“carribean dream!”

GreenLeadersGold level
Woking, England, United Kingdom
“carribean dream!”
Reviewed August 29, 2013

Stayed here September 2012 as a Preferred Club guest. I have to say, there is something about a holiday resort when your most taxing decision you have to make is at 10am to the lovely bar waiter/waitress, is whether to have alcohol in your cocktail! Rooms, food and hospitality is just fabulous. The Dominican People are so friendly and proud of their country, and they make you so welcome, its difficult to find fault. The beach is quite short and relatively narrow compared to resorts in Punta Cana, but its clean with lovely white sand and there are enough rocks to make snorkeling an option. In the evening you have a choice of 7 restaurants and best of all, no booking and wristbands at this all inclusive resort. My husband and I have holidayed in Dom Rep on 7 occasions now and we are returning this September. However, for the first time we will be revisiting a resort - Dreams La Romana, we are coming back!

• Stayed September 2012, traveled with friends
3 Thank Heather H
Rudy R, Resident Manager at Dreams La Romana Resort & Spa, responded to this review, August 30, 2013
Trip Advisor response to - Heather H

Dear Heather,

Thank you for choosing Dreams La Romana as your holiday destination and we appreciate the time you have taken to write a review of your time with us

We are delighted that your time at our resort exceeded your expectations, we are so honoured that you and your husband have decided to return, we extend our gratitude to you for the loyalty you have shown to us.

We very much look forward to being your hosts again in the future

Resident Manager

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (2,282)
  • Czech first
  • Thai first
New York City, New York

My GF and I just came back from Dreams:

Resort Grounds / Beach
The grounds are huge and the beach is beautiful. The water is clear. Lots of activities to keep you occupied through your stay. Good for families.

Rooms
Room were clean but on the small side, but that didn't matter for us. Expect to get up around 10AM because of the loud conversations by the cleaning ladies in the hallway- a lot of sound comes in from there.

Food / Drinks
7 restaurants that reuse the same ingredients. I've been to other all inclusives, so I was not expecting anything great, but this fell below my expectations. Honestly, the best food was the pizza bar near the pool. My GF got food poisining on her last day on the sliced salmon in the world cafe. Drinks are super sugary.

Ground workers are friendly, restaurant workers were neutral, but bartenders were bad. Consistent preference for guests who spoke spanish, so you may feel like a bit of an outsider here. Many of the workers speak very little english.

I got this deal through travelzoo/cheap carribean. I had a relaxing time, but if i had a choice I'd pass on Dreams

Room Tip: I would get a room on the second or third floor. We had a room on the first floor and it got loud in...
  • Stayed August 2013, traveled as a couple
Trip Advisor response to - Jay L

Dear Jay,

We are very pleased you chose Dreams La Romana as your holiday destination and we appreciate the time you have taken to write a review of your time with us.

We are disappointed that certain aspects of your vacation did not meet with your expectations, however please allow me to take this opportunity to clarify some points, the vast majority of our staff speak English, a lot of them speak it fluently, we are sorry if this did not reach out to you as expected.

The comments you made regarding using the same ingredients in our restaurants is slightly misleading, along with our world café buffet, we have 7 restaurants, all different themed with entirely different menus.

Also I am very pleased to report that here at Dreams La Romana we have no reported cases of food poisoning, we are sorry your partner fell ill and certainly hope she is feeling better now but we have had no other complaints about the salmon, you don't mention in your review if your partner has actually been given this diagnosis from a medical professional. However, as stated previously we genuinely hope your partner has made a speedy recovery.

We thank you for all of your feedback

Greater London, United Kingdom
Reviewed August 29, 2013

Well this was our first visit to DR. Well lets just say we are defo going back there next year. Hotel is lovely, loads of different eating venues which was pleasant and you cannot fault the food or service. Hotel is placed in a lovely area and the facilities are excellent. Staff are very welcoming and helpful.

We upgraded to the preferred section, rooms are great, open and clean. Service we got was very good. Hector in the preferred bar is a great guy. Marcia in the preferred concierge is a lovely and friendly young lady who is always there to help you with your stay and ensure you have a lovely holiday.

Jhonatan is another great concierge who was always going out his way to say hi and help us with any food venue bookings.

Plenty of sunbeds for all to use in both pools and on the beach.

Hotel itself is very specious and clean.

Lunchtime freshly made pizza huts was a hit with us.

