“Excellent”

GreenLeadersGold level
Bristol, United Kingdom
“Excellent”
Reviewed November 26, 2013

I got married here in 2010 and can't fault anything.
Everything from the food to the staff was wonderful!!

We took 40 friends and family with us and 20 and then decided to return for a second trip two years later!!

• Stayed December 2012, traveled solo
1 Thank Smithy306
Mr J M, Chief Concierge at Dreams La Romana Resort & Spa, responded to this review, November 27, 2013
Trip Advisor response to - Smithy306

Date of review - 26th November

Dear Guest,

We are honored that you chose to have your wedding day here at Dreams La Romana and we are delighted that the day was everything you hoped for and more, we are so happy we exceeded your expectations.

Thank you very much for your feedback

Chief Concierge

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (2,147)
  • Czech first
  • Slovak first
  • Thai first
Boston, Massachusetts
Reviewed November 26, 2013

I was so pleased with my stay at the Dreams La Romana. The rooms were great all was neat and clean.. the pools and beaches were amazing.. food was to die for, I absolutely love all excretions that were offered.. The people that work there were excellent, there was one that stood out and over did himself Carlos Gil, It was a group of us and he work in the lobby bar, he out did himself made us feel so welcomed and comfortable his services where perfect great customer service always with a smile.. people like him really make guest want to return. I would recommend this resort to people.. Thanks For great time a vacation to remember.. (*_*)

• Stayed October 2013, traveled with friends
1 Thank almaxa1425
Trip Advisor response to - almaxa1245

Date of review - 26th November 2013

Dear Guest,

Thank you very much for posting a review of your experience here at Dreams La Romana, it was a pleasure to be your hosts

We are delighted to hear that we surpassed your expectations and we are so happy that you enjoyed our delicious food selection. We appreciate all of your feedback and we will certainly pass on your great comments to Carlos Gil who i'm sure will be delighted

It would be an honor to serve you again in the future

Mesa, Arizona
Reviewed November 26, 2013

Stayed at the Dreams La Romana Resort in October 2013 for 5 days. Traveled with a small group, 6 people (3 couples) age mid-30s to mid-40s. We all had booked the Preferred Club.
My husband and I have traveled a bit, numerous times to the Caribbean and several times to Cancun-area of Mexico. We’ve stayed in both All-Inclusive Resorts, and also smaller, non-AI hotels. I’m going to focus this review mainly on the Preferred Club areas.
As far as the resort overall… very nice resort, pretty standard accommodations for a large All-Inclusive Resort, beach was “OK” (been to nicer beaches in other locations), lots of lounge chairs, a little annoying with the vendors walking the beach, but not horrible; Restaurants were again pretty standard for a large AI Resort… buffet was good with lots of choices and selections, numerous A-La-Carte Restaurants to choose from (only a few were open each night we were there), no reservations required, food “OK”, not horrible, not fantastic either. Staff very nice and accommodating for the most part. Casino was a joke, seriously. About 1,200 sq. ft. TOTAL. 2 Banks of Slot Machines (of which only about 3 out of the 8 machines total worked), one Roulette table, and a couple of card tables. Great idea if you want to kill some time, but don’t plan on spending more than 20-30 minutes TOPs in the Casino.
OK… as far as the Preferred Club goes… when we all arrived at the Resort together, it was around 11PM on a Wednesday night. The lobby was still hopping with lots of guests. We were the only ones checking in at the time. No special welcome (being we were Preferred), no champagne drinks, no tour of the property… nada. Took about 20 minutes to get us all checked in. Had 3 separate rooms, 2 were in Bldg. 5, one was in Bldg. 7. ONE GUY to help bring the luggage for all 6 of us to our rooms. When we got to Bldg. 5… the poor guy tried to carry as many pieces of luggage as he possibly could BY HAND up to the 2nd floor. Of course, my guys stepped in and helped him. Because we never got our proper “Preferred Club Check In”, we were not aware of many things, like the fact that we needed to collect our Special Yellow Towels at the Preferred Club Pool (we got the normal blue ones at the beach). We did not know where our Preferred Beach was until later, we did not know until the LAST NIGHT of our stay that there was a Preferred Club Bar with TOP SHELF LIQUOR, etc. etc.
Preferred Club Rooms … I’m not really sure if there is a difference in rooms, whether you are Preferred Club or not. I stayed in Building 5, 2nd floor, right in the middle of the building. I had no issues whatsoever with noise from other rooms (not next door, not above me, not below me). None. Maybe it was just pure luck… but again, no noise issues. One night there was a drunken couple outside of our room arguing in the middle of the night. Other than that… no issues with noise. The room itself was “OK”. Very pretty decorations, although a bit … used. Not old. Not run-down. Everything was just showing a little “wear and tear”, if you know what I mean. But overall… a pretty nice room.
Preferred Club Beach … once we found it … I was a little disappointed. First of all, there is too much shade. Yes, you read that correctly, too much shade! When I go on a Beach Vacation, I want to sit in the sunshine and get a tan. There were numerous thatch-umbrellas throughout the entire small Preferred Beach area. It was pretty difficult to position your lounge chair in the sunshine. In addition, there was no direct access to the beach. You could either climb down some rocks, or walk around to the “Main Beach” area. The walk around wasn’t bad, seriously took like 20 seconds. But it was a hassle. Why not make a direct beach access from the Preferred Beach? One more thing about the Preferred Beach area… it was quiet. And I mean QUIET. We were a group of 6 (3 couples) and we drank. And we got a bit loud. And we got some stares. And I’m sure we upset some of the guests. We eventually left to go to the Preferred Pool…
The Preferred Pool… again… quiet. QUIET! We even got “shushed” while we were in the pool. We were told to be quiet, we were disturbing other guests! The pool itself was nice. Not huge, not right on the ocean, not a LOT of people there (at least not the times that we went). This pool is situated directly between Building 5 and Building 7. There is a Bar here as well.
I think this is about all I remember about being “Preferred”. It’s not like we walked around and the staff members immediately recognized that we were “Preferred Guests”. We did not get special seating privileges. We did not get to cut in line at the buffet, or at the bar. Overall, my opinion is this: if you want to FEEL like you are more special than the other guests of the resort, then go for the Preferred. If you are looking to have a bit of FUN on your vacation, maybe drink a little too much, maybe laugh a little too loud… you may not want to go Preferred. I certainly did not feel like I got my money's worth upgrading to Preferred Club. The benefits were just not there for me.
In closing... yes I would definitely come back to this resort, however, I would opt to NOT upgrade to the Preferred.

