we went in January first time and the trip from airport was not too bad 45 minutes. We had arranged a private taxi. We had upgraded to the Club rooms at the hotel and I would 100% recommend these rooms to everyone that likes the extra luxury and quieter areas. We were taken to the club room reception where the staff were fab. Our room was right by the club room swimming pool and the pool was fantastic with a lovely bar just for club room guests all top shelf international drinks but do ask for specifics like smirnoff,gordons etc. We loved the fact that you dont have to go in the morning to the breakfast restaurants and have the club room area where you can have continental breakfast in their exclusive area which is lovely and free internet and it is just lovely sitting there and having champagne anytime of the day or night. Also if you dont want to go to the main areas in the evenings it is lovely just sitting round the pool by the bar and having drinks before going to dinner and it is nice as it is only for club room guests. The rooms are beautiful and spotlessly clean. The rooms are fumigated every week for mossies which is great as they love me. I did take my own fly spray. Had no problems with mossies in room. I would suggest insect repellent in evenings as there are a few around. I only got one bite in the whole two weeks but I made sure I was covered with mossie spray before going out. I took my straightners and they worked perfectly with no convertors but check on the box before taking. The beach was beautiful but only disappointment is the club room area is not on beach and you have to walk down to beach via the normal area to go swim we didnt use the beach much as we enjoyed the pool. There is one restaurant which is only for club room guests for breakfast right on the water and it does cooked or continental breakfast while over looking the sea just fab. We did not realise till we had been there a week it is worth going there breakfast is great. Better than the big buffet breakfast area which is massive. Staff are all just so lovely and helpful no need to tip but if you want to that is great we always tip the person cleaning bedroom when we arrive and we made sure we took dominican peso for tipping. When purchasing anything on credit card it is better to ask them to do it in Dom Peso and not US$ as the exchange rate is much better. Dont buy cigars or cigarettes in the hotel as the guys there are rip off merchants they get it duty free and charge stupid price for cigs cheaper to buy duty free. Night club is great and there is a lovely courtyard area with big beds and speakers so you can sit out under the stars and still hear the music and can smoke out there if you wish. we had a blast. Casino is ok for a bit of fun small but for the gamblers out there it is not like las vegas. French restaurant we found the best and if you like lobster it is well worth doing the special lobster eat as much as you want evening you have to pay for it but it is cheap and the variety of food is superb you sit on the lovely sand area under the stars with lobster cooked on the bbq in front of you and there is so much food , steak, seafoods, salads, chicken etc. We would 100% recommend the Capa Cana catamaran day trip it is just fab with lobster for lunch it is a little expensive but the whole day is luxury you go on this fantastic catamaran and have drinks all day all named brands and dominican rum and party and go snorkelling and you have breakfast and lunch at donald trumps resort on the marina restaurant and then you are taken on coach after lunch to the best beach in the dominican it was breathtaking. here you have more drinks and sunbathe, swim and there is a beach bar for the tour and lots of music. when you are on the boat they take you to this area where you jump off and they have the staff with trays of drinks in the water while you listen to great music and they take videos which you can purchase. It was brilliant. I will do a review on Saona Island tour which we did this is just beautiful but I will go into more detail about it soon. If going to the club area I emailed the hotel before we left and asked for one of the new rooms in the new block I think it was block 5 but you could ask for room by the pool on bottom floor. They are very helpful and will try their best to accommodate. Go to their website dreams la romana and there is contact email. We will be going back again as it is just beautiful and the weather is guaranteed sunshine it was between 28 to 34 every day only rained for about 1 minute on a couple of days whilst we were in the pool. Oh forgot we also hired the private pool with butler and you get breakfast gourmet lunch with special cocktails all to yourself. The pool is right overlooking the water in the club room area just ask the staff to tell you where you can go and look at it. Nobody else can use it we had it from 8.30 to 5pm and it was just lovely if you want a bit of romance it worked out about £90 in total it is a bit of luxury but was worth it. They give you a menu to pick what you want for lunch it is three course and huge. The butler gets all your drinks and brings you champagne as much as you want throughout the day.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Set amidst a world of pristine beaches, lush tropical jungle and turquoise sea on the southeast coast of the Dominican Republic, Dreams La Romana is the perfect resort for singles, couples and families. Unlimited Luxury Enjoy the many amenities of Unlimited-Luxury at Dreams La Romana Resort & Spa, where nearly everything is included. Every gourmet meal, every fine wine and cocktail, and so much more. At Dreams La Romana Resort & Spa, these amenities include: •Elegant accommodations with incredible views •Gourmet dining at eleven specialty restaurants •24-hour room service •Unlimited top-shelf spirits at seven festive bars and lounges •All day and nighttime activities and entertainment •Option to upgrade to Preferred Club privileges •Free WiFi and international calling with Unlimited Connectivity (coming soon) •Full breakfast, lunch, dinner and snacks •Unlimited natural fruit juices and soft drinks •Unlimited international and domestic top-shelf spirits •Complimentary mini-bar refreshed daily with soft drinks, juices, bottled water and beer •24-hour room service •Specialty restaurants with no reservations required •Themed parties, oceanfront bars and entertainment venues •Pristine swimming pools •Pool and beach wait service •Endless daytime activities and live nightly entertainment •Explorer's Club for kids with supervised activities •Core Zone Teens Club with teen activities •Fitness center •No wristbands required •All taxes and gratuities Unlimited Top-Shelf Spirits Enjoy international and domestic top-shelf spirits, fine wines and ice-cold beer at any of our seven bars and lounges. Then keep the party going with 24-hour room service and your own complimentary mini-bar. All of your favorite drinks are served without limit or expected gratuities at Dreams La Romana Resort & Spa. World-Class Spa Indulge and invigorate your senses with a day in the Dreams Spa by Pevonia. Spanning more than 21,000 square feet, the on-site spa at Dreams La Romana Resort & Spa offers a la carte treatment options ranging from the traditional to transcendent. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Booking.com, TravelUp, BookIt.com, Hotels.com, Orbitz, TripOnline SA, Travelocity and HotelQuickly so you can book your Dreams La Romana Resort & Spa reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Dreams La Romana Bayahibe
- Dreams La Romana Hotel Bayahibe
- Dreams La Romana Resort & Spa Dominican Republic/Bayahibe