Grounds are kept immaculate and I take my hat off to all that work there to ensure high standards are kept.

To be honest it was a nice refreshing place to stay where staff and guests all were smiling and we heard of no complaints whilst we were there.

Jhonatan/Marcia - we will be back next year so be warned :)

• Stayed July 2013, traveled as a couple
2 Thank Av S
Trip Advisor response to - Av_Sun

Dear Guest,

Thank you for choosing Dreams La Romana to be your hosts whilst on vacation, and we thank you kindly for the time you have taken to write a review of your stay with us.

We are very pleased that your time with us exceeded your expectations and we are happy to learn you enjoyed the benefits of our preferred club, we will certainly pass on your kind words to those staff mentioned who made your stay even more enjoyable.

We do hope we get the opportunity to serve you again in the future

kildare
Reviewed August 27, 2013

I wish to write to you just to say thank you for the lovely holiday I and my family had while staying with yourselves from the 14th July to the 28th July.

We had two rooms booked, we stayed in rooms 7128 & 4218.

I work in the hotel industry myself, and I felt I needed to say thank you to the Management and Staff in The Dreams La Romana for all the hard work you do.

From porters, front office team, waiters, bar persons, accommodation staff, entertainers, management, you all should be proud of the work and effort you put into keeping the hotel going from strength to strength.

From the moment we arrived until the day we departed I could not fault the hotel in any way.

We ate in every restaurant and thoroughly enjoyed each one even though on one or two occasions, there was a slight delay between starters and main course. I can understand this was due to busy periods.

This was the most relaxing holiday, the pools and the beach were well maintained, the surrounding areas also spotless.

Once again I must give credit to all the staff we met, I believe they work long hours, they are happy in their jobs. and they know how to give excellent customer service.

I will definitely recommend Dreams La Romana as a holiday destination, and I personally myself will be returning to you in the future.

Thank you again for the kind hospitality and keep up the good work.

• Stayed July 2013, traveled with family
7 Thank grassyroot
Rudy R, Resident Manager at Dreams La Romana Resort & Spa, responded to this review, August 28, 2013
Trip Advisor response to - grassyroot

Dear Guest,

We are so pleased that you chose Dreams La Romana to be your hosts whilst on vacation and we appreciate the time you have taken to write a review of your time with us.

We are delighted to hear that your time at our wonderful resort exceeded your expectations, we are so happy and honoured with the kind words you have written about the excellent staff members we have at our hotel, here at Dreams La Romana we pride ourselves on the brilliant service we give to our much valued guests and we extend our gratitude to you for recognizing that.

We do hope we get the opportunity to serve you once again in the future.

Barnsley, United Kingdom
Reviewed August 27, 2013

Visited the Dreams La Romana with 2 friends for a week of sun and relaxation. We were really excited about the experience given the great reviews for the hotel and the wonderful pictures on their website.

We booked a standard single room and a premium twin room for the 3 of us. A few days prior to departure I called to check that the rooms were allocated correctly and that everything was set for our trip. I was assured that everything was fine.

Upon arrival at the hotel, we were greeted with champagne and cookies, which was lovely. However, when we came to check in, the room allocations had been mixed up so we spent quite a while with the staff member reallocating the right 2 people to the twin room. Our luggage had been taken from us to take to the rooms, so the names obviously needed to be right!

My friend in the single room was sorted and her room was lovely - really modern and clean with lots of little extras such as bathrobe, slippers, toiletries and welcome balloons. My friend and I then went to our room, which was equally lovely and with the extras, but... with only a king-size bed. We went back down to reception to explain that we should have been in a twin room with 2 beds, showing them the booking with confirmation of this. It took in excess of 20 minutes to get this sorted, but we were eventually given another room in a different building to the first. When we got to this room, it did indeed have twin beds but the room was very shabby and dated and was clearly not the premium room we had paid for. We had no "extras" at all (as in our friend's room and the first double room we'd been allocated). We again went back to reception, feeling very hot and bothered and frustrated, and had to explain everything again to a different member of staff. We explained that we had paid for a premium room and that we hadn't been given this when reallocated, but the member of staff just didn't want to know. Given we'd now wasted an hour of our holiday through no fault of our own, we decided to make do with the room we had, but we were really disappointed. Especially as we'd paid extra for a premium room and ended up with a room that was decidedly shabby and dated at the side of the "standard" room our friend had been placed in. We even had to wait 2 days for bathrobes and slippers to be provided (with us asking at reception every morning and every evening for these to be put in our room).

