The visit started with a wait for our room and then a 45 minute wait for our baggage to be delivered. Next, while we were waiting we tried to find out about internet service. We were paying roughly $400 a day but the hotel has an outside provider that charged $25 for enough wireless for a 4 day stay. The problem is you can only use it on one device at a time. So you and your spouse cannot use the internet simultaneously.
Overall hotel service was spotty throughout the stay. The bartenders were friendly and generous but this was offset by poor service almost everywhere else. The worst is the constant barrage of "greeters" who accost you constantly asking to attend an orientation/anniversary celebration where they will try to sell you more Dreams products. The "concierge" was helpful to get taxis, but useless for any other information such as instructions on how to walk to the park or to use the TV. (We needed to ask 3 times for a channel menu.) The food was mediocre, usually overcooked and cold. The exception was the fish at the Seaside Grill which was good.
There is unlimited access to the bar but the wine is awful!!! To get a decent glass of wine, you must buy from the premium wine club which is expensive and not included in the pretty expensive "all inclusive" hotel service fee.
The spa was good, not excellent. The entertainment was a joke. It was a notch lower than what I remembered from the Catskills hotels of my youth--just think Dirty Dancing in Spanish.
At check out they tried to hit us up for a special dinner that we supposedly ate on New Years. We never were told that the menu was "special" and never would have guessed it from the tiny dried out lobster tail. In fact, we were so hungry that we ordered room service shortly after dinner, but it took so long, we were practically asleep when it arrived.
This might be a fun place for a family that doesn't enjoy touring interesting places and wants have a place to bake in the sun by the pool and drink. The kids were all pretty happy, it seemed.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Set amidst a world of pristine beaches, lush tropical jungle and turquoise sea on the southeast coast of the Dominican Republic, Dreams La Romana is the perfect resort for singles, couples and families. Unlimited Luxury Enjoy the many amenities of Unlimited-Luxury at Dreams La Romana Resort & Spa, where nearly everything is included. Every gourmet meal, every fine wine and cocktail, and so much more. At Dreams La Romana Resort & Spa, these amenities include: •Elegant accommodations with incredible views •Gourmet dining at eleven specialty restaurants •24-hour room service •Unlimited top-shelf spirits at seven festive bars and lounges •All day and nighttime activities and entertainment •Option to upgrade to Preferred Club privileges •Free WiFi and international calling with Unlimited Connectivity (coming soon) •Full breakfast, lunch, dinner and snacks •Unlimited natural fruit juices and soft drinks •Unlimited international and domestic top-shelf spirits •Complimentary mini-bar refreshed daily with soft drinks, juices, bottled water and beer •24-hour room service •Specialty restaurants with no reservations required •Themed parties, oceanfront bars and entertainment venues •Pristine swimming pools •Pool and beach wait service •Endless daytime activities and live nightly entertainment •Explorer's Club for kids with supervised activities •Core Zone Teens Club with teen activities •Fitness center •No wristbands required •All taxes and gratuities Unlimited Top-Shelf Spirits Enjoy international and domestic top-shelf spirits, fine wines and ice-cold beer at any of our seven bars and lounges. Then keep the party going with 24-hour room service and your own complimentary mini-bar. All of your favorite drinks are served without limit or expected gratuities at Dreams La Romana Resort & Spa. World-Class Spa Indulge and invigorate your senses with a day in the Dreams Spa by Pevonia. Spanning more than 21,000 square feet, the on-site spa at Dreams La Romana Resort & Spa offers a la carte treatment options ranging from the traditional to transcendent. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, BookIt.com, TravelUp, Hotels.com, Booking.com, Orbitz, TripOnline SA, Travelocity and HotelQuickly so you can book your Dreams La Romana Resort & Spa reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Dreams La Romana Bayahibe
- Dreams La Romana Hotel Bayahibe
- Dreams La Romana Resort & Spa Dominican Republic/Bayahibe