• Stayed October 2013, traveled as a couple
4 Thank beachbumaz
Mr J M, Chief Concierge at Dreams La Romana Resort & Spa, responded to this review, November 29, 2013
Trip Advisor response to -beachbumaz

Date of review - 26th November 2013

Dear Guest,

We are delighted that you chose to spend your vacation here at Dreams La Romana and we thank you for posting a review of your experience with us.

We are very pleased to hear that you would return to our resort and we are happy that for the most part your time here met with your expectations, and should you come back again it would be an honor for us to serve you.

We are disappointed to learn that you did not enjoy your experience in our preferred club, we usually receive excellent feedback about this service, it is regrettable that this did not reach out to you as expected.

We offer our apologies that you were not offered a welcome drink or properly informed of the preferred club benefits, we very much appreciate you bringing this to our attention as this is an excellent way of us making improvements in the future.

once again we appreciate your feedback and we sincerely hope we have the opportunity to be your hosts again in the near future

Iowa
Reviewed November 25, 2013

This was my 13th visit to Dreams in La Romana. I started going when it was a sunscape resort so I have seen the transition. Have always been very happy with everythng about the resort. Beautiful location and outstanding staff, all levels! The new highway from Punta Cana makes this resort and even better value (45 minuet ride). If you are a spring break type of traveler this is probably not for you. If you enjoy great pools, awsome beach, comfortable rooms, lots of activities, many options of dining, then you will enjoy this resort. Most important part of the resort, its staff, especially the entertainment group. Very hard working and do all they can to make sure you enjoy your visit. Take advantage of the close location to Bayahibe. Get a feel for what the Dominican really is all about. Will be going back in April.

Room Tip: Buildings 3 and 4 are centrally located to pools and restaurants
  • Stayed November 2013, traveled with friends
1 Thank arealtorbob
Mr J M, Chief Concierge at Dreams La Romana Resort & Spa, responded to this review, November 26, 2013
Trip Advisor response to - arealtorbob

Dear Guest,

As a repeat guest to our wonderful resort we would like to extend our gratitude to the loyalty that you continue to show us, and it is our pleasure to serve you.

