After reading many reviews before we left for this resort, I was a bit worried what we were going to incur during our stay, but after staying here for 2 weeks I really don't understand how people can rate this anything below 4 stars. There were 10 adults between the ages of 23-53 and 1 child aged 4. It was our wedding out there which ill mention my thoughts on that bit later.
We were greeted with champagne and a cookie when we arrived and checking was smooth and fast. We stayed in building 7 , but had friends staying in buildings 2 and 4 also and each one was beautiful and clean. Building 7 is the furthest away but closest to preferred facilities and the wedding gazebo, and very quiet.
The restaurants I'd probably give 9/10 they were very very good throughout our 2 week stay. We visited all but the Mexican. The steak is amazing in every restaurant! Only problem the service can be a bit slow but once you raise this with the waiter things speed up! Beware of chicken dishes , every time we ordered chicken it was still pink inside!
The beach was very clean and calm and my 4 yr old loved the sea trampoline and watching the crabs! He did attempt the kids club on first day but there wasn't many children there and his quite shy so gave up that idea. Although it did look very safe and fun.
Entertainment was good, lots going on round pool and beach. The staff were so helpful and polite each time saying 'its a pleasure' when you thank them.
We had our wedding at the garden gazebo with dinner on the beach and our coordinator was Jenny. I must say it was way beyond expectations. It was beautiful, everything ran to plan and the decorations where beautifully placed. I wouldn't not hesitate to recommend this resort and wedding coordinators to plan your wedding.
Overall we would book this hotel in heartbeat, although we love travelling to different places and are going to Dreams Tulum in Mexico next year, I hope it's as beautiful as Dreams La Romana!
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Set amidst a world of pristine beaches, lush tropical jungle and turquoise sea on the southeast coast of the Dominican Republic, Dreams La Romana is the perfect resort for singles, couples and families. Unlimited Luxury Enjoy the many amenities of Unlimited-Luxury at Dreams La Romana Resort & Spa, where nearly everything is included. Every gourmet meal, every fine wine and cocktail, and so much more. At Dreams La Romana Resort & Spa, these amenities include: •Elegant accommodations with incredible views •Gourmet dining at eleven specialty restaurants •24-hour room service •Unlimited top-shelf spirits at seven festive bars and lounges •All day and nighttime activities and entertainment •Option to upgrade to Preferred Club privileges •Free WiFi and international calling with Unlimited Connectivity (coming soon) •Full breakfast, lunch, dinner and snacks •Unlimited natural fruit juices and soft drinks •Unlimited international and domestic top-shelf spirits •Complimentary mini-bar refreshed daily with soft drinks, juices, bottled water and beer •24-hour room service •Specialty restaurants with no reservations required •Themed parties, oceanfront bars and entertainment venues •Pristine swimming pools •Pool and beach wait service •Endless daytime activities and live nightly entertainment •Explorer's Club for kids with supervised activities •Core Zone Teens Club with teen activities •Fitness center •No wristbands required •All taxes and gratuities Unlimited Top-Shelf Spirits Enjoy international and domestic top-shelf spirits, fine wines and ice-cold beer at any of our seven bars and lounges. Then keep the party going with 24-hour room service and your own complimentary mini-bar. All of your favorite drinks are served without limit or expected gratuities at Dreams La Romana Resort & Spa. World-Class Spa Indulge and invigorate your senses with a day in the Dreams Spa by Pevonia. Spanning more than 21,000 square feet, the on-site spa at Dreams La Romana Resort & Spa offers a la carte treatment options ranging from the traditional to transcendent. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Expedia, BookIt.com, Orbitz, Hotels.com, Travelocity, Hotwire, TravelUp, Jetsetter, Priceline, TripOnline SA, getaroom.com and HotelQuickly so you can book your Dreams La Romana Resort & Spa reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Dreams La Romana Bayahibe
- Dreams La Romana Hotel Bayahibe
- Dreams La Romana Resort & Spa Dominican Republic/Bayahibe