I have been to big and small name resorts, but this, by far, was the most unexpectedly expensive all inclusive package I have ever booked. Everyone at the resort, whether staff, invited vendors or excursion planners will not leave you alone. It is very hard to relax when every 5 minutes someone is trying to get you to buy something (trinkets, trips, etc). Even if you don't want to buy anything you will spend money in attempt to be left in peace. I felt I was completely bothered the entire length of the trip (5 days).
The resort promotes onsite vendors that have no problem trying to sell you the exact same items from the gift shop at 500% of the listed price. We tried to walk across the main pool area to go to dinner...that only took 30+ minutes for a 100 yard walk. We were stopped every 5 feet to explain for 5-10 minutes that we do not want to purchase anything, just hungry.
I also found the staff to be very unpleasant...I can't say that I blame them, but I do feel it is a truthful reflection of the management staff.
Scenery and the actual resort grounds were well manicured and some of the prettiest scenery I have ever laid eyes upon.
Oh...and 1) BEWARE of the timeshare talk/tour & 2) DON'T call it a timeshare...that will spawn another lengthy defense about how it is not a timeshare.
After 5 days of limited relaxation I was happy to leave and never look back.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Set amidst a world of pristine beaches, lush tropical jungle and turquoise sea on the southeast coast of the Dominican Republic, Dreams La Romana is the perfect resort for singles, couples and families. Unlimited Luxury Enjoy the many amenities of Unlimited-Luxury at Dreams La Romana Resort & Spa, where nearly everything is included. Every gourmet meal, every fine wine and cocktail, and so much more. At Dreams La Romana Resort & Spa, these amenities include: •Elegant accommodations with incredible views •Gourmet dining at eleven specialty restaurants •24-hour room service •Unlimited top-shelf spirits at seven festive bars and lounges •All day and nighttime activities and entertainment •Option to upgrade to Preferred Club privileges •Free WiFi and international calling with Unlimited Connectivity (coming soon) •Full breakfast, lunch, dinner and snacks •Unlimited natural fruit juices and soft drinks •Unlimited international and domestic top-shelf spirits •Complimentary mini-bar refreshed daily with soft drinks, juices, bottled water and beer •24-hour room service •Specialty restaurants with no reservations required •Themed parties, oceanfront bars and entertainment venues •Pristine swimming pools •Pool and beach wait service •Endless daytime activities and live nightly entertainment •Explorer's Club for kids with supervised activities •Core Zone Teens Club with teen activities •Fitness center •No wristbands required •All taxes and gratuities Unlimited Top-Shelf Spirits Enjoy international and domestic top-shelf spirits, fine wines and ice-cold beer at any of our seven bars and lounges. Then keep the party going with 24-hour room service and your own complimentary mini-bar. All of your favorite drinks are served without limit or expected gratuities at Dreams La Romana Resort & Spa. World-Class Spa Indulge and invigorate your senses with a day in the Dreams Spa by Pevonia. Spanning more than 21,000 square feet, the on-site spa at Dreams La Romana Resort & Spa offers a la carte treatment options ranging from the traditional to transcendent. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Travelocity, Booking.com, Hotwire, Hotels.com, Despegar.com, Expedia, Odigeo and Jetsetter so you can book your Dreams La Romana reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Dreams La Romana Bayahibe
- Dreams La Romana Hotel Bayahibe
- Dreams La Romana Dominican Republic/Bayahibe