We are so pleased that once again we surpassed your expectations, and we thank you for all of your great feedback, it is an honor for us that you have recognized our hard working staff.

We very much hope we get to welcome you back for a 14th time!

Brookville, Pennsylvania
Reviewed November 25, 2013

My girlfriends and I (6 of us total) stayed from Nov 15th - 22nd celebrating our 50th. This was my third time to stay at a Dreams resort but my first time at Dreams LaRomana. Quickest and easiest check in I have ever encountered anywhere! Rooms were clean and the maintained excellent. The entertainment staff was awesome...Mr. Eddie Murphy and Picasso were absolutely delightful. Bar employees Marino (beach bar) and Manuel (pool bar) were terrific. The resort went out of it's way to make sure our birthdays were very special. A great BIG THANKS to Iris for making sure our 50th birthday celebration will never been forgotten. Beach was clean. Lots of chairs and shade. Beach waitress did an exceptional job while smiling all the time. Food was plentiful and good. Resort grounds were well maintained...beautiful. Terrific time had by all.

Room Tip: Building 4 by the pool is centrally located to everything.
  • Stayed November 2013, traveled with friends
2 Thank Kim L
Trip Advisor response to - Kim L

Dear Kim,

We are delighted you and your party chose our wonderful resort to celebrate your 50th birthday's, and we are glad the big day was everything you imagined and more.

We are so pleased that we surpassed your expectations, and we appreciate all of your great feedback, I will certainly pass on your kind comments to the staff mentioned who made your stay with us even more enjoyable

We hope we have the honor of serving you again in the future

Glasgow, UK
Reviewed November 25, 2013 via mobile

All I can say is WOW!
Been to dreams punt Cana and this is first trip to other side of Island.
Family of 7 went.

Worth every penny spent!

Staff amazing, food amazing and very clean.

Entertainment sometimes a hit and miss.

Smaller than other resort but more personal.

Recommend the Mexicans resteraunt! All restraints good but this was my favourite.

Room service great, good tv channels.

Will be going back!

Stayed September 2013
3 Thank CarolAnn1402
Trip Advisor response to - CarolAnn1402

Dear Carol Ann,

We are delighted you allowed Dreams La Romana to be your hosts during your vacation and we are very thankful you took the time to post a review of your experience here at our beautiful resort,

We are thrilled that we surpassed your expectations, and we appreciate all of your kind feedback, we are excited to learn that you would like to return, we do hope that happens as it will be a great pleasure to serve you once again

Reviewed November 24, 2013

The overall hotel's rating would be excellent. The food and staff were amazing. We loved all the restaurants and cafe's and the staff everywhere was pleasant and welcoming.
The water at the beach was the most beautiful water I have ever swam in. It was clean and clear - and not a single waive. The sand at the beach was also marvelous.
The only thing at the beach that upset me was the fact that there were a lot of women who tanned toppless. There were a lot of kids around and I felt a little embarrassed.
I do not think women should be allowed to take off their tops while at the family resort. Or there should be special sections of the beach dedicated for it.
We also think that entertainment could have been better. The show was not as good as it was 5 years ago when we visited this hotel.
Overall, this hotel is beautiful and I feel well rested and refreshed.
Thank you Dreams for a dream vacation!

Room Tip: Preferred Club at this hotel is not worth considering. It is located in two of the buildings and th...
  • Stayed November 2013, traveled with family
1 Thank CheburashkaYulka
Trip Advisor response to - CheburashkaYulka

Date of review - 24th November 2013

Dear Guest,

We are honored that you chose Dreams La Romana as your holiday destination and we kindly thank you for the time you have taken to post a review of your experience here at our wonderful resort.

We are so pleased to hear that you enjoyed our extensive food selection and that you were happy with the service you received from our staff, it is great to hear that we have met with your expectations,

We hope we have the opportunity of serving you again in the near future.

Chief Concierge
Also consider these accommodations in or near Bayahibe
Casa de Campo Resort & Villas
Ocean Blue & Sand
Ocean Blue & Sand
#13 of 25 in Bavaro
Iberostar Hacienda Dominicus

Been to Dreams La Romana Resort & Spa? Share your experiences!