The holiday itself at this resort was good, but there are definite improvements to be made, particularly in the area of customer service. While the restaurants and food were great in terms of choices and quality, the service in the majority was very poor. Particularly in the World Café at breakfast time where a cup of tea appears to be an alien concept to all the waiters. And even when they do eventually bring tea, trying to get milk to go in it is a near impossibility. One morning we were sat waiting for 15 minutes between the waiter pouring the tea and then bringing us milk to go in it! Generally, the service in all the restaurants is way below what you would expect of such a high starred hotel, and leaves you feeling disappointed with the whole experience.

Also, at the weekend, the infinity pool becomes overrun with very noisy locals who completely take over the pool bar to the exclusion of actual guests. When you're paying the prices you are to stay at somewhere high-end and "exclusive" like Dreams, you really don't expect this. The pool bar waiters basically ignored guests and instead served up drinks to the locals dancing on the bar and downing shots all afternoon. Not a relaxing experience at all.

Although we did enjoy our week in the sun, it's doubtful we'll be visiting Dreams La Romana again. The prices charged aren't reflected in the service provided in all aspects of this hotel - front of house, restaurant staff or bar staff. It could be superb, but just doesn't quite live up to it.

• Stayed August 2013, traveled with friends
4 Thank SalM007
Trip Advisor response to - Sal007

Dear Guest,

We are very disappointed to learn that there were some aspects of your time with us that did not reach your expectations, we are sorry to hear you had some issues whilst checking in, we do our very best to ensure every one of our much valued guest are happy with their allocated room, we are sorry if this was not your experience.

We apologize that you did not find our service to be at the level you expected, this is surprising to us as we usually get excellent feedback from our guests about the service they receive whilst in our resort, again we are sorry if this did not reach out to you as expected

Here at Dreams La Romana we appreciate all of the feedback we get from guests, both positive and otherwise and we thank you for bringing your experience to our attention

Cublin
Reviewed August 27, 2013

Had a great holiday with Hubby in Dreams La Romana November 2012. I was very weary after a few comments we had read here. But thankfully they where all proven wrong. The staff where all so friendly and helpful, the resort was spotless. The food and drink was top class. Enterainment was great. Oh and the beach, that beautiful beach. Hopeully was will be able to go back some day. Thanks for the memories Dreams!

• Stayed November 2012, traveled as a couple
Trip Advisor response to - Aisling M

Dear Guest,

We are so grateful that you chose Dreams La Romana as your holiday destination and we thank you kindly for the time you have taken to write a review of your time with us.

We are delighted that your time at our wonderful resort met with your expectations and we appreciate all of your feedback, thank you for your kind comments about our wonderful staff at our hotel, we very much appreciate it.

We do hope we get the opportunity to be your hosts again in the future.

Reviewed August 26, 2013

Dreams was an excellent experience from the moment we walked in until we left, Nilo took great care of us during check in. We stayed in block seven which was very nice, quiet and great for couples. We spent most of our time at the pool bar where the staff was amazing and where we made friends with staff and other vacationers. I went with another couple and we all had a great time. My only complain would be that the other pool had a better music and that the Internet service was very slow. I want to thank The Pool bar crew (Manuel, Antonio, Carlos, Julio, Indiana & Ana) for making this trip one to remember!! I'm already planning my next vacation but want to bring my children with me. Sincerely, The Morales'

Stayed August 2013, traveled as a couple
2 Thank Lissette M
Trip Advisor response to - Lissette M

Date of review - 26th August 2013

Dear Lissette,

We would like to take this opportunity to thank you for choosing Dreams La Romana as your holiday destination and we are very grateful for the time you have taken to write a review of your stay with us.

We are delighted to hear that your time with us met your expectations, and are so happy you are planning to return! I will certainly pass on all of your kind comments to our staff who work at our Infinity Pool who helped make your stay even more enjoyable.

We do hope you return in the future as it would be our pleasure to serve you once again

Resident Manager
Also consider these accommodations in or near Bayahibe
Casa de Campo Resort & Villas
Dreams Dominicus La Romana
Dreams Punta Cana Resort & Spa
Dreams Palm Beach Punta Cana
Dreams Palm Beach Punta Cana
#12 of 112 in Punta Cana
Now Larimar Punta Cana
Melia Caribe Tropical

Been to Dreams La Romana Resort & Spa? Share your experiences!