shelf Spirits Enjoy international and domestic top-shelf spirits, fine wines and ice-cold beer at any of our seven bars and lounges. Then keep the party going with 24-hour room service and your own complimentary mini-bar. All of your favorite drinks are served without limit or expected gratuities at Dreams La Romana Resort & Spa. World-Class Spa Indulge and invigorate your senses with a day in the Dreams Spa by Pevonia. Spanning more than 21,000 square feet, the on-site spa at Dreams La Romana Resort & Spa offers a la carte treatment options ranging from the traditional to transcendent. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Expedia, BookIt.com, TravelUp, Priceline, Orbitz, Hotels.com, Travelocity, Agoda, TripOnline SA, getaroom.com and HotelQuickly so you can book your Dreams La Romana Resort & Spa reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Dreams La Romana Bayahibe
- Dreams La Romana Hotel Bayahibe
- Dreams La Romana Resort & Spa Dominican Republic/Bayahibe