My family and I own a vacation club through Dreams /amstar so we are very familiar with their resorts and amenities , as we have visited 8 of them in past 4 years . When we first arrived, I must say I was very surprised with the overall appearance of the lobby , I heard the resort had went through renovations few years back , It seemed old and outdated , but it was clean so that's my main concern . Our room was nice , wish we would've had ceiling fans but no biggie , now what really concerned me was the lack of service at this resort ... I am of Dominican decent and my husband is Puerto Rican and we speak the language perfectly , but what surprised me is how no matter what language I spoke to them , they always always got my food order wrong , it actually became a joke between my family and I , also if you order room service please do not expect to receive enough silverware , even if you ask for it !!!! The restaurants were fairly good , of course me being Dominican, I really enjoyed Jungles restaurant, and the servers were the sweetest , even though they kept forgetting half our food . The buffet was very disappointing to me , the only tropical fruit they had was passion fruit and pineapple , and no fresh Oj for bfast , except for day 1 of our trip , after that the server admitted they were using concentrate tang like mix , which is surprising to me . I just feel this resort is very misleading with their ratings , yes it's very clean / beautiful grounds but I promise you it is not a 4 or 5 star hotel , and owning a vacation club through Dreams , I know what to expect from them and I promise , had I visited here 1st I would've never purchased the club . I have to say we did meet great employees, like Hector the bartender from the preferred club ! It's simply amazing how he goes above and beyond for his customers ! I just hope Dreams knows what an amazing employee they have in their hands ! Lastly ladies please please if your husband is remotely handsome beware ! These women are like hound dogs !!!!! I guess the thought of a green card is just too much too handle for them ! They would hit on my husband every minute they could , he'd order a drink and the bartenders would ask how they can order him !!!! It got to point where my husband would send me up or go up hand in hand with our daughter to get our drinks, I had one event coordinator calling him "Papi" as she spoke to him , And would not leave him alone to come play water polo even after my husband told her firmly he wasn't interested . I am not the jealous type and most of time my husband and I laughed it off , he is a very handsome man , so can't say I blame them for looking, but its just a respect issue ! We are here with our two small children , my little girl shouldn't have to hear a bartender asking "how she can order a side " of her daddy ! I can honestly say I will never be returning to this Resort, save your money and go to Paradisus Reserve or Paradisus Palma Real , now that's what I call a 4/5 ** resort !!!!
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Set amidst a world of pristine beaches, lush tropical jungle and turquoise sea on the southeast coast of the Dominican Republic, Dreams La Romana is the perfect resort for singles, couples and families. Unlimited Luxury Enjoy the many amenities of Unlimited-Luxury at Dreams La Romana Resort & Spa, where nearly everything is included. Every gourmet meal, every fine wine and cocktail, and so much more. At Dreams La Romana Resort & Spa, these amenities include: •Elegant accommodations with incredible views •Gourmet dining at eleven specialty restaurants •24-hour room service •Unlimited top-shelf spirits at seven festive bars and lounges •All day and nighttime activities and entertainment •Option to upgrade to Preferred Club privileges •Free WiFi and international calling with Unlimited Connectivity (coming soon) •Full breakfast, lunch, dinner and snacks •Unlimited natural fruit juices and soft drinks •Unlimited international and domestic top-shelf spirits •Complimentary mini-bar refreshed daily with soft drinks, juices, bottled water and beer •24-hour room service •Specialty restaurants with no reservations required •Themed parties, oceanfront bars and entertainment venues •Pristine swimming pools •Pool and beach wait service •Endless daytime activities and live nightly entertainment •Explorer's Club for kids with supervised activities •Core Zone Teens Club with teen activities •Fitness center •No wristbands required •All taxes and gratuities Unlimited Top-Shelf Spirits Enjoy international and domestic top-shelf spirits, fine wines and ice-cold beer at any of our seven bars and lounges. Then keep the party going with 24-hour room service and your own complimentary mini-bar. All of your favorite drinks are served without limit or expected gratuities at Dreams La Romana Resort & Spa. World-Class Spa Indulge and invigorate your senses with a day in the Dreams Spa by Pevonia. Spanning more than 21,000 square feet, the on-site spa at Dreams La Romana Resort & Spa offers a la carte treatment options ranging from the traditional to transcendent. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Expedia, Priceline, TravelUp, Orbitz, BookIt.com, Hotels.com, Travelocity, Agoda, TripOnline SA, getaroom.com and HotelQuickly so you can book your Dreams La Romana Resort & Spa reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Dreams La Romana Bayahibe
- Dreams La Romana Hotel Bayahibe
- Dreams La Romana Resort & Spa Dominican Republic/Bayahibe