My husband and I have just returned from Dreams La Romana after a two week holiday that was supposed to be a special treat for my 40th birthday. We stayed at the hotel back in December 2008 and had a lovely holiday, the hotel was very clean, food good very peaceful and friendly staff so was looking forward to returning and experiencing this again...how very wrong we were.
Firstly the bed linen was dirty, the room (changed rooms by the 3rd night and was charged £200 as we were told it would be an upgrade but the room was no better or plusher than our original) smelt damp and old, dirty chairs and table, scratched mirror and lamps that a cleaners cloth has never seen!
This hotel is NOT peaceful, there is a continuous flow of staff pushing noisy carts through the grounds. At the main pool they play the worst music that is constantly repeated...if your a Rick Astly fan you will love it.
Lastly and this is the most important information that you really need to know is that on the 4th morning after eating at the Oceana restaurant my husband woke up with diarrhoea and was sick. He spent the day and night in bed he had taken imodium but this did not stop it. He suffered from the diarrhoea for the duration of our holiday. I too had a much milder stomach cramps and felt nauseous for the duration of the holiday. We only ate bread, pizza or dried food for the rest of the holiday and no drank only water as we had lost our appetites and were worried about getting worse. We are still suffering even after our return home and my husband has had to visit our dr as he has lost a total of 15lb. We are awaiting the results of a specimen taken but the dr said it was most likely to be caused by food poisoning. We did report my husbands S&D to concierge who confirmed that there had been other cases reported. He said the hotel would check on my husband to make sure he was ok but knowbody bothered.
The standards at the hotel have dramatically dropped since our last visit and is certainly not for couples who wish to experience a luxury relaxing holiday. The pictures on Thomsons brochure and the Dreams web site are very old and are definitely not a true reflection of the hotel as it is now. We feel cheated out of our money that we had saved for the holiday and would strongly advise anyone thinking of going to reconsider.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Set amidst a world of pristine beaches, lush tropical jungle and turquoise sea on the southeast coast of the Dominican Republic, Dreams La Romana is the perfect resort for singles, couples and families. Unlimited Luxury Enjoy the many amenities of Unlimited-Luxury at Dreams La Romana Resort & Spa, where nearly everything is included. Every gourmet meal, every fine wine and cocktail, and so much more. At Dreams La Romana Resort & Spa, these amenities include: •Elegant accommodations with incredible views •Gourmet dining at eleven specialty restaurants •24-hour room service •Unlimited top-shelf spirits at seven festive bars and lounges •All day and nighttime activities and entertainment •Option to upgrade to Preferred Club privileges •Free WiFi and international calling with Unlimited Connectivity (coming soon) •Full breakfast, lunch, dinner and snacks •Unlimited natural fruit juices and soft drinks •Unlimited international and domestic top-shelf spirits •Complimentary mini-bar refreshed daily with soft drinks, juices, bottled water and beer •24-hour room service •Specialty restaurants with no reservations required •Themed parties, oceanfront bars and entertainment venues •Pristine swimming pools •Pool and beach wait service •Endless daytime activities and live nightly entertainment •Explorer's Club for kids with supervised activities •Core Zone Teens Club with teen activities •Fitness center •No wristbands required •All taxes and gratuities Unlimited Top-Shelf Spirits Enjoy international and domestic top-shelf spirits, fine wines and ice-cold beer at any of our seven bars and lounges. Then keep the party going with 24-hour room service and your own complimentary mini-bar. All of your favorite drinks are served without limit or expected gratuities at Dreams La Romana Resort & Spa. World-Class Spa Indulge and invigorate your senses with a day in the Dreams Spa by Pevonia. Spanning more than 21,000 square feet, the on-site spa at Dreams La Romana Resort & Spa offers a la carte treatment options ranging from the traditional to transcendent. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with BookIt.com, Expedia, Booking.com, Hotels.com and Jetsetter so you can book your Dreams La Romana reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Dreams La Romana Bayahibe
- Dreams La Romana Hotel Bayahibe
- Dreams La Romana Dominican Republic/Bayahibe