Dreams La Romana Resort & Spa
If you like this hotel, you might also be interested in
$258
Iberostar.com
  • Breakfast included
$131
$109
Cabana Elke(Bayahibe)
$60
$58
Los Flamencos Aparthotel(Bayahibe)(Great Value!)
$61
$58
  • Pool
El Eden Hotel(Bayahibe)
$60
$49
Hotel Villa Iguana(Bayahibe)(Great Value!)
$55
Hotel Bayahibe(Bayahibe)
$70
$54
  • Breakfast included
Villa Baya Aparta-Hotel(Bayahibe)(Great Value!)
$50
Hotwire.com
12,171 results
All reviewsseaside grillworld cafepreferred clubpreferred poolmain pooleddie murphypablo picassofruit boatjungle restaurantinfinity poololio restaurantswim up barbutler serviceentertainment teamglass of champagnela romanacoffee shop
FilterAll languages
Reviewed September 14, 2013

Right this is a tricky review in regards certain aspects of our 2 week break there was absolutely stunning but other things let it down big style!!
Start with the excellent!
Service in bars and restaurants brilliant especially the Manatee Bar staff and Benni in World cafe
The food is the World cafe.
The beach - absolutely beautiful
The pools clean and service great
The gardens which were well kept
Now the not so good- we upgraded to the Preferred Club but didn't get the room so the next day we cancelled. After a week I still hadn't the refund so I went to reception to sort it. I was promised it would be sorted the following working day but after 4 consecutive days of visiting reception still hasn't had refund which was a little tiring!
Then the Amstaf rep - Wilson. How he works in travel in beyond me! He was rude and had no knowledge of our flight time home or our transfer which we presumed came from our absence from the welcome briefing (we were given incorrect time to meet him!!)
The beach sales people, again read above! If you didn't buy from them then they got funny with you this should be sorted by hotel management ASAP
The a la carte restaurants...don't bother is my advice- the menus are the same every day and yhe queues can be quite long - get an outside table in the World Cafe and help yourself to all the beautiful food in there.
To be fair though I would seriously recommend this place- it's a 4 star hotel and you get for what you pay for. A little bit more care and attention to rooms etc and could easily be a 5*

• Stayed: August 2013
3  Thank ALD70
Rudy R, Resident Manager at Dreams La Romana Resort & Spa, responded to this reviewResponded September 17, 2013

Trip Advisor response to - ALD70

Date of review - 15th September 2013

Dear Guest,

Thank you for choosing Dreams La Romana as your holiday destination and we appreciate the time you have taken to write a review of your stay with us.

We are very pleased to hear that certain aspects of your stay with us met with your expectations, we are very happy you enjoyed our Manatee bar and our World Café Buffet, and we are very grateful for your comments regarding our beautifully kept grounds and we thank you for recommending our resort to other people.

However we are disappointed that other aspects did not reach your expectations, please allow me to clarify that we have 7 a'la carte restaurants within our resort, each restaurant has a different menu with various options on there, we very rarely receive any negative feedback regarding our menu choice so this is surprising to us, however we do appreciate your comments.

We are genuinely very sorry for the mix up regarding your check in and the subsequent refund, and we hope this did not cause you too much inconvenience.

Lastly, although not employees of the hotel, we do thank you for your feedback regarding the representatives within the resort and we will pass your comments on to the relevant people.

Reviewed September 14, 2013

This hotel was just great. I had an amazing time and a great experience. I was on holiday for 10 days with my family, and it seemed to have everything. Loads of variety on food and great availability. Service was fantastic, especially the lobby bars and pool bars. Got to try Henry's Special (made by henry himself at the bar).

The hotel was always kept clean to a great standard. The maid (Yuberkis) was fab, always cleaning room in good time and leaving us nice towel decorations. Even when it rained, the outdoor cleaners would be out before you know it, sweeping away any leaves. just EXCELENTE.

As a family we celebrated two birthdays, which were a bit difficult to organise but again were celebrated beautifully.

But of course the entertainment was 100%. The team were amazing, always engaging and pleasant to talk to. Great for both kids and adults.

The entertainment team had lots of activities lined up- AquaGym in the morning with either JACOB, OMEGA or PICASO was EXCELENTE. They always kept everyone on their feet and smiling. Music was also great when dancing in the sea- good choice of catchy songs.
Night shows were well prepared for (even when they have hectic schedules) as they performed something new every day.
Core Zone was also a great place to relax with the family for a bit of pool or a game of foosball (foosball table).
All thanks to jacob, omega, picaso, benjamin, jeffrey, katherine and yari. The entertainers made it a great experience whilst on the resort. And i would definitely do it all over again.

If you are interested in taking part in other activities which are not on the resort, there is plenty of information available around the hotel or people to guide you in the correct direction.

Definitely a great experience.

Thanks again!

Room Tip: i had a normal room which was great, as i was planning on spending each day on the resort itself.
  • Stayed: September 2013, traveled with family
2  Thank Karishmap92
Rudy R, Resident Manager at Dreams La Romana Resort & Spa, responded to this reviewResponded September 15, 2013

Trip Advisor response to - Karishmap92

Date of review - 14th September 2013

Dear Guest,

Thank you very much for choosing Dreams La Romana to be your hosts during your vacation and we appreciate the time you have taken to write a review of your stay with us.

We are very pleased to hear your time at our beautiful hotel met with your expectations, we thank you for all of your wonderful feedback and I will certainly pass on your kind comments to our entertainment team who made your stay even more enjoyable

we do hope we get the opportunity to serve you again in the future

Reviewed September 14, 2013

This was my first ever solo vacation and Dreams La Romana was the perfect resort, I made friends with other couples and the hotel staff always made me feel like I was a VIP. Not once did I ever feel alone, quite the reverse I felt as if I were with family, I would definetly recommend this trip for anyone going solo.

The maids had my room adorned with beautiful flowers and towels that were made into swans etc., The staff in the restaraunts were very tentative, pleasant and funny, the bar staff every time they served a drink they told you 'it's a pleasure' every time! awesome.

The beach is fantastic clean and again the beach bar attendants excellent, the water was so clear that you could see the white fish in the water, I have never felt so relaxed and comfortable on a beach before as I have done here, I went on 2 trips and I think I would have preferred just to stay on the beach. The pools are also excellent the beach was my preffered place.

Dreams La Romana, THANK YOU for the most amazing vacation I have had in a very long time.

• Stayed: August 2013, traveled solo
1  Thank Snowqueen830
Rudy R, Resident Manager at Dreams La Romana Resort & Spa, responded to this reviewResponded September 16, 2013

Trip Advisor response to - Snowqueen830

Date of review - 14th September 2013

Dear Guest,

Thank you for choosing Dreams La Romana as your holiday destination and we thank you kindly for the time you have taken to write a review of your stay with us.

We are delighted that your time at our wonderful resort met with your expectations and we are very grateful for all of your wonderful feedback, we are so pleased that our staff treat you like a VIP and that you enjoyed the service they gave to you, here at Dreams La Romana we pride ourselves on the service we give to our much valued guests, we thank you for recognizing that

We would love for you to return to our resort in the future as it would be a pleasure to serve you once again

Reviewed September 13, 2013

My husband and I spent 2 weeks at Dreams and we had an absolutely fantastic time.. We upgraded before we arrived at the resort to the Preferred club. The upgrade was well worth it. We had a fabulous room, we were able to enjoy the fun and activities of the main pool and infinity pool but then go back to the quieter pool. The attendant at the preferred club (funguni - Sorry I know I have spelt this incorrectly) he was so well mannered and he made sure that the preferred area was just for the preferred guests in the most professional manner. The girls on the preferred club reception were lovely and they had excellent customer service skills. I fainted with the heat on day and I could not have been more well looked after, from the hotel staff to the doctor. I even got a call later that evening to check how I was feeling. I felt that staff really did go over and above and that they genuinely wanted us to have a wonderful holiday. I would definitely recommend the romantic meal on the pier.. at the end of the Pier. We celebrated our 4th Wedding anniversary that evening and it was the MOST ROMANTIC place I have even been to. It was so romantic being away from the main resort and just hearing the ocean was wonderful. I would recommend it as a fabulous place to propose for any one looking for the perfect place! Wilson was our butler during the meal and he was just perfect, providing humour during the evening.

I would like to mention a few other staff who made our holiday more memorable including Hector (on the preferred bar), William & Alexandra (on the seaside breakfast grill) and Louise (guest relations who I had been emailing before our holiday). We certainly found the food to be really great. I know this is all based on preferences but we really enjoyed the selection and variety of restaurants. For us the Mexican and the French were fantastic. One other nice Dreams touch was that we did need to reserve the restaurants beforehand.

We did a few excursions including the Caribbean Cruise (booked via Thomson and we found it expensive for what you got), the outback safari (booked via Thomson and highly recommend this one) and the speedboats (we booked this ourselves via Pro-excursions based in Bayahibe town. this was excellent and only $50 dollars each and well worth it). We also walked into Bayahibe a few times and did find that the vendors hassled you a lot. We were unable to really look at their products as they were just too overwhelming. I did find this with the little market stalls at the hotel too. They want to place items on you to make you purchase them. It was a bit annoying however we soon got use to walking past them and not giving any eye contact. This was not a reflection on the hotel.

* A useful tip I could have done with before we travelled was to take more Dominican Pesos rather than USD as the prices are cheaper in Pesos.

Thank you to all the staff. We had a wonderful holiday and will return and highly recommend the hotel to others.

Room Tip: Preferred Club rooms
  • Stayed: September 2013, traveled as a couple
5  Thank craigeyboyOT
Rudy R, Resident Manager at Dreams La Romana Resort & Spa, responded to this reviewResponded September 14, 2013

Trip Advisor response to - craigeyboyOT

Date of review - 13th September

Dear Guest,

May I take this opportunity to thank you for choosing Dreams La Romana as your holiday destination and we appreciate the time you have taken to write a review of your stay with us.

We are delighted to hear that your time at our wonderful resort met with your expectations, we are very pleased you enjoyed the benefits of our Preferred Club and we are happy you enjoyed your romantic meal in such a beautiful setting.

Thank you for recommending our resort to others, and we hope we do get the opportunity to be your hosts again in the future.

Reviewed September 13, 2013

My first comment is not about the hotel.......IF YOU TRAVEL BY BA THEY STOP OFF IN ANTIGUA FIRST AND ON WAY BACK (FOUND OUT AT AIRPORT)

Well on to the hotel......I try to give marks out of ten.

Food - 6 - Nice, sometimes a bit cold but what you expect from all inclusive

Room - 6 - We only had shower, but was clean and tidy but room walls paper thin, so you hear everything if you know what I mean.

Drinks - 7 - Ok but not outstanding but again Im only going against other all inclusive holidays I have been too.

Service - 9 - People were friendly, reception a bit .........cold I would say

Amstar Rep - Clueless, played on phone all the time.

Trip too Samoa Island - 6 - First part rubbish not tropical paradise....drinks in sea good, worth the money.....just for speedboat back and drinks otherwise not good.

Free Local Cigar Factory Trip - 2 - waste of time unless you want cigars

Transfers - 1 hour to 1 and a half hours, comfortable.

Overview.

BA rubbish, ran out of food, coke etc , did not inform half people that you stop in Antigua, hotel beach great, pools great, pool bar great. A nice place but watch for dodgy belly as it does do the rounds, plenty of bug repel spray, imodium. The barside grill is great for lunch.......We had a good time with our friend and collegues that made a ok hotel a better place to visit. Its not a cheap place anymore as they trying to cash in now on toursism. Spa Expensive, shop expensive, golf great but go to the teeth of the dog, great course but not cheap.........retained cuba cup, thanks to a couple of walls and large stone next to water on last hole lol

Room Tip: get a top floor room
  • Stayed: September 2013, traveled with friends
1  Thank FIREMANSAM_10

Trip Advisor response too - FIREMANSAM_10

Date of review - 13th September 2013

Dear Guest,

Thank you very much for choosing Dreams La Romana as your holiday destination and we appreciate the time you have taken to write a review of your stay with us.,

We are very grateful for all of your feedback. here at our wonderful resort we take on board all comments our much valued guests leave with us, positive and otherwise, this is an excellent way of making improvements in the future.

We hope we get the opportunity to be your hosts again in the future.